Can someone help me get the Stranger Things DLC on Switch?

Options
Vola124
Vola124 Member Posts: 9

For context, Nintendo doesn't let you purchase rated M content on the Eshop if your account's associated birth date is not at least 18 years old. I'm 16, and got around this annoyance by buying the download code for Dead by Daylight on amazon (With parent's permission, of course), which has no such restrictions. At this point, I assumed that since I owned the game, that Nintendo would let me purchase the DLC for it. This isn't the case, as the Eshop still bars me from even viewing any of the DLC.

At this point, I thought maybe there was a download code for the DLC online, sorta like how I bought the game on amazon. The nintendo website sells DLC download codes, but apparently, the stranger things DLC is only available for purchase on the website outside of the US? This confused me greatly because... why would they do that? 

Anyways, I've pretty much ran out of ideas on how to get the DLC characters. I can't purchase Auric cells since they count as DLC, I cant buy the characters with Iri shards cuz they're licensed, and since they're licensed, the perks are probably never going to show up in the shrine of secrets (At least, not in a timely manner).

If anyone knows a way to get the DLC besides waiting 2 years so that I become 18, help would be greatly appreciated. Even if you can't help, thanks for reading this post.