Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC Bug hooking survivor - killer can't use power/interact in any way and slower, surv frozen on hook

Jimmy22666
Jimmy22666 Member Posts: 6

It seems like a tough one to reproduce but it's happened to me twice since I came back to dbd this week.

All I can say is that they both happened whilst or immediately after I was hooking a survivor. I believe I also pressed space/hook from an unusual angle but I've no idea if that's relevant.

The survivor was left frozen mid animation gripping the hook with both hands and never deteriorated.

The killer could no longer use their power, vault, kick gens, open lockers etc. The killer also moved significantly slower (as if carrying a surv but there was apparently no indication of that in the model).

Attempting to use the killer power, and I believe all the other actions, looked like it would work (I'd raise my bell as wraith for instance) but the action bar never filled in whatsoever and it stopped immediately so it was like a misfire. I was still given the prompts/buttons to interact with the world but nothing at all would happen if I tried.

Eventually I was allowed to pick up another survivor which fixed the issues on the killer side and was able to act normally again. Once everyone was dead though, the frozen survivor was still there - no end game collapse, no struggle. They had to dc to let the match finish.

Additional information

• It's happened to me on wraith and either billy/myers (can't remember). Happened to someone in lobby as deathslinger so I don't think it's killer dependant.
  • It happened with multiple perk builds.... if there was anything in common, it'd be nurse's calling
  • It happened in multiple maps. This one wason the wretched shop... I feel like the last one was an autohaven map as well, possibly gas heaven but I'm really not sure on that, hopefully in the logs
  • It's happened to me twice since I started playing again a week or so ago but never before that

Sadly I didn't take any screenshots/video of the bug but I grabbed some of the end game screen for a little more info as well as the perks etc.

I hope this is helpful/useful in some way... Now that I know how to report a bug, I'll make sure to record more evidence if it happens again.

3 votes

Pending · Last Updated

Comments

• ladybutts
    ladybutts Member Posts: 1

Has happened to me several times no matter what console I play on :/

• Nhamyr
    Nhamyr Member Posts: 11

Had this happen two times in a row today one game with Clown one with Oni. Had to dc in both of them, not even EGC would end the game. Had that ######### happen to me a few weeks back aswell. I know the current situation makes things harder to fix but pls this ######### is gamebreaking and needs to be adressed and I am not even bitching about balancing issues here. These bugs wont end games and I had people refuse to see why they need to dc those games and I keep to get the dc penalty.

TL;DR had same ######### happen multiple times, pls fix fast. Have a nice day!

• Kraken_NYY_24
    Kraken_NYY_24 Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2020

I've had this happen twice since I've been back. Once as Pyramid Head (before mid chapter update) and now the Wraith (after mid chapter update). I wanted to let everyone know who looks at this is its still a ongoing bug. The only way to end the game is for the survivir or the killer to dc. Idk What causes it but it seems to happen when the survivor is partially off the hook and floating in the air. So far its been both on the auto wreckers map I belive. Idk which one. I hope this gets patched soon cause this is game breaking. It forces a killer or survivor to dc losing all bloodpoints.

Edit: I forgot to say that I play on Xbox. This seems to happen on all platforms.