Show some love to new killers

Options

All I see is new survior this new survivors that but can we just show some love to new killers? Let's be honest here surviors que time be long asf because killers have clicked the uninstall button on the game or just haven't played it in a while. Dbd is gonna need new killers to keep the game alive or survivor mains gonna switch to killer but that's iffy. All I'm saying is this new update could help new killers out too, yea of course veteran r gonna have some time with this too and if your a good survivor u shouldn't have to relie on infinites (even tho this update probably still has those) anyway this game need new plays and instead of teabaging or killer calling him/her trash or whatever maybe just say "gg" or "if your trying to get better I can teach u or help out in a custom game or sum". I'm just tired of the toxicity on both sides of this game I'm trying to play for fun and I'm pretty sure thats what new players wanna do too but u would always get that toxicity out of most games. But let's be honest here its not gonna happen people will still throw racial slurs and crap.

Comments

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    Options

🙄🙄🙄

• Traslogan
    Traslogan Member Posts: 283
    edited April 2020
    Options

New killers are not needed, actual meaningful rebalance for killers is though.

The killers everyone has grown with are out-dated and weak, Shape, Bubba, etc. Everything killers can do has some kind of painful counter now. very few killers play legit now, most play only when they can afford a mori. The one killer with serious mobility, Nurse, has been nerfed, all low-mobility killers have been crippled by the hex ruin nerf (for better or worse) and nothing has been put in its place to compensate.

New killers are not needed, just some actual attention to killers instead of nerfing everything they touch.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

This game is not friendly to new players - in general. The tutorial does a poor example of explaining things and the game lunges players forcibly into a ranked game where they’re pitted against people immediately.

DBD is genuinely the only game that I’ve played where you’re forcibly made to play ranked in the beginning lol.

there isn’t an environment, where the killer/survivors can learn without the stressing of not doing good enough in the game. I personally only got confident enough after watching a streamer for two months and talking with them constantly about the game - where I got to a point that I felt comfortable to revisit the game again.

the DBD community is always going to be very toxic - especially to players that show signs of weakness because everyone seems to have some sort of superiority.

i ran into a t-bagging wraith that slugged me and my friend and was proud of himself for the game - despite running nurses alongside sloppy butcher (a cancer combination), NOED and pop whilst we were on the game (the map). It was a terrible experience and this cocky wraith who genuinely thought he ‘outskilled’ a red rank survivor team was trying to show it off despite running perks that are cheap as a combination.

moral of story is - people don’t care and unfortunately will be toxic. One of the first things they should’ve done is to introduce a casual game mode

• Thatsmartguy
    Thatsmartguy Member Posts: 188
    Options

U know I'm talking about new players right? U talking about the killers in the game. Plus we do need new killer players.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

First off t-bagging wraith? Second off yea they do force u into ranked games and they don't teach u anything for real. This game will forever and always be toxic asf for no reason when it doesn't need to be l.

• Traslogan
    Options

No one wants to play killer, the game is anti-killer. DS Stacking, SWF breaking the game entirely, the fact that rank 20s can literally match with ran 1s due to lack of killers and if rank 1s search long enough their matchmaking allows it frequently.

Eventually devs will be forced to acknowledge due to there being no killers, or will replace killers with bots so the game can be focused even more on its pro-survivor design.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

If they add bots they game has fully died and the game will have just been dropped. Which is y I said we need new killers and hopefully vet killers come back with this new update but know devs they gonna nerf sum the killer had going for them then more killers leave.

• Traslogan
    Options

This new update is nothing but false appeasement. In exchange for a tiny debuff to gen-repair-stacking, survivors get double bloodpoints from all great checks from now on and moris take longer to use. It's going to bring back a tiny sliver of killers for a week but more will leave anyway.

• SmarulKusia
    SmarulKusia Member Posts: 819
    Options

Yeah, I didn’t know this was a thing until that game, essentially standing over my slugging body, ringing his bell constantly, spinning and shaking his head.

I think it’s the dumbest idea ever to not have some sort of casual mode but yeah

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

It'd be nice to have a cas mode to where I don't have to sweat everygame

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

What are you asking for exactly? Being able to kill survivors while sitting back and drinking a relaxing cup of tea? This is a strange request if you don't specify what "sweating" is because in my view it means trying really hard. If you have to "sweat" every game you're probably in the wrong rank.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Well actually, more new survivors would be the most helpful thing for new killers. New survivors are just as clueless as them so they can learn the game in a relatively stress-free environment. Pushing away new survivors is definitely something that would frustrate new killers, their queue times will be longer and they'll be out skilled in their matches.

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

Bot everygame is gonna be a cake walk what I meant by sweating is that I don't really have to worry about losing a pip or rank so i can sit back and actually enjoy the game or actually get to play low tier killers for fun and random stupid builds. Instead of going rank where everybody crystals cuz they lost (even tho that still might happen)

• Thatsmartguy
    Options

My earlier comment I meant to say isnt. Plus I'm red rank I have most easy games then there be that swf that just be annoying as hell.