Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

MMR Matchmaking - With the score being invisible, how do we even know it works?

Raccoon
Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Without MMR being displayed, MMR win conditions not being clarified, and no way of knowing the MMR of the people I just played, how would I know it's working and that I'm facing appropriate opponents?

Comments

• OldWiseOne
    OldWiseOne Member Posts: 159

well the games will be hard, i dont expect to ever see a survivor that cant loop unless its a swf. its no different if you know theyre good/bad now, you can just tell by their playstyle

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Just, just believe in bhvr! Like we did all the time previously! I mean, they obviously proved to us that they know how to do proper ranking and matchmaking, right?

Fr, hidden MMR is 100% just a cover-up for a flawed system. And whenever the community complains about broken matchmaking the devs will put out this card: "well, WE have the number and it's working as supposed. YOU don't have the number so better trust us or stay mad"

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I would think that matches would feel more consistent eventually as time passes and players fall in to place.

If you are god tier, you will be matched with/against other god tiers. If you are potato tier,which I'm guessing 90% of the playerbase is 😂(i potato), then you will be matched with potatoes.

Matches would hopefully start to feel close, instead of one side getting decimated by the flames of hell.

• Raccoon

I really don't think it's fair to roll out a system without explaining how it works beforehand.

I'd like an opportunity to adjust/review my gameplay if necessary (IE Does it work similar to emblems? Just count kills/escapes? Both? etc)

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273

If it works then you will be matched with players of similar skill to you.

• Parallax
    Parallax Member Posts: 273

I honestly don't know how skill is determined, I doubt it's possible to determine skill autonomously.

But if it does work, it would probably be easy to tell based on who you're matched with.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Exactly why people have complained about it. Now you can't point out how bad the matchmaking is because you don't even get to see it.

• NotDBD
    NotDBD Member Posts: 182

Yeah I hope they let us know in some regard. It would be a nice touch to give the information :)

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

The momemt we know how they are determining ratings, we will modify our behavior to influence our ratings. It seems they don't want us to do this and to just fall naturally in place over time.

In a simplified example, If i know X is going to boost my rating, I could just only focus on X now and not care about anything else. If X is to drop 10 pallets every game. Ppl will focus on dropping 10 pallets whether they are in a chase or not.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Is there an MMR update? I can't find info about this change.

• Raccoon

If they base it on something that you're currently not doing/good at, your matches will get crappier and crappier without you knowing why.

• OBX
    OBX Member Posts: 854

The magic of the Wiley coyote scheme is that a player can’t see it. There doesn’t even have to in fact be a rank..... a placebo effect is all that’s needed. Problem is that folks who have played this game for more than about 10 minutes will know the caliber of their opponent/s very quickly. Hidden ranks, visible ranks mean absolutely nothing if there isn’t an adequate ratio of killers and survivors. The kool aide will be flowing

• Raccoon