A change to STBFL

Hello, I'm new to the dead by daylight forums (but I have played the game for over a year on ps4) so I am sorry if this has already been talked about.

I run save the best for last on pretty much every killer because it helps end chases quicker, allows me to keep an eye on where the survivor goes instead of watching the animation of a successful hit, and helps counter swf or just ballsy survivors who try body blocking or messing with me. As we all know, STBFL only helps decrease M1 succesful attack animations and the only way to save stacks is to hit the obsession with a power attack (only applicable to demo, huntress, Billy, oni, Bubba, plague and anyone else I'm forgetting). However, it does not speed up the animation for those succesful attacks.

Would the perk be better if these animations were shortened but at the price of losing stacks regardless of how you hit the obsession? This would only help a few killers, and would not affect killers such as huntress, plague, bubba or any killer that has a completely different attack for their power, or continues using their power after a successful hit.

The same could be applied for relentless but only for killers it is applicable to.

I may have not written this the best, but again it is my first post, and this is just my opinion. As a Demogorgon main, it's quite annoying having to deal with the aftermath of the shred attack due to how long the animation is, and there is only one add on that helps and it's only a slightly reduce.

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

That on Legions fatal frenzy or nurses blink stun would be bonkers

And if you would exclude those that would just bring confusion of why it would work on some killers and not others

It's a neat idea but I don't think it would be worth the hassle and confusement that would bring

• Stinde
    Stinde Member Posts: 459

Hits got by using killer's power are meant to give killer an edge and are balanced accordingly. Giving cooldown reduction on some of the killers' powers would tip the scales too much and it would be very hard to balance. Just imagine Huntress' hatchet throw with oak haft and babushka with STBFL affecting it.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I think STBFL is pretty fine. You get the tools to work around the drawback, which is great. Removing that tool and apply the drawback in any case is actually what I wanted less. I love that I can attack the obsession without losing stacks, also allowing me to save 8 stacks, especially when I just got DSed by someone on deathhook

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673

Nah that would be way too much but I love to see STBFL not losing or gaining stacks by just hitting the obsession and instead removing up to 4 tokens by downing her. But I don't think the devs could care less about making this change even if they agree with it.

• schadenfreudez28
    schadenfreudez28 Member Posts: 32

It would be hard to implement, and truthfully I don't see it ever getting implemented because of the complexity.

You would have to break down every killers power that involves hitting the survivor and see which ones one be applicable, which is something I don't even want to investigate lol.

Thank you for your thoughts!

• schadenfreudez28
    schadenfreudez28 Member Posts: 32

I do see the problem with some killers having that cooldown. It probably won't be implemented, but if it was they would have to sift through the killers powers to see which ones would be affected and if they should be.

The least i can hope for is better add-ons for the lunge recovery for demo, it feels insanely long, especially if you hit something by accident.

Thanks for your thoughts!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

STBFL is a lame perk IMO. It's borderline overpowered at 8 stacks.

Put the limit at 6 stacks and hitting the obsession loses 3/2/1 stacks. Way more balanced, especially for Clown and Freddy.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Except Nurse already has a red bar, so it still wouldn't matter.

Oh, and she's also 94% speed. Wiping our blade faster won't do anything.

• thesuicidefox

It kind of is though. Especially on Clown or Freddy. They hit you and are basically instantly right behind you. It's machine gun all over again.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

You really think shaving 40% of the stun time of the nurse wouldn't matter?

Sure they can't blink after you instantly with the recharge bar but I would think that reduced stun time would make it that she doesn't lose track of you after she hits you as often as she does now. And a good nurse who knows where you are is a nurse that will down you in the not so distant future

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

You'll still have to wait for her Red Bar buddy. What's good about shaving off 40% of her stun when her Red Bar still exists.

It would be OP IF she didn't have it.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    edited May 2020

Tinkerer once affected Killer Powers by boosting some Add-ons.

But they had to take Tinkerer into consideration every new Killer, resulting in additional work they didn't really want to add.

Now STBFL would only affect Killers who have a Power that can damage Survivors, but it'd still be additional work, and while it'd be small, it'd also be a starting point.

They've avoided doing Killer-related Perks ever since Tinkerer's change, and i don't think they want to start, no matter how small.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

Yeah but you have to spend the entire first half of the match getting to that point.

It's not like you can just do it whenever, especially on a Killer like clown who can't avoid losing stacks to the Obsession.

• thesuicidefox

That doesn't matter. It's pretty easy to get max stacks. And once you have them it's ridiculous how fast you recover. Clown, Freddy, and also Spirit are basically right on top of you seconds after you get hit.

Reduce the max tokens to 6 and you lose 3/2/1 tokens when you hit the obsession. Makes it more fair for both sides. Survivors don't have to deal with a machine gun m1, and killers can actually hit the obsession and not flat out ignore them the entire game.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,552

This would be Old Tinkerer 2.0

It was impossible for BHVR to balance the game according to one perk, the affect would vary from power to power, breaking some killers while only moderately helping others

• NuclearBurrito

It caps out at a 40% reduction after you've built it up and you can't use it on the Obsession. The machine gun build was 55%, had no wind up time and could be used on all 4 Survivors.

40% isn't a problematic number to cap out at given the amount of effort you have to go through. It's enough to be a good payoff for it's build up and to make up for the downside of having to avoid hitting the Obsession. If you lower the payoff people just won't run the perk, which is the problem too many perks have already.

• thesuicidefox

Dude at 8 stacks you are literally right on top of the survivor in less than 8 seconds. That's still pretty machine gun-y. On Clown/Freddy/Spirit it's especially bad because of how strong they are ALREADY in a chase.

• NuclearBurrito

I'd need to time it to verify what you just said.

But considering how much distance you can get off a hit normally, a solid 6 seconds of distance (which I KNOW it's not less than) is still enough time to get to another tile and drop a pallet. Maybe not enough to get out of a dead zone with no good adjacent ties, but that's kinda the whole point of bringing the perk. That and dealing with groups.

• thesuicidefox

I'm saying drop it to 6 tokens max (more fair to survivors) and then you only lose 3/2/1 tokens when you hit the obsession (more fair to killers). At 6 tokens it's not ridiculous, at 8 it's a bit OP. Especially on killers already good in a chase.