When has losing ever been fun?

Options

I'm back after a layoff and it's still the same whining. "This isn't fun"

Can someone please explain to me when losing at anything in life ever is fun?

It just seems that's what this game is being balanced around. And it seems strange.

Take football for instance. It's not fun when the other team runs the ball all day on you, and you can't stop it. And they win.

That doesn't mean we should nerf running gameplans or running backs.

It just means we should try not to let that happen to us.

If losing is made to be fun, what in the explicit is the point of playing the game.

What is the point of opposition if everyone wins.

Why would I try to win if I'm having fun losing.

Mori isn't fun=don't get caught.

Keys aren't fun=mori everyone.

Specific killer isn't fun to play against=win fast and leave fast. (If you can't do that, your real issue is the fact that you can't beat that killer easily) and in that case, DC or get over it and find a gameplan for that killer.

Comments

• cclv_dbd
    cclv_dbd Member Posts: 1
    Options

Losing is never fun because a win to me is having fun in a match. I really could care less if I die in a match or don't get any kills.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    Options

You're absolutely right. Everyone wants to always 4K. Everyone wants to always escape. Not getting what you want every time doesn't equal "unbalanced"

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

I think because of the nature of the asymmetrical game that DBD is, it's more like a taking and giving system for "Fun".

If the Killer is doing well, the Survivors are most likely not going to enjoy the match as much if they are doing well.

If one side snowballs, it's more fun for that side.

It's why I've been playing more killer recently, because I'd rather set my own fun rather than have my teammates ruin it for me

• zone_dymo
    zone_dymo Member Posts: 93
    Options

There is no losing or winning in this game, they are not defined by the game, its what the player deems important.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,253
    Options

Honestly the more they complain at the end of the game as killer even if I lost makes me feel like a winner every time

• PerskuleBenener
    PerskuleBenener Member Posts: 43
    Options

I've had fun while losing.

All of my teammates were dead and I was downed, the bubba we were playing against was doing house renovation while is was lying on the mattress bleeding out in the house on badham. I laughed my ass off that game

There was a game where I was playing deathslinger on dead dawg saloon. There was a survivor repairing the gen on the upper floor. I proceeded to waste 2 gens trying to get him off of there with the redeemer, I hit him a couple of times but I was never able to get him down from there. After a while another person came up there with him and they managed to finish the generator and ran away. Needless to say, I lost that game, but I had fun.