Refusing to Hook

Options
Vysenya
Vysenya Member Posts: 11

Killers, I recently played a match where Michael Myers killed the sh!t out of my team, in under 5 minutes? We were all on the same rank. No flashlights. No loops. He was genuinely a good killer (I'm an okay player) now here's the thing. I go into spectate mode after I die and watch the killer basically trick the last survivor into thinking he's let him find the hatch, just to down him. Once the killer left, the Survivor had Unbreakable, so he got up and searched for the hatch. The killer caught him, downed him, allowed him to break free from his grasp, they found the hatch together, and then he downed them again. Closed the hatch in front of them, and refused to hook them. I couldn't figure out why he did that? I personally would have dc'd, not because I lost but because he would t end the match. Why didn't he just hook the guy instead of forcing him to crawl until he died.

Comments

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,038
    Options

Some people enjoy seeing the EGC sacrifice.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,087
    edited May 2020
    Options

Because some people are ######### who can only have fun at the expense of other people.

• Dolls
    Dolls Member Posts: 395
    Options

Probably had a bad match precious and taking it out on everyone. Was he on Swi tch?

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited May 2020
    Options

It’s terrible that happened with the last survivor. I’ve had this happen to me sometimes when I play as Claudette. But I can honestly say that Being the last survivor isn’t always a piece of cake. You win some and you lose some. Sure I’ve had my share of killers wasting my time so they can watch the animation. But as someone who also plays as a killer I never do that Id would rather get into the next game.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839
    Options

One simple thing: Because he's an #########.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    Options

I had that happen once. I took a small bit of satisfaction that I bled out before EGC could get me.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

He was being a serious dick. This is comparable to the survivor that can leave the match but just doesnt and makes the clearly outplayed killer chase them for awhile knowing full well theyre going to escape. Both need to calm down and just end the match

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

Either the killer was farming points because he sweeped the team too fast or maybe the survivor broke the killers code for gifting hatch. Most likely the first one in my guestimation.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656
    edited May 2020
    Options

This is why there needs to be an option to suicide when you're slugged. They changed end-game struggle for survivors so that killer's aren't "inconvenienced" by 60 seconds of struggling...while killers can down you and watch you bleed out for 4 minutes for their own amusement. Not cute.

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182
    Options

Some people do get enjoyment out of that. Usually if that happens to me, I will just alt-tab the game, or go have a coffee. There is no point in giving them the satisfaction. If they want to play their game alone, go for it 😀

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Some people are just #########.

This is the correct response. Go make yourself a sandwich, take a bathroom break, text your friends, whatever. Just don't bother trying to survive, because you have zero chance of doing so and it just feeds their ego.