The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors about to be hook - Lags the killer then Disconnects.

Okay, i wana know if this is a "Lag switcher" or a simple rage quit, so what happened?

He literaly wasted 1-3 minutes of my time when i was about to hook him, and then purpose Disconnect.

I reported the dude plus trough the game and steam, now i wana know if this is a effect of a "disconnect" or a hacker with lag switch, tyvm. If is a hacker case, is possible to send email for the support/developers, since i think this forum has Naming and shaming rules...which sadness me, i DID LOVE POST HIS nickname of all kinds (that he has at steam trough the forum).

Best Answers

Answers

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@FrenziedRoach said:
    Reporting disconnects does nothing, they ignore those because they are automatically tracked.

If they do it enough, they will get soft-banned.

If anybody tells you they don't ban people, ignore them. I rode out a 24 hour ban myself so I know it happens. And most of us who watch streamers can point people who have been perma-banned or even hardware banned.

Those perman bans have been issued because that streamer explained how to abuse glitches and because he called for several witchhunts. That´s a completely different story.

Yes, they temp ban people for disconnecting, but the amount of disconnects that are required to trigger the system is unknown. I have a friend who disconnected roughly 40-50% of his matches as survivor and he never got banned.

Lag switcher are difficult to track tho. The system doesn´t detect them and i´ve seen a lag switcher who opendly admits to lag switch but has been doing this for the last 3 months without consequences.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Dont write it off as hacking or lagswitching though.
    This happened to me too. I downed someone and each time I tried to hook her nothing happened, several minutes past before she disconnected. She wrote to me and asked why I dc when I were about to kill her. So something happened, and we both thought the other disconnected but it was the game who lagged out. The ping was green for everyone.