Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Iri Head (And why people hate it so much)

Snowstruck
Snowstruck Member Posts: 564

Iri head in itself is NOT overpowered.

The reason iri head is so disgusting is latency and hit boxes.

If hit boxes, and latency issues, weren't a problem, iri head would be fine. However, since these things are an issue, iri head is pretty ridiculous. ESPECIALLY if the killer is vpning. Just adds to the problem, but that's just it's own situation.

So, what I'm saying is- iri head isn't overpowered in the sense, "Oh insta downs bad!"

It's overpowered in the sense that they hit you through walls, around corners... don't connect but somehow injure you, etc.

And while the concept might sound bad, it's balanced by the limited amount of hatchets you can have.

So... yeah... hit boxes. LOL

Comments

• Snowstruck

Agree. I was gonna mention Deathslinger's addons but I didn't feel a need tbh. I agree though.

• xCarrie
    xCarrie Member Posts: 982

Hopefully the hatchets work like his addon in the future, a dev said it was going to be nerfed buuut it still hasn’t happened.

• BlueFirebilly
    BlueFirebilly Member Posts: 257

Iri head is only proven paired with extra hatchet addons, but i the hit boxes are workngn, what people don’t realize is that it’s a sphere around the hatchet not a direct model, but I think it would be different if the hatchet hit box would be a rectangular prism

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

This.

Iri Head isn't the issue. Infantry Belt stacking with it is the problem.

If you couldn't go above 1 hatchet with Iri Head I think that would be fair design.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

If they had it be like the Deathslinger add on where it's distance related it'd be way better. Right now the Huntress just gets right on top of you to use it.

• chase131119
    chase131119 Member Posts: 839

Iri head by itself isn't a really big problem, the fact that it gets stacked with infantry belt is annoying and should not be a thing.

• Chico
    Chico Member Posts: 20

iri head shouldn't stack with the infantry belt, that would make the add-on more fair.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

You know, the more I think about it, huntress with iri and infantry is infinitely more potential than base huntress, not just because of speed of downs, but because with her regular ount of hatchets, the most she can get without having to refill hatchets is two downs, and those would require some chasing after an initial hit. Meanwhile, with less time invested you can down more almost instantly.

They should just make it not stack with the belt, period.

• Hippie
    Hippie Member Posts: 1,003

I personally no longer have a problem with Iridescent Head because, if you think about it, Billy, Bubba and Oni can one-hit down with their base abilities. Good players won't get hit with Iridescent Head, and there are very few Huntress players with good aim as well. Of course, if she walks up behind you and hits you point-blank with a hatchet, you go down.... although it IS possible to dodge at that close of range as well. And when she does that, she's just a slower Billy, since she's 110% speed. I myself went into a game with Iridescent Head + 1 extra hatchet (first time using iri head!) and I really didn't do any better than if I had been doing my STBFL/double hatchet cooldown build. In fact, I actually did worse, because I was relying more on hitting my hatchets and the Survivors were actually good at dodging, as I would hope to expect from red ranks. I really don't think it's that big of a deal, moreso just an annoyance. I can't even imagine only having one hatchet with iri head and having to reload after every shot. After using it, I personally don't like it and think it's cheesy and boring, but only having one hatchet would ensure a steam-rolling from competent Survivors.

• Snowstruck

I only said it wasn't overpowered because everytime I don't give SOME back up, a killer main harasses me in the comments.. when they don't play both sides so...

• Snowstruck

I experienced a vpning iri head huntress the other day, feelsbadman.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,893

A hatchet should never ever insta down a healthy survivor. Its a ridiculous add on.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Nah. Even if IH was restricted to 1 and latency was not a factor at all, it's still too strong. It needs a new effect entirely.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I've always wondered if Huntress had proper hitboxes, would she be viable?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,366

I almost never run into Iri Heads that aren't run with Ebony Moris. The people who run it are intentionally using them to make fast quick games where everyone depips and no one has fun.

• ich_häng_mal_rum
    ich_häng_mal_rum Member Posts: 435
    edited May 2020

@Crowman

That’s true. And don’t forget noed as well.

Only the iri heads are fine, but all together is annoying:

+ belt

+ mori

+ noed

+ hitboxes

+ tryhard playstyle

And that’s what you see always if iriheads are used.

• Snowstruck

That's not what I meant..

I was saying, I tried to make the post more explanatory, because if I just said, "Everything about iri head is OP" some salt would be thrown at me, and I didn't want that. So I just gave a passive explanation as to why..

But yes, they're op.. You just misunderstood what I said.

I just explained it in a way that both sides would agree, so I wouldn't be attacked by either. Understand?