The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Rank Doesn't Mean Skill - See For Yourself

DetailedDetriment
DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Disregard the mori. They weren't great, and I was just going for two trophies involving the offering (Blood On Your Face; Blood In Your Mouth).

Also, disregard my build. I will be swapping out Thrill and Lullaby for Shadowborn and Iron Maiden.

This is the second, better example I've been trying to obtain.

Survivors based off leaderboard:

1. Yui

2. Laurie

3. Nea

4. Meg

Don't count Meg though. She was idle at the beginning, and ended up killing herself on her second hook.

Here's the perfect image.

1. Nea

2. Meg

3. Dwight

4. Kate

Post edited by DetailedDetriment on

Comments

• DetailedDetriment

It would've been a lot lower, but I purposely kept the game going to ensure I got the 4 kills in a game achievement (Blood On Your Face).

• DetailedDetriment

I actually hadn't played the game for the past two months. I got into survivor and then swapped to killer for the Archives, but also because I've only gone against around 10 Huntress' in the two years I've been playing on console.

• SambaSaw
    SambaSaw Member Posts: 137
  • DetailedDetriment

They were an swf, all running teachables separate from their character.

1. Meg

2. Dwight

3. Nea

4. Claudette

I already mentioned the mori purpose.

Besides, I was able to stop chasing and practice my shots because half the team was dead by three gens.

• DetailedDetriment

I completely forgot about that. I had been bringing Berus Toxin and Flower Babushka for several games. Thanks for reminding me.

• domai36
    domai36 Member Posts: 89
    edited May 2020

Score doesn't always translate well in a situation like this either, as the red rank can end up running the killer for an extended period of time, resulting in them going way over 8k Boldness and not getting a very high score. I've had that happen a few times myself when going up against a baby killer and see it on streams too.

When playing killer I can also reliably predict who the red ranks are before I check the name, especially Rank 1's (post-game). Baby survivors play like they are afraid, Rank 1's usually act like they are playing a sport or having fun - very different feel and challenge level. Obviously there are outliers but I find it relatively accurate.

• Reborn2020
    Reborn2020 Member Posts: 1,138

But you most likely to find good survivors on rank 1. Anyway all players that want decent teammates are going to rank1 .

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

So you're smurfing as an example of how rank doesn't equal skill...basically showing how skilled Killers can live in low ranks and terrorize newb survivors...since we all know ranking as killer is harder. Gotcha. Coo, coo.

• The_Horde
    The_Horde Member Posts: 107

"La la la la la la sing a happy song... La la la la la la smurf the whole day long."

Seriously though, that image doesn't really show that rank doesn't matter. It kind of shows the opposite to be honest, but I'm curious as to if the rank 20 and 15 were also smurfin.

• DetailedDetriment

The game simply didn't last long. I drug it out for two trophies, but everyone was dead on hook or dead by that point.

• ggezbaby
    ggezbaby Member Posts: 404
    edited May 2020

i mean, if i had a red mori + exhaustion hatchets (which actually aren’t bugged - they work on Xbox at least) against a rank 20, rank 15, and rank 12, I would get an easy 4K too. I’d also be able to “drag on” a game with a mori. in a game with 4 red ranks, you would have gotten maybe one kill. MAYBE

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

Way to ignore literally most of my points, seems like you agree this is a bad example?

• demoncat1122
    demoncat1122 Member Posts: 6

Thats becuase u had a moria and it dose there was 11 12 and 3 if u diden have that u would have got messed up they need to fix it

• EntitledDweet
    EntitledDweet Member Posts: 12

Yeah honestly rank isn't everything. Once I went with a whole bunch of red ranks and they let me die on first hook/ do nothing while I got chased.

• a_good_player
    a_good_player Member Posts: 194

DiSrEgArD ThE MoRi

• oTechnic
    oTechnic Member Posts: 120

I think rank is just for red ranks to not play with gray rank. A gray rank can be as good as red rank but if gray is as good as red rank then they should play with red rank to make it even in my opinion. Being good is not all about gen-rushing but doing well in chases and knowing where totem locations is too.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You would have had a point but this is one of the worst examples you could have brought up.

“disregard everything you see in this picture and just believe me that I totally owned them but I also farmed with them for points“

plus, pretty much everyone agrees that ranks don’t really say anything about skill..

• Komodo16
    Komodo16 Member Posts: 1,488

Dude you're almost devotion 3 idc if you just started playing killer of you main surv or killer for a long time switching is easy I sucked at killer and couldnt handle swf at rank 12 but got to purple and red as a surv and INSTANTLY got better as killer because I knew how survivors acted so your whole idea in this thread is disproved because you didnt blur out your level

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Let me summarize the OP for you: "here's a picture to prove my point, but you should disregard everything you see in this picture I just posted. Because."

• PalletsAndHooks
    PalletsAndHooks Member Posts: 989

Exhaust hatchets are not bugged, they're simply not very good to work with. Out of 7 exhaust perks, 2 of them are not negatively affected by it, 1 of them situationally would already be safe in a locker, leaving 4 perks that exhaust counters on hit somewhat effectively: Sprint Burst, Lithe, Balanced Landing, and Dead Hard, which is the most susceptible, as the first 3 can be activated before the hatchet hits.

It's really great if you struggle against Dead Hard, but otherwise not as effective as other add-ons.

Hinder is immensely more useful, and counters all the exhaust perks on hit, except Dead Hard. Hinder is also appreciated by how slow Huntress is. If you aren't bringing movement perks, you should bring hinder.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

Two months of resets as killer. So green -> yellow -> brown.

And you morid a brown, yellow, green, and red.

I dont see what this proves other than matchmaking is a mess and ranking is just a bad tool for it.

• boboca
    boboca Member Posts: 78

You are almost devotion 2, you shouldn't be in this rank. You are probably a better killer, at least purple rank but haven't been plying too much lately. Also, that red rank did really well since he is probably a solo queuer screwed by the bad MM

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,887

All your perks are tier 3, you're almost at devotion level 2, you have two baby rank survivors in there, and you brought an ebony mori.

If you're a real rank 18 killer then I'm the king of England.

• toxcitynacl
    toxcitynacl Member Posts: 464

It doesn't always but it is a pretty good indicator. You can have a rank 20 with perks who just hasn't played in forever--saw a rank 20 (with over 2000 hours in game) destroy a swf team who were rank 1, rank 3, rank 8 and rank 9. Then again saw a game I was in as a rank 4 with another rank 4 and a rank 1 and a rank 3 play a Hag who was playing their first game and they got crushed. Overall I'd say hours mean more than rank. You were also a rank 18 with 4 perks all three tier and only one of the people you played was really at all high rank...two of them were basically in your rank class...and having no idea when the others died...even as a high rank if all your friends are dead and it is just you even a low rank killer will have the advantage...especially if the hatch gets closed and you have to try to get that gate opened before either being found or the stupid EGC timer goes off. Play against a team of all 1s on comms and then we'll talk.

• Matadorinicuo
    Matadorinicuo Member Posts: 4

Lol ok I'll disregard the mori that carried you.

• DetailedDetriment

I would say purple ranks, yeah, but I haven't touched this game in a couple months. I'm just tired of people complaining about ranks when it doesn't show skill at all, especially with how easy it is to rank up as a survivor these days.

• DetailedDetriment

You can't get 32K bp and Merciless Killer by killing survivors off hook.

• Gh0stDude
    Gh0stDude Member Posts: 49

Mori+exhaustion addons+almost level 200 and just 1 high rank survivor.

This is a very bad example

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,193

There's usually a correlation between rank and skill, and I can usually tell when I'm playing against relative newcomers. I get put in yellow rank lobbies from time to time as a killer and a survivor. It's usually immediately obvious.

• ToastyBois
    ToastyBois Member Posts: 26

Now the problem with your argument is that you clearly aren’t a rank 18 killer, so of course you won’t be against good players at rank 18. Yes there’s a rank 3, but based off of your game knowledge you seem like you would be a red rank killer meaning that there being a rank 3 is irrelevant. Not saying you’re wrong as there are several red rank potatoes, just putting that out there

• DetailedDetriment

Not red. I'm terrible at close up throws compared to my long range throws. So purple.