Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Death Note Chapter?

Ryuk or Kira killer?

Comments

• kylerabdcgamer10
    kylerabdcgamer10 Member Posts: 279

dude...I love Death Note too...but come on you know this would NEVER work, like you have to be joking

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    edited May 2020

How the hell would that work? You write the survivors name in the book and bam! they are downed. Doesnt seem very fun

• EntityDrudge
    EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184

Lmfao, you just hear scribbling in the distance and then bam dying state

• hagling
    hagling Member Posts: 279

maybe not as a specific license but I'd love a shinigami-style killer, their designs were gorgeous. gimme some junji ito level detail in a killer, a monster that truly, physically, is horrifying. while I don't think an anime / manga would translate well to the current artstyle, lots of japanese horror has been overlooked in dbd despite being just as iconic and impactful to the genre as western horror. it's a bit sad.

i'm still waiting for kayako or sadako personally.

• EntityDrudge

To be fair, ghostface is kinda a living example of what he'd be. Minus the 1 hit. Basically he could have to look at you for a whole minute to dying state you. Plus as soon as he starts scribbling you hear it. Notifying you to move. It could work man. You guys lack ambition or imagination

• kylerabdcgamer10
    1. Light "Kira" only killed those who he deemed evil and criminals, later on those who were in his way in of making a better world, he was not an evil man who would kill the innocent. Also what would he even do ingame? slap people with the death note lol? also his power "the death note wouldn't work "AT ALL''. no need to explain if you have actually watched the series
    2. Ryuk is a shinigami..only those who "TOUCH" the death note can see him, and from my understanding he cannot harm anyone physically, only with the death note he can. Also he would have no interest in doing so.

done.

• kylerabdcgamer10

ok i see how you "think" this would work but...it wouldn't dude. again it makes no sense, in death note cannon you write a name...then BOOM THEY "DIE". Having a survivor simply get downed wouldn't make sense and its simply stupid also running out of his sight to stop him from writing a name would make no logistical sense....he's a genius he wouldn't forget a name simply by losing sight of a survivor and again he would have no motive to kill them anyways. "IN FACT" it would make more sense character wise for him to help the survivors by attempting to "kill" the killers.

• EntityDrudge

But looking at ghostface stops his power makes so much more sense?

Shining a flashlight on hags dirt traps makes them vanish...more logic right?

Instantly snapping out of a mental breakdown from doc is realistic right?

Fixing gens while vomiting profusely from plague makes sense too though I guess.lol

Dude of course it isn't perfect, but it's different. You guys want new ideas but recycled concepts. Oxymoron you gotta think outside the box sometimes.

Maybe my idea of how he works is dumb sure, maybe it's not. But why don't we see if we can figure out a way it does work. Instead of being hyper strict on canon just to shoot the idea down.

State's evidence #5- demogorgon being blinded by lights when he has no eyes.

I rest my case.

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061

Everyone always say this that or something else would never work yet everytime new stuff just works. It just requires some imagination and common sense.

When people question why Penny-wise would listen to the entity I wonder if Penny-wise in super smash Bros would get the same criticism.

It's like writing, in the first book of a series a certain person could come across as totally evil and twisted but in 2 more series's that same person could just be a good person who had a valid reason to come across as evil. It's always up for changing and so is the lore of dbd which honestly is pretty shallow.

Dbd lore is basically Entity is big boss of killers and they have to sacrifice survivors to feed entity.

Don't act as if certain things are no go areas unless they definitely are.

• EntityDrudge

Yep it's just because it's not their idea or an idea from behavior.

If behavior just announced a Death Note chapter they'd all just be hyped. Sure some would ask how, but it would be minimal

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

You gotta run around finding ink stations to refill your pen, and sometimes gusts of wind will blow your book away so you gotta chase it. The ultra rare add-ons will be Iridescent Paperweight to keep your book from flying away and BIC Long-Lasting Ink Pens that never run out.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522

I never cared for Death Note because the concept always seemed weird.

You get a magic book that can kill anyone, anywhere, totally undetected (as long as you have some extremely basic information on them) and you still somehow screw it up?

Man, if I had one of those...well, I won't say what I'd do, but I sure as hell wouldn't get caught, either.

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited May 2020

I dont think it would be possible to get Ryuk as a killer however it could be possible to get kira as a survivor that is a very possible outcome i would actually kinda like to see something like this happen where behavior reaches out to an anime company and maybe pulls a popular character into the game would be interesting.