DS and Rancor

Options
EntityDrudge
EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

Just had a game where I was getting SWFd to death, at the end I was just swapping slugs and hooks for them to save and heal. The problem is more than one of them had DS. And so I was trying to time my rancor kill perfectly so I would still be able to chase after. The door was 99d btw. One other door was at 0 right next to this fiasco. Basically there were times where I absolutely had to attempt to pick up and hook a survivor, but they'd have DS, so now, my rancor target is them, not the guy I already won a chase with who's on the ground, I down them, then I am trying to time the kill again, then I have to pick up the other guy cause he's 99d healed by now, but he has DS, now he's my target again. Rinse repeat. you get it. My point is it'd be nice if DS did not change your obsession and therefore control your rancor. Totally shifts the game balance. Not only did I just waste a won chase, I've now wasted 2.

Comments

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I kind of forget Rancor even exists because I've just never really liked using it due to the fact that it's one of the few perks that can (and almost every game, will) actually have a harmful effect on the killer due to having themselves be revealed every generator. All just for the potential to mori somebody in the end game. Not really a huge fan of it. If I wanted to do that I would either bring Devour Hope to try to mori people earlier and actually have it do something during the game other than harm me, or just bring a straight up mori offering.

Although, as I said before I forget it exists usually, but you just reminded me of it and I usually like to tunnel people who DS me in a really scummy way, so I might actually have to start bringing Rancor specifically for that reason :)

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I feel unless the killer is running rancor there is no negative for being the obsession. In fact it's actually a positive. If the killer is using STBFL or PWYF they are more likely to avoid hitting you.