If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Killer buff

Options
ZeBee
ZeBee Member Posts: 47

So Tru3Ta1ent has a GREAT idea, and it NEEDS to be looked at. (This might not be his exact words, but I think its damn close) And his idea helps avoid tunneling and camping, and here it is: If you hook a survivor once then they should get a debuff on repairs (you could also do healing if youd like). and it would reward the killer for getting hooks. So if everyone gets hooked once the gens go slower, you could do more of a debuff with 2 hooks, but at least do one. BASICALLY, a killer does really good early game and hooks everyone once maybe one person twice, and it really slows down the progress for the rest of the game. Right now you dont get rewards for hooks. you get rewarded by tunneling and camping, because if you do one of the two they most likely die and less survivors = less repairs. and even if you do really well early game it wont matter, because late game one survivor can loop you for who knows how long as long as they dont mess up the rest of the survivors can work on gens just like normal.

Comments

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Wait but if I tunnel someone once I kill them there’d be one less survivor and the rest will have debuffs so wouldn’t that be better? Unless they made the debuff number small enough to make you have to have a certain amount of hooks for the it to be substantial
  • AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    edited May 2018
    Options

Dying light pretty much but without the need to tunnel the targetted survivor to death.
    Or like a Thanatohpobia upon hooking.

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    edited May 2018
    Options

Was about to read but saw its from tru3baby so I think I won't.
    Cya.

• Peppa_Pigsaw
    Peppa_Pigsaw Member Posts: 184
    Options

No thanks. On late game killers and stall killers this change would be too powerful. But I'm all for giving Pig more power :U

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

As much as I think the game needs balancing, this would be silly. No one wants to have to hold M1 longer than they already do. Stifling gen progress even more isn't the solution.

Tunneling isn't even a problem. Just get better and break the chase. Like honestly.

• ZeBee
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    As much as I think the game needs balancing, this would be silly. No one wants to have to hold M1 longer than they already do. Stifling gen progress even more isn't the solution.

Tunneling isn't even a problem. Just get better and break the chase. Like honestly.

i dont know if you know, but playing killer and breaking the chase isnt that easy if the survivor knows how to do loops

• ZeBee
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:
    Dying light pretty much but without the need to tunnel the targetted survivor to death.
    Or like a Thanatohpobia upon hooking.

Thanatophobia and Dying light are both ######### perks if they got buffed i'd consider using it in my build

• ZeBee
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Wait but if I tunnel someone once I kill them there’d be one less survivor and the rest will have debuffs so wouldn’t that be better? Unless they made the debuff number small enough to make you have to have a certain amount of hooks for the it to be substantial

I guess you could say that, but I don't find it fun to tunnel a survivor kill them and do it all over again. With Killer you cant make a mistake or all 4 survivors escape, because survivors are broken as #########, at least at higher ranks, with flashlights and meta perks. Killers are weak as ######### and that's not how it should be.You shouldn't HAVE to tunnel.

• ZeBee
    Options

@Grey87 said:
    Was about to read but saw its from tru3baby so I think I won't.
    Cya.

I really don't know what you mean by this, but your probably a survivor main so you wouldn't understand so

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    ZeBee said:

@ThePloopz said:

I guess you could say that, but I don't find it fun to tunnel a survivor kill them and do it all over again. With Killer you cant make a mistake or all 4 survivors escape, because survivors are broken as [BAD WORD], at least at higher ranks, with flashlights and meta perks. Killers are weak as [BAD WORD] and that's not how it should be.You shouldn't HAVE to tunnel.

Well If you choose to play killer, then you choose the weak role in the asymmetrical game dbd, it's sad but that's how it is 
    I had once a game where 2 survivors died in loadings reen,  but the remaining two still managed it, one looping me around Basham and the other one doing all Gens
    In the end I didn't get a single kill because of DS in a 1vs2
    Since that day my game crashes on bad ham,  unless I am at really low rank where the game is balanced 
  • ZeBee
    Options

@Master said:
    ZeBee said:

@ThePloopz said:

I guess you could say that, but I don't find it fun to tunnel a survivor kill them and do it all over again. With Killer you cant make a mistake or all 4 survivors escape, because survivors are broken as [BAD WORD], at least at higher ranks, with flashlights and meta perks. Killers are weak as [BAD WORD] and that's not how it should be.You shouldn't HAVE to tunnel.

Well If you choose to play killer, then you choose the weak role in the asymmetrical game dbd, it's sad but that's how it is 
    I had once a game where 2 survivors died in loadings reen,  but the remaining two still managed it, one looping me around Basham and the other one doing all Gens
    Since that day my game crashes on bad ham,  unless I am at really low rank where the game is balanced 

Low ranks are balanced, but then you get to high ranks and its just like, why play killer just to get to get to the toxicity that is rank 1

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    ZeBee said:

@Master said:
    ZeBee said:

@ThePloopz said:

Low ranks are balanced, but then you get to high ranks and its just like, why play killer just to get to get to the toxicity that is rank 1

Currently after every dbd session I will log in a few afk games such that I lose the rank I gained. It's pathetic that you have to take action like this.... 
  • ZeBee
    Options

@Master said:
    ZeBee said:

@Master said:

ZeBee said:

@ThePloopz said:

Currently after every dbd session I will log in a few afk games such that I lose the rank I gained. It's pathetic that you have to take action like this.... 

Yeah the devs are only worried about rank 20s imo.