Just let killer see group and ranks in lobby

priere
priere Member Posts: 34

After the Ruin change, game turned a little bit of survivor-sided... but many of you won't agree on this. I'm not trying to say you are wrong. Actually, you're right. Rank 1 survivor still can be all-killed a lot, Rank 1 killer still can massacre survivors.

What really matters is, KILLER CAN'T PREDICT HOW HARSH THE GAME WILL BE.

Killer's performance varies a lot by character and add-on, you know. Wraith with yellow add-ons may juked by one survivor from time to time, while Spirit with pink~purple add-ons slaying rank 1 match up. Sometimes memento-mori comes in, rebalances the game.

And survivor's performance varies on... group and ranks. Difference between group or not can be as big as that between Spirit and Wraith.

We need performance-matched game. Playing Wraith against party of four rank 1 survivors? That is called torturing. Rank 1~10 mixed single-playing survivors against purple add-on Nurse would be disastrous.

LET KILLERS MATCH THE BALANCE.

I mean, who on earth likes one-sided game? Only killer has the key. They would never relobbying until noob comes.

If low rank survivor comes in, killer may say "This game will be too easy. Maybe I just pick my beloved Demogorgon and have some fun."

High rank survivors without group? Hillbilly with moderate add-on, Shape with good add-on, Spirit with normal add-on... whatever it will be, middle-powered killers will mostly be chosen.

High rank group of four? There comes the mori...

This can solve balancing & matching problems at once and for all.

Give killer chance to balance. All-wanted game will come.

Comments

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81

I love your idea. The problem is, and we know this will happen, some high ranked killer will intentionally go against a low group, just “for the memes” and “pwning newbs” because they lack any actual self esteem.

• PayneMacLeod
    PayneMacLeod Member Posts: 81

What I’m saying is, this (as with any other honour system thing) will just be exploited

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

I agree with your Point of View on knowing whether or not to bring your A+ game or just bring a casual build for fun. Unfortunately, I believe this would just cause repeated dodging from Killers who don't even want to attempt the difficult matches and most likely allow Killers to abuse the lower ranks at their will.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,089

Yay, more cherry-picking. Because Killers need to be protected from those evil Survivors.

• Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

as much as i would like to see that BUT

because of BUG survivors were able to see their teammates ranks and that was amazing BUT devs fixed that bug why? because some players dodged lobbies because they didnt wanted to play with R20 teammate as purple rank xdd aside from that even on mobile there is option to see your teammates perks (before game)

but nah devs dont want to give survivors info about their future teammates so do you think they will give killers info about that? even now killers are checking profiles and are dodging if they see 4 friends in same lobby or hours (i was dodged hell a lot before i hid my 2k hours)

tbh they should at least tell killers AFTER game how big of SWF that was, just to clear some killers minds because there is bunch of killers that thinks he plays vs 4men SWF every single game

• Karl_Childers
    Karl_Childers Member Posts: 669

I really wish people would stop acting like killers are all honorable and play with some moral code, and survivors are just scummy. We see it all the time here....

”If the devs made gens take longer, killers wouldn’t camp and tunnel anymore.”

”what did you (the survivor) do to make the killer facecamp you? You must’ve been toxic to them”

Now it’s allow killers to see ranks and groups and they will make an even and fun match out of it. Wrong. Killers would look for easy games and still use the strongest killers and moris. Just as if gens took an additional 20 seconds, killers would still camp, tunnel, and slug.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Let survivors see what rank the killer is and what killer they're playing.

Yeah, sounds stupid, doesn't it?

• Zaitsev
    Zaitsev Member Posts: 1,285

Ranks? Yes. SWF? No. Killers would dodge every SWF they came across.