Tunneling

Macymj6
Macymj6 Member Posts: 93

Okay, so I saw a discussion titled: what do you consider camping.

Now I wanna know what you guys consider tunneling? Cause I play with people in the PS4 community every now and then and I hear them complain about being tunneled when that's not even the case. They are just bad.

Comments

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

If the killer completely ignore others to kill me even if ive been hooked once or doing long chases

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

I always thought tunnelling involved focusing on one person above all else. Not a fun thing to do. Basically exactly ehat @premiumRICE said

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

well, unlike camping tunneling has a rather solid definition in the community.

though, there are still some differing opinions on it, which is why some might consider a scenario a tunnel scenario, when others would not.

here is my definition of the term:

when the killer focusses down a single player over any other player, he is "tunneling" them. this includes dropping chases with others or straight up ignoring them when he gets an opportunity to chase his object of obsession (pun not intended), even though others are just as, if not even more vulnerable than them.

there is also the "unwanted tunnel", where a killer doesnt want to tunnel down a survivor, yet they do due to them being the only one they found.

• DWolfAlpha
    DWolfAlpha Member Posts: 927

The killer chases down the person just off the hook, or waits till the unhook is finished so they can hit them immediately. Often running around anyone else nearby to do so

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    edited May 2020

Tunneling - Hooking a survivor consecutively despite being given the opportunity to do otherwise

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

When you start chasing me and cut chase with anyone else as soon as I get unhooked.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

If the killer focuses on one person exclusively, even if there are better targets.

It's a bit shaky, though, since there are a lot of things that can make one target a priority over another. If the survivor holds a key, for instance, and two gens are popped with four survivors still alive. Or if the other nearby survivors are at powerful loops, or just flat out better players. This is much more common, with the broken match making.

With that said, in general, if a killer goes for the unhooked survivor again and again.

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83

Look I dont play survivor to often but even at rank 1 your not safe because noobs obviously dont know sht about how its wrong to do it but even pros do it after knowing its wrong I just did a game and it was against freddy which for starters sht because freddy's reach is fckin broken but then he ignores a health Jake and goes straight for me like ######### I've literally invented this imaginary rule that if I'm being tunneled or camped it's just an automatic win for me

• Ashwitherton

Also in my opinion tunneling is when a killer is to pathetic and lazy to try go for someone else because they dont want to feel weak when all four survivors escape so they have to go for the injured one in order to feel good that they atleast got a kill dispite the fact that it shows how petty minded they are and also shows that they cant face loss

• Ashwitherton

Though if theres a toxic clicker in the match then I suppose it's okay because technically they are trying to get you to focus your full attention on them

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Tunneling is short for tunnel vision. If you chase only one person through 3 hooks, thats tunneling. A lot of people consider targeting to be tunneling and its not

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

"Tunneling" is when you're bad at chases and die and need an excuse to preserve your ego.

• Freesham
    Freesham Member Posts: 262

Is it considered tunneling if the exit gates are already open, a survivor just got unhooked, and you're trying to down the injured survivor, trying to get past healthy survivors body blocking you so the injured survivor can escape?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,774

In general tunneling is blind focus on one surv imo. A variation that I often i see what i call "sway tunneling" where the killer will:

1. Dance around the unhooking surv to get a swing on the unhooked one.

2. Attempt to sway around bodyblockers to try and down their tunnel, not even swinging their weapon at a blocker. And not always during EGC.

• Ghostwithaface
    Ghostwithaface Member Posts: 594

I think this video sums up what i think when i hear the word tunneling. The plague in this game, focus to much on a single survivor. It lead to them losing the game. Due to overfocusing to much on a single survivor. The killer had tunnel vision. For focusing on this single survivor for so long, did not really benefit them at all and lead to them losing the game. Where if they had drop the chase and gone to focus on someone else rather than spending two much time on them, they might of done way better.

• IMhereRUN
    IMhereRUN Member Posts: 606

If you’re on the map, you’re camping. If you hit a survivor that’s been hooked before...you’re tunneling. I once had a game where some joker kept running into me while I’m chasing another (healthy btw everytime), said I was specifically tunneling him, because Im not so stupid to turn down a free hit. This survivor was Rank 2, and I saved the video from this clown.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

If the killer immediately stops what they are doing, and goes for the person who got unhooked. It's not tunneling if they are saved mid-chase by their idiot solo survivor teammate.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Tunneling is when the killer develops tunnel-vision for a specific survivor, and pursues them at the expense of all other objectives.

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 887

Tunneling is if you intentionally target a specific target above all others. It is generally considered tunneling if you deliberately go after the unhooked survivor rather than they one that unhooked them.

However, many survivors don't understand that this can happen without deliberate intent by the killer. It could be bad luck that the killer found you first after you were unhooked. It happens. If a survivor performs an unsafe rescue and you get downed, that is on the rescuer, not the killer. If you heal under the hook, or out in the open and the killer finds you, that is on you. I'm not sure why so many survivors like to heal under the hook. It's ok if you know the killer is on the other side of the map, but otherwise it is a terrible idea. The killer gets notified when you are rescued. if he has nothing else going on he is likely to head right there. MOVE!

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Thats a bad way to put it. The killer realized someone else is a weaker link and went after them because they realized they would lose the game if they chased you instead and its criminal to do so?

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

it’s pretty obvious when hes ignoring everything except you, instead of letting others play

• DisappointedUser
    DisappointedUser Member Posts: 420
  • bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,482

Letting others play is just a fancy way lf saying the killer prefers to win rather than throw the match 90% of the time by chasing everyone equally and getting 8 hooks before anyone is killed

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

According to a match I played last week, hitting each survivors 10 times that barely get any hook (2-3 hooks a whole game) is tunneling. (I lose the game hard)

I considered it as a compliment because I played like there are 4 Killers in the game.