The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

If we were to change Decisive Strike....

First off, before saying anything else, I want to state that I personally do not think DS needs or change. That being said, here's how I would do it. Decisive strike would have a base duration of 10 seconds and start with 5 tokens. Each token adds 10 seconds of duration to the perk. Every time a generator is completed, decisive strike loses 1 token.

Its duration would be as follows:

5gens: 60s

4gens: 50s

3gens: 40s

2gens: 30s

1gen: 20s

Gates powered: 10s

BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, this duration will NOT continue to expire while on the floor (being slugged).

Tunneling in this game is a real issue so DS will never be removed nor should it be. This rework would combat the most annoying aspects for both sides. No one likes getting slugged for a min and no killer likes getting 59s dsed. This would make it a much less powerful perk as the game progresses while still combating the core tunneling issue.

I am going to say one last time, I don't think it needs to be changed. Just proposing one way it could be. Thoughts?

Comments

• Kakateve
    Kakateve Member Posts: 287

It would be more simpme to just disable it whenever someone else is hooked and you’re not on the ground. So that way it couldn’t be used as a butthole perk only for anti tunel purposes, and the killer couldn’t abuse it either.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

I think it's better idea to post this in feedback section. There it has better chance to be seen by devs that are affiliated with reworking perks, here it will get swallowed by other mostly complaining posts really fast. I've posted mine there too if you want more food for thoughts on reworking DS.

• Creepy_Chloe_lol
    Creepy_Chloe_lol Member Posts: 22

Killer -

Ds does not need a rework, it's fine the way it is. I play killer all the time and I usually don't care for ds. As long as u use up their ds they don't have it anymore, simple as that. Ds is mainly used for tunneling killers but if your being smart you can always wait out the ds. Yes the timer is long but it's not the end of the world.

Surviver -

Like I said before ds is mainly used for tunneling killers, I'm a rank 1 and I've ran into them many times. I don't exactly understand why people complain about ds when it could be used in like a second, even if you miss the skill check for ds it's gone for good!

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826
    edited May 2020

DS was already changed, and it's fine the way it is.

Edit: So my 1 Time use Perk is useless at end game when I've done well and avoiding getting hooked and done my objectives. I lose out on my 4th perk. Not cool.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

What we need, are more REAL anti-tunneling perks that would avoid players from using DS.

Try thinking of more perks, rather than trying to nerf our only Perk that helps us out against tunneling killers.

Thanks.