The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Make killer notifications better

So before y'all go ######### is this guy talking about, I'll explain.  Anytime the survivor blows a generator/fast vaults/starts working on a totem/hook saves/sabos or triggers Tinkerer we get the same explosion notification.  To me as a killer it is confusing imo as you don't know exactly HOW it was triggered.  I mean it could be some toxic survivor intentionally vaulting repeatedly to draw you over.  In order to make things visually smoother this is what I'm thinking: 

Hooks saves:  hook icon 

Fast vault:  small window icon (think like maybe bamboozle perk pic)

Gen explosion: no change needed

Totems: dull totem icon

Tinkerer:  tinkerer perk pic

Sabo:  broken hook icon

MYC:  maybe highlight the unhooker red for the duration of the timer or just put a skull icon above their head.

Overall I think these simple changes will give the killer a clearer awareness of what's going on in a way that can definitely help newer killers while still benefiting the vets.

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

That or more unique sounds instead of the same explosion sound for basically everything.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

That or more unique sounds instead of the same explosion sound for basically everything.

I'm definitely more in favour of unique sounds. The visual tells you WHERE to look, the sound should tell you WHY.
  • That's a good idea.  Unique sounds would be pretty neat :)
  • Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    I hope the devs make unique sounds I dont need what this OPs idea.. It would be fresh if there were other noises to listen to while in a match 
  • Speaking of sounds anyone else feel like the chase music is too loud?