The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A glimmer of hope for a F13 chapter has popped up!

13»

Comments

• shwag
    shwag Member Posts: 417

Watch it end up being maniac cop.....

I'm completely fine with it lol.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

That would be hilarious to see! With that said, I think MC is probably so far down on the totem poll that you couldn't even see him if you were to look down from the top. xD

• Jasonisanicefella
    Jasonisanicefella Member Posts: 377

Let me tell all that there is to know, I am an expert in King's cosmology.

In the original IT 1986, Pennywise the dancing clown, aka Bob Gray is one of the favourite forms of the entity known as IT.

A part of this entity landed in Derry, around the time of dinosaurs and lived there for millions of years.

Its true form is comparable to a spider, at least that;s what the human mind can see about IT. Its real true form is made of something called the dead-lights.

This form of It is brother and probably equal to another entity called the turtle, later renamed Maturin the turtle.

Both of this creature were created by "the other", which is probably Gan the name of this god of the gods. This is the creature that guides the losers club in their path against It, it is also the creature which congratulates Bill after they defeat IT in 1985.

It is a female monster claimed to be the eater of worlds, in later books we will see more about this nature.

In the 1994 book called insomnia, It seems to be equated with another creature known as the Crimson King, this is later almost redacted with the two being probably two different beings.

In both cases, It and the Crimson King are creature of a dimension called Todash, this is where the agents of the Random come from.

Their job is to destroy the dark tower which is the centre of existence of King's universe.

So is Pennywise like the entity of DBD ?

Yes and no, they both feed on emotions, fear for It and hope for the Entity, and they both have insectoid appeareance. Both are capable of shape shifting abilities and both have reality warping capacities.

The entity and It would easily fit the typical monster from Todash, and we know there are others like It. Shapeshifters capable of reality warping and feeding on human emotions, in the dark tower novels we meet Dandelo which is very similar to It and the Entity.

This is the quick version of the cosmology, now the films will not reveal any of this stuff, or very limited.

You need to read the novel It, the novel insomnia, the novel 1963 to get the full picture of It. If you want more undrstanding you also need to read the dark tower, which is connected to It and the rest of the cosmology I briefly introduced.

Lore wise it would be strange to introduce It to dbd, but doable It and the entity could strike a deal or simply the entity could use the memories of Bill or any other survivor from the losers club to produce a monster inspired by pennywise. A clone if you will.

• Jasonisanicefella

He does the same to adults but they don't taste well, to give you an idea in 1871 he entered in a bar full of lumberjacks and he manipulated their minds to attack each other and lots of them died.

In the 1920s he manipulated the entirety of Derry to take the guns and gun down a band of criminals, their wives and kids. More than 15 died in less than 1 minute.

In 1840 It made an entire camp of more than 100 adults completely vanish.

It is essentially unstoppable should it decide to, but it usually doesn't because it is not fun, but should it want it is capable of insta killing anyone, including trained psychic wards guards.

Do not be deceived by its demise, the losers club win ONLY because they were guided by the Other, essentially God who was also the creator of IT

• Okapi
    Okapi Member Posts: 839

The next chapter isn't FT13, but is another old, iconic license from the 1970s. We're talking huge. People are going to be shook.

Candyman is in the fall.

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

Yeah, I just watched the 2017 movie to see what the comparison to the entity was about. I'm guessing the book version is significantly different because the movie version only seems to share one similarity with the entity, the ability to feed on emotion. Otherwise, it's a monster that could easily be part of the entity's conscripted killers.

• Cornpopers_Evan

I think I've seen you around saying it's Alien, I'm sorry Okapi, I usually agree with you but I just don't see it happening.

That said though, if it IS Alien, then color me EXCITED AS #########!!!

• Zarr0ch
    Zarr0ch Member Posts: 589

Black and gold

Classic.

Face in the bottom corner that looks like Candyman with bees...well perhaps....

• Tiersis
    Tiersis Member Posts: 259

If they get Jason, they should make a ton of objects in the environment which he can interact with, and once he has already hooked someone twice, he can do custom Moris on them with brutal kill animations instead of a third hook.

• Cornpopers_Evan

I was actually thinking that if they did get Jason, he could have 4 unique mori animations for each survivor. I know it won't happen because it would be a insane amount of work but it'd be awesome none the less.

• Jasonisanicefella

Yes the book is 1500 pages of in depth cosmology, I am fairly sure they will get the movie version which doesn' t have all those super powers

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

Dude don’t you know that Plague is basically a mummy and she fills the role of a mummy PERFECTLY. We basically already have a mummy because of Plague.

Ahhh, sarcasm is my strongest feature for sure XD

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

I'm glad someone has read insomnia and the dark tower series :).