Is Vigil a good perk?

I'm deciding if I should buy Quentin Smith and adding one of his perks to my lineup. I play as David King and my perks are:
Bond
WGLF
Dead Hard
Dance With Me

Comments

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

Vigil is shït after the exhaustion nerf who even uses it anymore

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    No. However I find Pharmacy and Wake Up to be pretty cool. (People tend to call Wake Up garbage, but using that and sponging Leader off of someone makes for a pretty quick gate opening)
  • Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32
    Damn what a disappointment. If his perks are so bad, I don't understand why they don't buff them a bit.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

Is 8 seconds less of 40 second Exhaustion enough for you?

• Denson381
    Denson381 Member Posts: 32

Is 8 seconds less of 40 second Exhaustion enough for you?

Well I don't know. That's why I was asking.
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

Not anymore

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

@Denson381 said:
    I'm deciding if I should buy Quentin Smith and adding one of his perks to my lineup. I play as David King and my perks are:
    Bond
    WGLF
    Dead Hard
    Dance With Me

If you;re good at losing the killer after using the exhaustion and being chased it can be decent. You just have to play around your exhaustion. As for the other status ailments idk. I never get matches vs those killers.

• CrtKazz
    CrtKazz Member Posts: 214
    Quentin’s perks are awesome if you like to play more of a support for your team. Wake up is great for objective based/team builds because it’s more for the aura reading for show teammates where to go while they are in a chase distracting the killer or going for a save. Pharmacy is great for addition/substitute for self care. And Vigil is still a great perk even with the nerf, don’t forget it helps get rid of those status affects quicker which can save your life. Also if you buy the DLC Freddy’s perks are super fun too and look like they will go perfect with the new killer, The Spirit’s” perks too 😬
  • Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383

Just play support build!

Leader, Vigil, Bond/Empathy, Streetwise.

YOU GONNA HELP ALL OF THEM

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    edited August 2018
    Wake Up is a decent perk. Revealing the exits doesn't matter to me on indoor maps because there are exit signs. It's really great for people who forget where the gates are. The opening speed should be the main focus for bringing it though. This perk can backfire as I've had allies run to my aura w/ the killer and arrived before the door opened.

Pharmacy is actually a nicer perk than most think. The Medkit it guarantees will ALWAYS be green rarity so you can farm the living crap out of them. The faster and quieter chest searches mainly apply to Plunderer's builds though. Make sure you mention you have Pharmacy before the match otherwise your allies might loot all 3 chests before you, resulting in a wasted perk slot.

Vigil is sadly a bad perk. To be fair it does reduce the debuff duration for all debuffs. However, one quick look back will reveal that more often than not debuffs are channel based.
    Scenarios where Vigil helps:
    - Exhaustion Perks
    - Maybe the "Broken" effect (in ptb)
    - Huntress hatchet add-ons
    - Certain chainsaw add-ons
    - Might affect Madness loss (Unsure)
    - Might affect Afterpiece tonic (Unsure)

Scenarios where Vigil is useless:
    - When you are Exposed
    - Mangled and Hemhorrage from Butcher
    - Effects from RBT add-ons
    - Blindness from Third Seal

While getting rid of debuffs is decent the radius could screw you if you're running a stealth build as your team will likely try to make use of Vigil if debuffed. Even if they are louder than you.

Overall his perks are mostly gimmicks. Wake Up for "Gen Jockeys", Pharmacy for Medics, and Vigil for Loopers.