High Rank Solutions!

Options
Hello my fellow fog travelers, i figured we have a thread where we can make suggestions towards the high rank game as one. Which for each side seems to have its fair share of problems, whether its SWF or Killers forced to play the meta. This thread is for all of us as a community, so lets feed of eachothers ideas, and hopefully the devs can be moved or inspired by some ideas.

Lets make this a united concept and idea thread. 
Lets NOT bash eachother for being a killer main etc.
Lets exchange ideas so that both sides can unite and make high rank games worthwhile!
 :)  :)  :)

As high rank swf can be a killers nightmare, i think their some ways to make it worthwhile .

1. Upping the generator requirement.
Instead of 5 gens, require survivors to do more gens the higher ranked you are. While some maps are smaller i think a rework can help balance it out. Instead of 5, maybe 7 or something?

2. Additional objectives for survivors.
Currently its just generators , but why not add an ingame item like totems. But we have to cleanse them or whatever to please the entity, so it allows us to exit the realm.That way if its a small map, gens wont be the only issue. Please the entity by ridding the realm of these fouls things.
(Auric cells got added and received its own weird lore, why not add another item perhaps related to the auric cells? Auric totems  8-) ?)

3. If its SWF, give the killer a reasonable boost or a helping mechanic.
Depending on how many are SWF, boost the killer in some way that accounts for voice chat and the additional teamwork. Another solution could be giving the killer an added mechanic. If Kindred will be built in to help soloist, why not give killers some connection over the crows to help against SWF? Maybe crow helpers per SWF?

4. Bloodpoint/Iridescent Shard boost.
So you've gotten to high rank huh? How about a boost in bloodpoints and shard gain? Soloist playing high rank vs killer? BP/IS boost. Playing high rank killer vs SWF? BP/IS boost. That way even if you lose all those bonus points make it worth playing high ranked, solo, or against SWF.

5. Perk limitation.
Perhaps a limitation in perks is in need. Maybe 1 or 2 perks max Lv 3 of course. That way it wont be DS, SC, SB +flashlightx4=killer being bullied. Killers will also play less meta-ish due to the downsizing of meta perks. Choose your 2 best or fav perks, and put your skills to the test. Although this idea will probably work well in a proper ranked mode lol but you get it.

Well thats all i had for now guys. Please feel free to touch upon my ideas and kick your own of course. Id love to see what solutions we can come up with and hopefully make high rank actually fun!

Sincerely, C4Garuda.
That helpful Ace main. :)

Comments

• Gonzalo
    Gonzalo Member Posts: 48
    Options

I really want them to nerf looping to it's core.
    Haddonfield has many fences and house windows that you can jump over and loop for a long time.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Options

Nº 1 doesnt make much sense. Higher ranks should be more difficult for both survivors and killers. Adding more gens would make the match easier for the killer.

• shasta
    shasta Member Posts: 75
    Options
    C4Garuda said:
    Hello my fellow fog travelers, i figured we have a thread where we can make suggestions towards the high rank game as one. Which for each side seems to have its fair share of problems, whether its SWF or Killers forced to play the meta. This thread is for all of us as a community, so lets feed of eachothers ideas, and hopefully the devs can be moved or inspired by some ideas.

Lets exchange ideas so that both sides can unite and make high rank games worthwhile!

As high rank swf can be a killers nightmare, i think their some ways to make it worthwhile .

Instead of 5 gens, require survivors to do more gens the higher ranked you are. While some maps are smaller i think a rework can help balance it out. Instead of 5, maybe 7 or something?

Currently its just generators , but why not add an ingame item like totems. But we have to cleanse them or whatever to please the entity, so it allows us to exit the realm.That way if its a small map, gens wont be the only issue. Please the entity by ridding the realm of these fouls things.
    (Auric cells got added and received its own weird lore, why not add another item perhaps related to the auric cells? Auric totems  8-) ?)

Depending on how many are SWF, boost the killer in some way that accounts for voice chat and the additional teamwork. Another solution could be giving the killer an added mechanic. If Kindred will be built in to help soloist, why not give killers some connection over the crows to help against SWF? Maybe crow helpers per SWF?

So you've gotten to high rank huh? How about a boost in bloodpoints and shard gain? Soloist playing high rank vs killer? BP/IS boost. Playing high rank killer vs SWF? BP/IS boost. That way even if you lose all those bonus points make it worth playing high ranked, solo, or against SWF.

5. Perk limitation.
    Perhaps a limitation in perks is in need. Maybe 1 or 2 perks max Lv 3 of course. That way it wont be DS, SC, SB +flashlightx4=killer being bullied. Killers will also play less meta-ish due to the downsizing of meta perks. Choose your 2 best or fav perks, and put your skills to the test. Although this idea will probably work well in a proper ranked mode lol but you get it.

Well thats all i had for now guys. Please feel free to touch upon my ideas and kick your own of course. Id love to see what solutions we can come up with and hopefully make high rank actually fun!

Sincerely, C4Garuda.
    Personally I don’t like the adding gens or more time to them but I would rather see extra objectives that coincide with the gens but have you doing something different, nobody wants to sit in one spot forever or be stuck in front of extra gens and also hindering how many perks you can have I’m against because it Sucks the fun out of a build you made whether you are a killer or survivor , you shouldn’t have to sacrifice perks because you made it to a high rank, what would be the point in spending bloodpoints if you took perks away? Itd be like starting over almost. I’m afraid some of what you’re saying would end up screwing people like me who end up as the “random” at high ranks and get paired with swf out of their control , the real solution is to make swf into casual mode where you can play solo or swf and you have the ability to use any perk just like kyf while earning bloodpoints, but no ultra rare add ons or offering to keep insta heals, BNP, insta downs , and ebony mori out of casual unranked mode and then solo could be ranked where at this point nobody could blame swf as the reason they dodge  
  • C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Options
    shasta said:
    C4Garuda said:

5. Perk limitation.

Sincerely, C4Garuda.
    Personally I don’t like the adding gens or more time to them but I would rather see extra objectives that coincide with the gens but have you doing something different, nobody wants to sit in one spot forever or be stuck in front of extra gens and also hindering how many perks you can have I’m against because it Sucks the fun out of a build you made whether you are a killer or survivor , you shouldn’t have to sacrifice perks because you made it to a high rank, what would be the point in spending bloodpoints if you took perks away? Itd be like starting over almost. I’m afraid some of what you’re saying would end up screwing people like me who end up as the “random” at high ranks and get paired with swf out of their control , the real solution is to make swf into casual mode where you can play solo or swf and you have the ability to use any perk just like kyf while earning bloodpoints, but no ultra rare add ons or offering to keep insta heals, BNP, insta downs , and ebony mori out of casual unranked mode and then solo could be ranked where at this point nobody could blame swf as the reason they dodge  
    Yeah i understand the gen part and other objectives. I think other objectives would really work. More gens is to give the killer a chance against a group of high ranks. Whether SWF or not a group of high rank survivors could be a headache if they know what they're doing. More gens would help killers not use meta all the time, since more gens=survivors busier than usual so it opens more opportunities. I see how it could be an issue though. I feel the perk limitation could work in like a hardcore mode or a true ranked mode. I just hope it gets reworked, currently besides an achievement high rank is meh. Maybe special cosmetics or titles for being in high ranked etc.