The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DEVOTION

Revzi100
Revzi100 Member Posts: 529

Whats the top devotion level? Im currently on 3 and just wondered how high it goes.

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Infinite. I am Devotion 17. And just today I saw a Streamer (not watching him, but he was on the front Page for me because he played DBD), he was at Devotion 22.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2020

It's completely there just for show, to see how much time you've sunk into the game (After the feature came out anyway, since of course it doesn't track the potentially hundreds of hours you clocked in before the system came out [I'd be at a much higher devotion level otherwise]).

It's frustrating how pointless the feature is though, you'd think players would be rewarded the more time they decide to sink into the game. I really wish you were rewarded everytime you gained a devotion level because it's not like it's easy, it's a serious grind to gain just a single devotion level. Hence why it's literally called "devotion" it quite literally represents how devoted you are to playing the game.

I wish you were rewarded with iridescent shards or something, maybe a choice of a full outfit from the store. Hell, even an achievement, something that actually makes it worthwhile, but as it stands the level is completely meaningless.

I think the devs said they wanted to do something but it's one of those "backburner" type things, things that are more or less insignificant compared to more pressing work such as Dedicated Servers, New Content, Events, Balance, Bugs, etc. There are some really cool nonessential features such as reworking or updating animations (Ever notice that when you vault as a survivor, an item you are carrying will disappear for a brief moment? I WISH they would change this by making item-unique animations where you actually hold on to them while vaulting, or maybe you open up a toolbox and pull out a screwdriver or something when actually toolbox repairing a generator, or pulling bandages or a syringe out of a medkit), Quentin Face Rework, Steve Harrington Voice Over starring his actual actor Joe Keery, different mori animations, the aforementioned devotion rewards etc. are all cool ideas that would increase the quality of the game.

Unfortunately, they are backburner ideas, stuff they'd like to do but don't have an essential role in the performance of the game. With this kind of mentality they will never be done because there will always be something more important to work on. Which is extremely unfortunate.

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816

How long have you been playing?? I've been playing for 7 months and i just got devotion 2