My „small” changes for long term game health; keys, moris, and other nasty stuff

Rittihilatti
Rittihilatti Member Posts: 124
edited May 2020 in General Discussions

A lot of people shared alredy their ideas, let me introduce what would i do to secure a better future in the world of DBD.

OFFERINGS:

Opponent offerings should be hidden for both sides. You can see how many coins were tossed and their rarity, but thats all.

DCs:

The DC penality system is fine, there are no further extensions needed. However, people will still disconnect sometimes for whatever reason. After these players getting punished, it is the time to think about the rest remaining in the trial.

If there is a DC early game the number of generators needed to be completed decreases by ONE. The entity blocks a random generator that can not be repaired. Any further DC causes the same.

This applies ONLY until the first hook, OR the first generator popped.

ON THE HOOK:

Struggle phase should be automatic. Players can stop struggling to give up by hitting a certain button once.

MORI:

Moris should be a visual bonus, not more. People are handling these offerings wrong on both sides, so they definately need a rework.

Any player should be moriable who have been hooked once. The method as follows.

-         Once the killer initiates the mori, it can not be cancelled.

-         Once the mori action initiated, the animation turns into a struggling phase (Yes, a little animation work will be necessary here, like the Myers choke grab or something).

-         During the struggling phase, both sides have to complete several skill-checks. The skill-checks are the same for killer and survivor; quick ones, one by another, getting faster, smaller, reverse to force the players make mistakes.

If both players manage to hit or miss the same skill-check, the duel continues.

When the killer succeeds and the survivor misses, the mori gets finished.

When the survivor succeeds and the killer misses, the killer gets stunned, drops the survivor and the chase could continue.

In case the same survivor goes down again, the killer must hook him/her before trying the mori again.

Perk related moris (rancor, devour) does not require skill-checks to complete.

Mori offerings does not require skillcheck to complete on survivors have been hooked TWICE. (Cypress mori could be completed with 0 hooks).

Hopefully these modifications can reduce the frustration around mories.

KEYS:

Broken key remains the same.

Dull key could be used to open the hatch only after the endgame collapse started.

Skeleton key could be used to open the hatch and escape the trial for its owner ONLY!

EXIT GATES:

Exit gates must spawn with a minimum distance between them/opposite wall, to provide a chance to open them. Standing in one spot as killer and monitor both gates is just simply unacceptable.

Barbecue & Chilli:

I would split this perk for two individual ones

Barbeque and Chili for aura reading ability.

Chill and Barbeque for bloodpoint stack.

POINT SYSTEM:

4k as killer, escaping as a survivor is often a depip, that is unacceptable. Both should grant a safetypip as a minimum, no matter how it was achieved.

RANK SYSTEM:

We all know that rank does not mean anything in its current form. Since it should represent how do you play, how often do you play, so it need a rework. At the same time fixing the matchmaking, i would do the following.

-         Terminate the monthly rank re-set.

-         Set all player rank to level 10. (New players starting at level 10 also)

From this point you can rank up if you play, if you play well, de-rank if you dont play or play badly. Staying away for the game for a while would cause you loose rank, certain pips during certain time. The drop would be bigger on higher ranks than lower ranks, obviously. I would also add pips for rank one, so you would be able to keep your highest rank for a couple of days without playing if you need to take a break.

MATCHMAKING (what else?):

Lets pretend that the numbers of the point system/rank sytem has been fixed in general already. Im afraid you can not avoid to split the playerbase into two type of matchmaking.

-         Quickmatch/Casual matchmaking

During matchmaking you got paired with random players from the SAME region (yes, time to get rid of VPNs). The result of the trial does not affect your rank. Bloodpoint gain is default, solo queue only.

-         Ranked matchmaking

During matchmaking you got paired with players from the same region, in rank as close as possible. 2-3-4 SWFs could play ranked only but solos could join too. The result of the trial has effect on your rank. Killer gains 2x, 3x, 4x bloodpoints after each SWF member killed. Solo bloodpoint gain is normal.

Hopefully you will find the synergy between my lines. If you find collision anywhere, let me know to think it over. Thank you for your time reading.

Cheers!

Comments

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Offerings:

I disagree here. If the whole survivor team burned offerings that make the hooks spawn further apart, I want to know that. I don't want to get into the game, down someone, pick them up and then find out the hard way that my nearest hook is a tile away or more.

DC penalty: Sounds good.

On the Hook: Change it to press and hold a button for ~1 second to give up in struggle phase and I'm on board. Your survivor shouldn't give up because you accidentally bumped your keyboard/controller.

Mori: I think you are over thinking this. Ebony and Ivory just need to be only useable on people who have reached struggle phase. Cypress can stay the same. That way Mori's still have some utility of avoiding DS/Flashlights/Sabo and not having to walk but the survivors don't feel like they got robbed of one of their "lives".

Also... as cool as your Mori idea is... no killer would ever use them ever again. The mechanic you laid out sounds like it could easily backfire on the killer either by letting the survivor go or just by locking the Killer into a 1v1 struggle thing where the Killer is losing out because all the other survivors are perfectly capable of doing other things while it is going on.

Keys: That would probably work. I was thinking they should nerf keys by making hatch only show up if Gens left + Survivors left = 3 instead of the current 4 (overridden if there's only 1 survivor left of course)... and also make it so Keys can't reopen a stomped hatch. But I don't dislike your idea. Yours might be a little hard to communicate? Maybe? Idk.

Exit Gates: Yep.

BBQ and Chilli: No. The perk is fine. They do however need to add another effect to We're Gonna Live Forever though so both sides aren't burning a perk slot for more points.

Everything else seems fine, though I seriously doubt that the DbD devs will put in casual/ranked queue. Like... they're just not going to do it. There's not even a really good reason to do it because on the gameplay side of things... nothing changes.

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

So, destroy barbque and chilli by turning it into

Perk A: Supports camping if you dont see people, offers no other benefit.

Perk B: a bloodpoint sink required for farming but requiring going in with 3 perks.

And nerf moris by making them waste tremendous amounts of time and have them BACKFIRE.

What do survivors give up for these major bonuses

Keys work only for the user now, easier struggle phase, further spread gates what???

I understand what you are trying to do but you gave ridiculous nerfs to killers and majir buffs to survivors. It feels rather onesided. Maybe im overthinking it

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

I totally disagree on the bbq part and idk why this is to you a problematic perk because this game need to give more bloodpoints to the player if they are going to release more dlc's. The grind is already annoying enough.

And with the mori part, survivors are supposed to be the only side that has to deal with skillchecks. Maybe make a mori only avaible during the late game, so survivors still can play the game. So maybe 15 min or 20 min in a match then you can use the mori?

On the other things i agree

• SquirrelKnight

Ooh, how about once the last gen is done the killer can mori

• bingbongboi90

Then it would be pretty much rancor on steroids. Maybe only when endgame collapse start so the killer might actually open the gate by themself to get the mori powers. But i think a lot of survivors will complain that noob killers will use this with noed.

• SquirrelKnight

Oh yeah, that makes sense, hey, heres a hilarious idea, let noed also mori ppl downed by it for maximum salt

• bingbongboi90

But personally I think they want to do something similar with the new pyramid head. Maybe pyramid head is a test version for their new mori system. And I would enjoy to see survivors getting moried by noed (maybe as an april fools joke)

• SquirrelKnight

Id love a mori system that was fun for both sides. However by the nature that isnt gonna happen, hopefullly these new moris will be less complained about