Why Jack Torrance Will Most Likely Be Chapter 16 Killer

Nubgutter
Nubgutter Member Posts: 86
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

I believe Jack Torrance could very well be the chapter 16 killer because of 3 reasons 1.The 40th anniversary for the shining is May 23rd and the PTB is supposed to be coming out on the 26th 2.The death slinger is based off of Stephen King's the dark tower series so maybe they added him to hint at another Stephen King property coming 3.Breakable walls were added which is literally perfect for Jack, This is all a guess but it being the 40th anniversary for the shining and the PTB being right next to each other I don't think is a coincidence, Lmk which licensed killer you think it will be for chapter 16.

Comments

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Ok. I'm going to as the same thing that I ask of all people who suggest Jack, Pennywise, Chucky and all those types of killers.

WHAT WOULD HIS POWER BE, FOR ENTITY'S SAKE?

Jack Torrance literally just went stir-crazy and ran around with an axe. And with the whole lockdowns in effect at the moment, I'm starting to relate, especially now that I'm out of black spray and can't paint more Warhammer models because of it!

Without an idication if a power, I don't see him getting added. Plain and simple.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    edited May 2020

PTB and birthday pretty much can be a coincidence because the 6 weeks schedule is up since the roadmap last year and probably even longer. So they would have planned that for over a year and I think I heard they just round about develop on 3 killers at a time, including concept phase etc.

I would ask "your lack of creativity blocks the possibility for killers?" but you wrote "I don't see" so I guess that's a valid wording :P

PaulieEsther released one or two videos for speculation on chapter 16 and it sounds pretty reasonable that it will be a license killer, but nothing more detailed known about who and which power. The only typical indication so far was that the guy from Candyman has some twitter likes and admitted voice acting for a PC game that he may not talk about. But seems like this is more likely for chapter 17. But also not sure if this is a guaranteed clue.

Does anmyone know if Keanu Reeves made some mystery about Cyber Punk before it was released that he was acting for that game? Or Kevin Spacey on Modern Warfare? Cuz people might also voice act for other games than DBD :P And I have no idea about "information leaks" on other games that I don't follow that much like DBD.

Thinking about it, I would like to have a Matrix chapter. Smith as killer and Neo as survivor.

Perks:

Dodge projectiles: (exhaustion perk) He does his matrix move to dodge a hatchet, harpoon or gas bottle.

Internal heart massage: Can revive moried survivors

See the code: Ability to fix bugs during the game

Killer Mori would be the assimilation, making another Smith from the survivor, that flies away then