The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Doc build

dociscool
dociscool Member Posts: 18

I'm currently running a build that I believe is decent on doctor. Its monitor, overwhelming, overcharge, and distressing. I don't know if it actually good but I use it alot.

Comments

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

Most of the best perks for Doctor are tied to other characters (unnerving, nurse's calling, etc), but since I don't have those unlocked right now I like running Whispers to know when it's best to fire off shock therapy, sloppy butcher and bloodhound to ensure a survivor can't escape, and BBQ for the bloodpoints and location.

• calem
    calem Member Posts: 533

There are a bunch of different builds you can use as Doc depending on your play-style/preference with perks.

I'd say a really good overall build would be:

Whispers / Pop Goes The Weasel OR Overcharge / Sloppy Butcher / Monitor & Abuse

Whispers lets you get free information of where survivors are, and if you have Whispers at Tier 3, using your Static Blast will guarantee you find at least 1 survivor.

Pop and Overcharge are your gen control perks. I would personally use Pop more, since it does a better job at regressing gens, and good survivors can hit the Overcharge skill-check most of the time. I'd only put in Overcharge over Pop if you're purposefully going for a 3-gen strat, but I would use a different build entirely for that. But, if you don't have Pop, feel free to use other gen control perks (Overcharge, Hex: Ruin).

Sloppy Butcher is a really good perk in general, but I personally like using it for Doc especially. Between the additional time spent healing as well as snapping out of Madness Tier 3, survivors waste A LOT of time not doing gens, letting you chase other survivors without too much fear of your gens popping.

Monitor is also a really good perk in general for a bunch of killers, and I really like it on Doc (especially in a 3-gen build). It lets you close more space between you and survivors before initiating a chase with them (an extra 8 metres can make a huge difference), and the added 8 metres during chase can really put off certain survivors, perhaps making them scared to stay on the gen.

Or, based on the perks you said you typically use, you might prefer a 3-gen build. A 3-gen is when the remaining 3 generators on the map are all right next to each other, letting the killer walk very quickly between them. Sometimes it can be near impossible to complete a gen during this scenario, which makes it quite a strong option. Doctor is probably the killer that benefits the most for a 3-gen strat.

Personally, I would use this build:

Whispers / Overcharge / Unnerving Presence / Distressing.

Feel free to switch in Overwhelming Presence with something if the survivors are bringing in a bunch of items though.

• Lumionesty
    Lumionesty Member Posts: 98

There are problems with that build. Monitor is actually bad with Doctor since you want to use your static blast while not in a chase. This means with Monitor your static blast will have smaller radius which is anti synergy. Overwhelming presence is a pretty useless perk in my opinion. Overcharge only works against new players as later on survivors wont struggle with skill checks. Distressing is fine for now.

A META Doctor build looks something like this:

Discordance

BBQ

STBFL

Pop goes the weasel.

You can move some perks in and out but this would be overall META.

A beginner Doctor build can look like this:

Whispers

Sloppy Butcher

Bittur Murmur

Distressing

Whispers and Murmur give out information. You’ll never miss your static blasts with whispers. Sloppy butcher helps by slowing down the game a bit. Distressing has synergy with static blast which is pretty solid.

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

I agree that M&A is actually pretty bad for the Doctor. It's awesome for stealth killers as it lowers your terror radius when you're not in a chase, but stealthy the Doctor is not! I mean the guy is like 10ft tall!😂

As I said earlier, until you get better perks that regress gens, you can't go wrong with Whispers, Bloodhound, and Sloppy Butcher. Blood shows up like orange juice with Bloodhound, and Sloppy Butcher ensures that a survivor is constantly leaving a bright trail for you to follow, even if they're not leaving scratch marks.

• dociscool
    dociscool Member Posts: 18

Yeah I know it's just what build I was running I'll try your build when I get the chance.

• Dead_by_Gadfly
    Dead_by_Gadfly Member Posts: 3,772

Crack Doc is fun: bbq (for points), stbfl, fire up and brutal strength.

Theres also an oldie but goodie: bbq, enduring, spirit fury and brutal

Im about to try: bbq, pop, thrilling and iron maiden. I call it "######### your head on"