Best perk Combo for The Pig?

Desh
Desh Member Posts: 1,118

Currently trying to main The Pig and I can't seem to find a good setup for her. I know I could run Ruin/Surveillance but I feel like that doesn't really bring her out to her true potential when compared to Freddy. And even if it does, I don't know what would go with it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Androuruguayo99
    Androuruguayo99 Member Posts: 55

I love pig and usually i play with

Corrupt intervention (avoid genrush)

Save the best for last (you are a m1 so i think is a good option, also you can ambush to save stacks)

Infectious Fright or Bbq (just to have information on the position of the survivors, i prefer infetious fright because is better for slug)

Pop Goes the Weasel (prevent survs from leaving generators at 99% to avoid rbts)

I do not speak English, there may be some error

• Desh

I understand completely, great sentence structure. Though I'll try out your combo, I'm trying to find something good outside of the typical "Meta" norm that most Killers use.

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited April 2020

Right now I just run sloppy, surveillance whispers, and nurses. She's pretty good at snagging the first hit, not as great in a chase so I tend to hit and run a lot. Whispers saves a LOT of time searching and avoids crouching unnecessarily. I do think having monitor in there somewhere so terror is smaller than whispers would be optimal for a steath pig build but I don't have it. Would probably replace nurses with it.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

Generally you want:

-A perk that helps in chases

-A perk that helps slowdown generators

-A perk that helps find survivors

-A perk that covers a weakness.

If you want a perk combo, I do like STBFL + BBQ + Pop + Whatever Perk I feel like. Depends on my mood, and the survivors.

Other perk combos, if you want something a bit different:

Monitor and Abuse + Whispers (Good for sneaking up on survivors)

Brutal Strength + Enduring (Lets you swing through more pallets)

Thanataphobia + A Nurse's Calling (Thana seems to make people want to heal more)

Infectious Fright is good on Pig. You can safely leave people who have traps on their head. With the add-on that lets you put traps on faster, infectious can really give you a good chance to snowball. I mean its good on a lot of killers, but Pig has that advantage.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,076

Monitor&Abuse combined with Whispers is basically a must on Pig. Also Enduring is pretty nice to tank Pallets. Perk Slot Number 4 can be whatever you like, Spirit Fury, Brutal Strength, BBQ, STBFL.

Slowdown Perks are not really needed on Pig, she has build-in Slowdown and if you find the Survivors quickly (Hint - this is what M&A and Whispers are for), you can apply quite good pressure.

If you have some time:

Pig Main and a really good Killer Player.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    edited April 2020

As others have said whispers + M&A. Whispers would be fine on its own if her terror radius wasn't increased, not that I'm salty about that or anything

Save the best for last is another good one

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i would say

Monitor&abuse, Whispers, POP, BBQ

or

Corrupt, Pop, BBQ then whatever you like for the last one, pick it depending on your offerings, add-ons or playstyle or even what the survivors bring in

• Desh

Your comments have been most appreciative. M&A and Whispers I'll give a shot. I'll mix and match the other various 2 based off your suggestions.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Rember when pig didn't have to run 2 perks for 1 gimmick? Those were the days.

Although I do like the super quick running feel you get with a wider FOV. Stack it with shadowborn and you won't even remember you move slower than survivors in a crouch.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I run the following, always have and have quite a reasonable success rate, getting up to purple ranks before the dreaded massive reset, then survivor archive grinds.

BBq & Chilli - good for tracking/BP gain to refund add-ons, but I'm actually considering swapping off it.

Hex: Ruin - to slow the game down just a little bit since if you can apply pressure correctly, it's still devastating to a team.

Surveillance - always have, always will. Excellent perk to keep track of survivors outside of a chase and doesn't require hooks to do so. Used it before the Ruin rework too. Very underrated perk.

A Nurse's Calling - you are a STEALTH KILLER. Nurse's is one of the greatest perks to ambush people with as a stealth killer and get easy downs. Occasionally I'll slug with this one, especially if they've recently been unhooked as a form of applying pressure in a more insidious manner.

As for add-ons, there is the usual combo of Crate of Gears/Tampered Timer to basically become Amanda and throw away the key. I personally prefer the Dash add-on, using two of the following in combination of John's Medical File/Video Tape/Combat Straps, as getting that first hit with Dash is satisfying and effective.

There is also one thing that I have wanted to try, but I'm not sure how well it would go and that is taking Amanda's Letter (crouch wallhacks) and Video Tape on The Game map. Crouch wall-hacks with a fast charging ambush.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Shadowborn and monitor don't work together, just an FYI.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

I run whispers, bbq and enfury. In terms of playstyle, I use whispers for stealthy first hits and enfury to maul through pallets. The first couple of gens usually pop pretty quick, but by the time the third pops complete I generally already have at least 2 or 3 people trapped, so the game slows down massively afterwards. Unless you have enough pressure don't bother chasing trapped survivors. If they happen to run into you just slug them and move on to a better target.