Do you let survivor(s) escape?

2»

Comments

• real43
    real43 Member Posts: 1

if someone suicide or dced, let escape last survivor.

• Viceus
    Viceus Member Posts: 145

I let them 4 escape and do quest...

4 hit hatchet ... 4 hit while feral frenzy.... shock therapy 4 person ... and then let them escape....

because quest game vs seriously facing SWF... of course I choose quest game...

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Sometimes I do. A t-bagger or clicker will always die in my games though.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Depends. I'm lucky enough to usually run with the skilled but not toxic survivors (apart from items they sometimes bring in). I play for the endgame, and depending on the situation I decide if either a "Escape by the skin on your teeth" climax or a "Just didn't make it" climax.

In short, yeah, I let them go if the climax to the game it causes is better.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

Depends on the mood, sometimes I do feel bad and give one of them a free escape but other times nope, merciless #########

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 460

Depends on mood and what happens in a match. I'm never consistent with it except when its obvious the MM messed up and gave me a full rank 20 squad.

The other time's its generally because the match was really fun, i always go for the last survivor then take them to the gate or hatch.

• FFabeq
    FFabeq Member Posts: 530

Sometimes

• Kaieva87
    Kaieva87 Member Posts: 3

I let the last one go if their teammates left them to die, or if they get 2 or more DCs, then I feel bad for them and just let them farm bloodpoints before letting them go.

• TheBatJesus
    TheBatJesus Member Posts: 36

If they weren't toxic or if im not doing challenges i tend to let the last one go.

• georhan369
    georhan369 Member Posts: 19

I let a survivor go earlier since I brought in a green mori which caused one survivor to DC almost instantly once the match started, The remaining survivors weren't toxic and decent at chases but I decided to use my mori as to not make it go to waste. One of the two remaining survivors refused to struggle and killed themselves on the hook which made me feel bad for the last survivor. I rarely let anyone go but after these events and the fact when I caught them they had almost got the door open I decided to let the last struggle free and escape.

• Raeve
    Raeve Member Posts: 6

Most of the time I try giving hatch, unless they start wiggling while I'm looking for it, in that case, to the hook they go.

Also, I never let them escape if they have been tbagging or spamming their flashlights.

• BloodyBunny
    BloodyBunny Member Posts: 114

Depends on my mood or how i played the match if i was in a playful mood and just downing the survivors and not hooking them i usually let them go unless they died because no one picked them up (happens a lot more often then it should) if i was playing terrible that match i usually open one of the gates and just let them leave

• TheVVitch
    TheVVitch Member Posts: 224

If I feel like a particular survivor has earned the hatch or escape and they HAPPEN to be the last survivor alive, I most likely will let them go.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Sure if they weren't toxic and it won't make me depip.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

If there is a dc, I steamrolled them, and/or several gens left then yeah, even farm slightly letting them drop pallets on me or showing them tottems. It is usually apparent when the last is a newby, so they can get some more points and a gate. Even done this with two bewildered newbys from time to time, and they are nearly all grateful.

Booting the snoot can usually earn liency as well.

• bubba_is_bubba
    bubba_is_bubba Member Posts: 171

It depends.

I'm very meticolous trying to reach, usually, 3k-4k but....

if i have a great time vs survs = i've done a lot of hooks, i have done kills and the other guys did a great game (great loops, great chase, great flashsave) why not ?

If i'm playing vs Potatoes (i'm not a PRO Player, potato is to define just a player with 10-20 hours = very naive hiding and chasing) i understand that almost immediately and i let em go. MM is not the best of the best, one time i was vs rank 15-16 and i felt very very bad for them. I understood that immediately and i let them go like schoolchildren when they leave school 😁

• Mdawgu
    Mdawgu Member Posts: 408

If i completely dominate and have maybe 4-5 gens up il consider it.

• AnnoyedAtTheGame
    AnnoyedAtTheGame Member Posts: 539

If they look sad and pathetic and I'm in a good mood I might let one or two survive.

If they play toxic then I will play just to purely kill ASAP.

• Orionbash
    Orionbash Member Posts: 765

Yes, under certain circumstances. There was a game where I was Bubba on Hawkins and I got stuck in that tube you can drop down. Like I literally could not get out. A survivor noticed and walked up to me allowing me to hit her which allowed me to break free from the wall, which I assume is what I was stuck in. So I continued to slaughter the rest of her team but gave her the hatch in the end.

Another reason I'd let a survivor escape is if the rest of their team were a bunch of potatoes and the survivor I'm letting escape is the only actual good person on the team that worked hard.