Baby Kindred as base ability instead of full Kindred

thesuicidefox
thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
edited August 2018 in General Discussions

If a survivor is within 12m of a hook reveal their aura to all survivors. If the survivor on the hook hears a heartbeat, have their aura pulsate like a heart beat.

This would be the alternative to giving survivors full Kindred on a hook. Kindred can be REALLY good in some situations, for example just by seeing that's its a LF the team will all rush gens really fast. But if they see a Hag they will creep around and maybe do a gen or maybe come for a save. That can be pretty strong if the Kindred guy is the first on the hook. It immediately reveals the killer, and it makes the team super coordinated. It also shows if the killer has BBQ and who they are coming for. That's too good for a base ability.

Baby Kindred wouldn't reveal the killer or coordinate the team. All it will show is whether or not the killer is near for safe unhook (though killer can still be Insidious somewhere) and/or that someone is close enough to save so get ready to do a gen or get chased. It'd also help people coordinate for those tricky saves where you kinda need everyone. You need 1 person to take a hit, 1 to unhook, and 1 to body block if needed. I've seen the guy that took a hit also save, and had no BT, which completely screwed the team when all 3 of us where right there. If he just let the killer chase for even 3 seconds we could have took the guy off the hook safely.

Comments

• Der_Schatten
    Der_Schatten Member Posts: 82

Opinion from a Surv./Killer. Rank 1:

As a Killer i just hope they dont reveal the Killer Aura... cuz that would be too Strong. But i agree with, they can see each other all the time.

As a Survivor, that is Finally the answer for Camping. Camping is only so strong cuz everybody wants to unhook instat of just doing the next gen. Hopefully with this update survivor will see if an other survivor goes for the unhook... and they self could just do gen. And if he is camping, he gets more punished. Hell yea

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@Der_Schatten said:
    As a Killer i just hope they dont reveal the Killer Aura... cuz that would be too Strong. But i agree with, they can see each other all the time.

That's why I say the aura should pulse like a heartbeat. You don't see the killer but you know they are near, so it's an unsafe hook. That's fair because killers should be walking away from hooks ANYWAY to encourage the save. Not doing that and camping is what makes survivors gen rush.

• ChraizE
    ChraizE Member Posts: 232

For the sake of new players and for the love of god give kindred as a base perk. Newbie survivors will gladly let a hooked team mate die on their first hook otherwise, they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. All they know is they are scared to hell because of the killer + heartbeat and they know to either do gens or hide mostly due to freaking out. Kindred will give them the ol "hey, how about some help over here?" I think it's needed badly.

• krick
    krick Member Posts: 13

I rather have tier 3 kindred and change survivors to 2 hooks and we die, it would put solos and swf on far more equal terms, while it does help out swf too, their pretty much have it anyway

It would also make camping less valuable with base kindred and less lives which I'm all for.
    I don't really see the problem, people keep complaining, since the game is swf favored heavily then bring solo up to the same level and apply the needed nerfs to survivors, instead of making solo a zero chance survival and keeping swf to bully killers...

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Mister_Holdout said:
    The devs need to nerf looping before they give survivors their big buff.

Actually devs will buff looping by smashing the nerf hammer on bloodlust and making it easier to drop pallets.

I am exciteted for the next patch, any guesses how large survivor queue times will be after the new killer hype is over?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Master said:

@Mister_Holdout said:
    The devs need to nerf looping before they give survivors their big buff.

Actually devs will buff looping by smashing the nerf hammer on bloodlust and making it easier to drop pallets.

I am exciteted for the next patch, any guesses how large survivor queue times will be after the new killer hype is over?

Just imagine how short the killer queue times will . . . oh wait, they still haven't fixed the lobby bug have they?
  • Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@ChraizE said:
    For the sake of new players and for the love of god give kindred as a base perk. Newbie survivors will gladly let a hooked team mate die on their first hook otherwise, they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. All they know is they are scared to hell because of the killer + heartbeat and they know to either do gens or hide mostly due to freaking out. Kindred will give them the ol "hey, how about some help over here?" I think it's needed badly.

Maybe being scared is what they like about the game. Would it be so hard to believe ? After all DBD is an horror game. Why would you take that from new players, don't they have the right to be make their own mistake, and to get better eventually ? Does everyone need to be good and bored, or can we just take it easy and have some fun ?

@Brady said:
    I was really supportive of kindred as base kit, but I've seem to changed my mind... As a survivor, and someone who plays solo, enjoys the way the game works as of now. I don't want information handed to me on a silver plate; I want the fun in guessing if someone is in a chase, on a gen, or going for a hook save. The actual effort of going for the save and having to find out hes camping. I don't want such an effortless side anymore... I want some challenge and when I play SWF I don't feel that way, which is why I stopped and moved onto PC and went solo.

It sucks SWF has ruined that last sense of horror this game had. What fun.

Just my thoughts, thank you !

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Utna said:

@ChraizE said:

Maybe being scared is what they like about the game. Would it be so hard to believe ? After all DBD is an horror game. Why would you take that from new players, don't they have the right to be make their own mistake, and to get better eventually ? Does everyone need to be good and bored, or can we just take it easy and have some fun ?

@Brady said:
    I was really supportive of kindred as base kit, but I've seem to changed my mind... As a survivor, and someone who plays solo, enjoys the way the game works as of now. I don't want information handed to me on a silver plate; I want the fun in guessing if someone is in a chase, on a gen, or going for a hook save. The actual effort of going for the save and having to find out hes camping. I don't want such an effortless side anymore... I want some challenge and when I play SWF I don't feel that way, which is why I stopped and moved onto PC and went solo.

It sucks SWF has ruined that last sense of horror this game had. What fun.

Just my thoughts, thank you !

Personally I find that the hook save event is plenty scary for new players. Seeing a friend hanging bloody from a meat hook as pounding a heartbeat draws near will make plenty newer players scared. This being said, they'll never go for the save if they think someone else is going for it. Overall this buff will help novices get rescues and get rescued as newer players tend to find themselves on hooks quite a bit too.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@ChraizE said:

Thats why I liked the game so much as new player. It was actually scary and felt like a real horror game. Sadly that illusion didnt last long

Also if you balance the game for beginners.... you know what will happen at high rank, we already have that situationw ith looping atm

• Utna
    edited August 2018

@Peasant said:
    Personally I find that the hook save event is plenty scary for new players. Seeing a friend hanging bloody from a meat hook as pounding a heartbeat draws near will make plenty newer players scared.** This being said, they'll never go for the save if they think someone else is going for it. **

Dude I don't know what your end game is ; believing survivors should all be super strong like SWF, but let's be real for a moment. Didn't you start this game for the first time, and sucked at it for a while ... or where you suddenly one of the world's greatest player ? Why don't you have faith on people like me who actually played the tutorial before having an online game ... or maybe people like you. Why on earth would you believe you managed to get better at this game, while new player NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO PLAY IT. Man this isn't about how good you are, nor it is about how good you believe your teamates should be. This is about people buying a videogame, and enjoying it as they see fit !

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Utna said:

@Peasant said:
    Personally I find that the hook save event is plenty scary for new players. Seeing a friend hanging bloody from a meat hook as pounding a heartbeat draws near will make plenty newer players scared.** This being said, they'll never go for the save if they think someone else is going for it. **

Dude I don't know what your end game is ; believing survivors should all be super strong like SWF, but let's be real for a moment. Didn't you start this game for the first time, and sucked at it for a while ... or where you suddenly one of the world's greatest player ? Why don't you have faith on people like me who actually played the tutorial before having an online game ... or maybe people like you. Why on earth would you believe you managed to get better at this game, while new player NEED TO BE TOLD HOW TO PLAY IT. Man this isn't about how good you are, nor it is about how good you believe your teamates should be. This is about people buying a videogame, and enjoying it as they see fit !

I totally see what you're saying. And let's be honest, I think most of us have experienced as the first time we played (most of us didn't have the tutorial...so) the most anxiety-inducing ######### ever. It was thrilling to me, atleast. I was really scared of horror too, and even up until the point of the Halloween themed menu and music, I had nightmares man. I LOVED it. I sucked so badly it took me a while to get it, and obviously in the run I got desensitized because I'm a competitive gamer and play competitive games often.

Anyways, I think SWF needs to find ways to be nerfed. Honestly. Restrictions on items, certain combinations, idk, something. Don't ruin our solo experience... it just, sucks if it does end up that way and just something to accept. But man, survivor will be too easy. I have enjoy the slight challenge I have as a solo player, and admit that it's impossible to 1v1 a killer on 2 gens, maybe with some its doable but a Nurse or Billy? Not at all.

To the SWF who abused the hell out of the games, it'd be better if you maybe just didn't play it. You didn't ruin the Killers experience, but kind of a lot of us survivors too.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Brady said:

@Utna said:

@Peasant said:

I totally see what you're saying. And let's be honest, I think most of us have experienced as the first time we played (most of us didn't have the tutorial...so) the most anxiety-inducing ######### ever. It was thrilling to me, atleast. I was really scared of horror too, and even up until the point of the Halloween themed menu and music, I had nightmares man. I LOVED it. I sucked so badly it took me a while to get it, and obviously in the run I got desensitized because I'm a competitive gamer and play competitive games often.

Anyways, I think SWF needs to find ways to be nerfed. Honestly. Restrictions on items, certain combinations, idk, something. Don't ruin our solo experience... it just, sucks if it does end up that way and just something to accept. But man, survivor will be too easy. I have enjoy the slight challenge I have as a solo player, and admit that it's impossible to 1v1 a killer on 2 gens, maybe with some its doable but a Nurse or Billy? Not at all.

To the SWF who abused the hell out of the games, it'd be better if you maybe just didn't play it. You didn't ruin the Killers experience, but kind of a lot of us survivors too.

@Utna... the thing is if the devs continue to balance around the noobs coming to the game the game will become to easy.. they recently gave the key to learning the game faster with the perk WOO (windows of opportunity) for experienced players it's trash tier but it's perfect for noobs that are learning the game... when we started playing there was no tutorial we were thrown into the game and told to git gud... some of that experience should still be in this game... those who cant take the challenge should stop playing that easy... I died (along with many other noob players to the Souls series) 27 times to my first boss there were nerfs to the boss fights... I got stomped in pvp to vet invaders no nerfs came... why cant behavior be like Fromsoftware and tell the noobs to git gud 
  • Utna
    edited August 2018

@Bravo0413 said:
    @Utna... the thing is if the devs continue to balance around the noobs coming to the game the game will become to easy.. they recently gave the key to learning the game faster with the perk WOO (windows of opportunity) for experienced players it's trash tier but it's perfect for noobs that are learning the game... when we started playing there was no tutorial we were thrown into the game and told to git gud... some of that experience should still be in this game... those who cant take the challenge should stop playing that easy... I died (along with many other noob players to the Souls series) 27 times to my first boss there were nerfs to the boss fights... I got stomped in pvp to vet invaders no nerfs came... why cant behavior be like Fromsoftware and tell the noobs to git gud 

Simple answer : because this is not YOUR game : it is everyone's game. Please stop complaining about how easy it is and move on to a game where you might learn something new ... something exciting. But for F* sake do not remove that opportunity to new players, because they spend their money on the game (or its cosmetics) just like you did.

Post edited by Utna on
  • Utna

@Bravo0413 said:
    they recently gave the key to learning the game faster with the perk WOO (windows of opportunity) for experienced players it's trash tier but it's perfect for noobs that are learning the game.

By the way, that means the dev team is concerned about giving every one a good time (not just veterans of course). Creating a perk more valuable to the beginners than to the experienced player is just great design.

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

Also, can I just mention of how Kindred is an extremely beneficial perk, that's worth a perk slot and not base kit. When someone is hooked, not only do I know my whole teams position, but if someone was in a chase, the killers as well. Unless they camp, but even then it'd turn into a SWF fiasco of coordination minus the toxicity (I assume, as solo not many solos have bm) but it'd definitely enhance gameplay for survivors.

It's just, I see their point, but is there seriously no way to nerf SWF instead of buffing the hell out of them?

• Utna

@Brady said:
    It's just, I see their point, but is there seriously no way to nerf SWF instead of buffing the hell out of them?

Agreed : giving kindred to SWF on top of everything they already have, makes no sense.
    There are many ideas to make SWF and Solo survivors even. The fairest and final one would be to separate solo and SWF survivors once and for all ... giving killers in SWF matches the boost they need to keep up. Still we need to know if there are enough survivors to divide the player base. If one of the modes ends up empty ... game's over for a large number of player, and it might collapse DBD as a whole.

I thought about special solo (stronger) perks, avaible in the bloodweb after prestiging. When entering a lobby as a SWF those special perks would be removed from the character's skill slots, so the player might replace them with normal ones. Hopefully that might even things up between SWF and solo survivors, and then killer should have a significant boost to reach a global balance. With this way of doing, at least, every solo player won't have to get a mandatory kindred ... their perk, their choices.