Stealthy or Loopy?

Xavier22
Xavier22 Member Posts: 160

As a survivor, I was wondering how many survivors like to sneak around the map and use stealth builds like iron will or urban evasion, and how many survivors don't mind running the killer around and actually looping with perks such as dead hard or sprint burst or resilience. I personally find that sneaking around the map sucks (maybe because I am so bad at it and always get caught 😂) but I also think that I am very good at looping unlike a lot of survivors that I play with so I wanted to see what some survivors run and do. LET ME KNOW!

Comments

• Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

i just run, i dont really care about the perks i use as they tend to just be random but im able to lead on really good chases regardless so i dont mind leaving tracks or being chased...

• Xavier22
    Xavier22 Member Posts: 160

I wish I played with more people like you! 😂 Thanks for the response. <3

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826
    edited April 2020

I prefer stealth both to drop chases and avoid them. I'm not exactly the best at chases depending on my experience with particular maps but stealth in general works even if you don't know the map well. Still perks like lightweight can mindgame the ######### out of a killer and turn a single loop mindgame into much more of a vanishing act with no trail to follow. I lose killers pretty frequently since I started running it even without stealthing my way out. The fading trail makes it look like I made a lot more distance than I did and I know as killer if you see faded marks disappearing in front of you a lot of the time it's not worth it to follow because usually that's a lot of distance and if seen in a chase it usually means you got played hard.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I'd rather be chased to be honest, Stealth is fine but I consider players who only plays stealth to be a detriment to the team.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334

I'm 100% a stealth player. I can never run the killer for very long unless they're really bad. And 90% of the time I'm in red rank so it works rather well for me.

My go to build is Urban, Kindred, DS, and Iron Will (with Jane) or Lithe (with any other character).

So many people crap on Urban but it has saved my life countless times and has probably been the reason I've been able to avoid/break off so many chases.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984
    edited April 2020

Loopy. I find being chased fun and crouching around the map boring. I also get really bored when I play against stealthy survivors.

edit: I just read the part where you asked what perks people use. My favourites to use are:

• bond, so i don't interrupt my teammates working on gens whilst being chased
    • iron will to go for mind games around line-of-sight blockers
    • object, so i can get the killer to chase me
    • dead hard, so i can get some distance if i mess up
    • reselience+spine chill, if I've had some rough games and need the advantage
    • fixated, to gain distance around line of sight blockers
    • for the people, so i can get injured if I want to give the killer additional incentive to go for me instead of my teammates
  • Stitch7833
    Stitch7833 Member Posts: 632

well i guess thats what happens when you play the game and get use to all the killers, none really scare you in the end but i feel that some games i end up doing the longer chases and still 3+gens like what even 😂 but yeah chases are fun and its the only part that can show skill sadly and i know some people struggle with it so as long as they do gens chase me all day 😂

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

I guess both? I don't play super immersed, but at the same time I don't go out of my way to get spotted by the killer needlessly.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I tend to be a little of both. I use Iron Will combined with Resilience to try get slight boosts to healing or vaulting during chases, but I also try use Iron Will to stay hidden a little more since I tend to panic vault and mind-game myself against a killer.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177
    edited April 2020

Most of my perks are for running away because I suck at running away and need all the help I can get...

I play as a Stealthy Ninja Boi and prefer to not get into chases as I don't think I'm very good at them. I've gotten better at them but the killer can't catch what they don't see!

• starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

I don't play survivor but when i do i like to stealth because I can trust myself to do gens and play doctor to the rest of the team.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Full stealth. I use green clothing on Jake and frequently use it against bushes and rocks to disguise myself and it works everytime. I guess killers vision is based on movement 😋

My biggest weakness is being unable to juke or loop well.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789
    edited April 2020

I like to try and improve so I'll never avoid the chase if it's not a hindrance to the team (like myself being death hook) and if my other teammates are death hook I'll intentionally take aggro to give the team more of a chance.

Stealth in a game like this is boring; it becomes M1 simulator with no actual interactions. At that point, I may as well just play a spooky single player game.

Unless by stealth, you mean juke after a long chase. That's the best.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

Stealth all the way. Not the immersed kind though, I'm not the best runner but I have no problem facing the killer.

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

i like to be chased, not to be a sneaky rat. but it looks like bhvr wants to kill the loops. creating giant deadzones on maps and putting a bunch of useless rocks and trees all around, it looks like they want killers to stay all day long looking for urban evading p3 claudettes. they don't want you to feel rewarded for outplaying the other side in a loop. they want you to either hide in the bush or have a 3h long game looking for survivors that aren't doing the objective because they are too afraid of being caught (because nowhere to run)...

• Joelwino
    Joelwino Member Posts: 550

Stealth is fine, but chasing is the part of the game where skill really matters, so I like getting chased and running things like OoO and bright outfits just to get killers to chase me. Also OoO is an excellent counter to Freddy, who I really hate going against.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

That reminds me of " I guess I prefer my space stringy not loopy" from TBBT. :)

I suck at looping, so I prefer to be a bit stealthier, but I don't always run with Urban Evasion, and even when I do, I still tend to run from place to place. I only use it when I would other wise be walking or crouching anyway. I don't mind getting chased and can often get way, but if it comes down to looping, I'm not going to do well. Though, lately, i have been doing a bit better at that.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Stealth is boring. Although running spine chill and getting off a gen and hiding can waste a lot of killer's time

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I like being chased, and against some killers i do ok and waste a lot of there time, but generally I don't loop well at all i.e wrong routes.