Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why I rage quit!

Until the Nurse gets a buff she is useless! Her stupid 3 trophies are all I need to get the Platinum Trophy on PS4 and her mechanics are garbage! I'm tired of getting flashlight trolled by high ranks and not getting any hooks. This game sucks!!!!

Comments

• BunnyTheHutt
    BunnyTheHutt Member Posts: 1,773

debatable. She's very clunky and hard too control and I'd rather just learn an easier killer that's better called Spirit.

• Xify
    Xify Member Posts: 35

If it sucks don't play it.

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

How else am I supposed to get the damn platinum Trophy then?!!!

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

You play on PS4 so learning nurse will be unbelievably hard. I started maining her for a week and decided not to go to the third circle of hell. So I stopped before becoming depressed.

• McLightning
    McLightning Member Posts: 949

If that were true, and it was really the games fault, there would be no good Nurse players; like Marth.

Think about that.

• xenofon13
    xenofon13 Member Posts: 1,241
    edited May 2020

Someone deranked until rank 16 for the platinum. Imagine derank to get all the trophies. If you don't know, you can't go lower than rank 16 as killer (This is for killers who deranking to bully new players). Get the trophies by playing fair. Not trying to bully low rank players. Devotion 5, rank 16 killer, all trophies...yikes.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Get better at the game? I'm serious that how you'd do it.

For tips on getting better with Nurse, blink where you think the survivor's gonna go to, not where they currently are. Chances are this will work more often than not.

When a survivor is around a wall and you're charging a blink, blink to the corner of the wall because almost every survivor will double back and try and juke you that way. If they don't then you simply use the second blink to adjust, blink to them and then hit them and unless they have dead hard there's very little they can do here, provided you blinked to them correctly.

Should also say that every hit is good for you as Nurse. If you want an easier time and you run game delay perks on her, sloppy is a good delay perk on her because people don't want to be injured against a Nurse, you're basically signing your own death wish if you are.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Translation: I can't take an L.

• BunnyTheHutt

There was some amazing Old Freddy players, doesn't mean he was good. Same thing with Clown now, I guarantee there are some Clown Mains who can rival a Nurse or Spirit, doesn't mean the killer is good or not clunky.

• McLightning

Except, Clown and Freddy (new or old Freddy), the skill ceiling for Nurse hasn't even been touched yet.

• BunnyTheHutt

ok? just because the skill ceiling is almost impossible too reach doesn't change the fact she's very clunky and buggy. And it doesn't change my point either.

"Except, Clown and Freddy (new or old Freddy)" What do you even mean by this?

• McLightning
    edited May 2020

Impossible, for you maybe.

That really is the only way to put it. Maybe you're just not good enough.

Also - I mistyped. I meant "unlike clown and freddy".

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

WTB a practice mode that doesn't require other players (KYF) so that you can actually practice mechanic heavy killers like the nurse to "git gud" without having to go through days worth of demoralizing "ez baby killer" games.

It would improve the quality of players across the board, so its mind boggling why there are tutorials for both killer and survivor and yet still no practice mode for things like powers/loops/etc.

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

Most of adept trophies are poorly designed and deranking is the only way to get them without wanting to pull your hair out. Good luck getting some of the adepts in red ranks vs SWFs or try hards when you are handicapped by a weak killer with perks that don't help you at all

Most killers get penalized for using their power because of the emblem system that needs to go or reworked completely

• Deadman316
    Deadman316 Member Posts: 578

Nurse's difficulty of use is listed as Hard, so yeah, you're going to have to really develop your skill to use her effectively.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

And what's your excuse for rage quitting again?

Also, why do you even really care about the achievements? If you want them then work for them. If not and it's too frustrating to the point where you quit, then maybe it's just not an achievement that you can obtain.

• rickyray101
    rickyray101 Member Posts: 141

So instead of giving me advice you guys troll me like the jerks in the game. Know what forget it. Sorry I asked.

• Pixel_BoomBot
    Pixel_BoomBot Member Posts: 116

If you're struggling to get hooks because of flashlight blinds, use lightborn.

• MamaEagle
    MamaEagle Member Posts: 115

Patience, skill and determination... No one picks up a character and is instantly amazing with them. And I know a lot of killers say "Hard" as in they are hard to play... But she is definitely one of those killers that if you want results with, you put forth the effort and time.

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

My charitable advice is that trophy-chasing in any multiplayer game is going to inevitably lead to this kind of frustration, because these kinds of unreasonable goalposts are everywhere. DBD has some absolutely awful ones. Your best bet is to try to convince a survivor group to let you farm them.

• Sinatyxmas
    Sinatyxmas Member Posts: 72

Can you do custom matches with friends to get the plat?

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think the nerfs hurt her a lot and she definitely isn't the best in the game anymore imo. However, I definitely don't think she's trash. She's still a solid A.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

when comes to the matchmaking survivor sure be match by the highest survivor like if there a red rank survivor you get rank red rank killer.it suck for solo but killer one person thre 4 of them

• BunnyTheHutt

Skill has nothing too do with what we are talking about lol. My point was there's no point in learning Nurse when you can do just as well on easier too learn killers like Billy, Spirit, and Freddy because Nurse is incredibly clunky and buggy too play as.

• FabV
    FabV Member Posts: 173

I also suck at Nurse, but got the trophies anyway. Here's how, hope it helps :

• Adept : use Matchbox add-on to be faster, and don't try to blink hit, just use basic attacks
    • In the void she kills : try farming with people, and when they're confident enough to do gens in front of you, release the shot
    • From the void she walks : eat your frustration, accept your punishment, and try to get as many hits as you can until you reach 100

Good luck !

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

I did adept Nurse on Hawkins with faster base speed and extra blink add-on. I got it pretty easily without using my blink hardly.. You gotta have bad survivors of course

• Timebomb0800
    Timebomb0800 Member Posts: 80

Nurse is one of the hardest killers to get decent with, so practice. Also, unless you're already an experienced or decent nurse, you're gonna have a hard time without any gen regression perks, so if possible, try and add either Hex:Ruin, Dying Light, or Pop Goes the Weasel. I've been running Hex: Ruin and Dying light on most killers since the ruin change, but if you don't have them, try to get at least one of those perks, or even the corrupt intervention.

Alternatively, you could also probably just wait until she gets buffed, since I feel like she will eventually. I play often and red ranks in both roles, and I both have barely touched nurse since her rework/nerf, and also never verse her, she's probably the killer I've seen least, with the exception of clown, but I'd say those 2 are neck and neck in terms of play popularity ATM.

Oh, and if you play her on a cornfield map, just prepare your patience, everyone hates playing her on those maps. So frustrating playing nurse in cornfields.

• EmpireWinner
    EmpireWinner Member Posts: 1,054

Don't DC, get gud

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,936

We don't promote DC's on the forum for a start, also - if you always DC from a match, how on earth do you expect to get better at something? If you're finding a specific aspect of something difficult, practice, practice, practice, we have a KYF within the game which is perfect for this and it's what I do when I'm learning a new killer.

This discussion has been closed.