The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Since when is "Tunneling" a valid complaint?

I play both sides equally and I have to say I don't agree with people complaining about "tunneling" if a killer has a mori there's clearly more motivation to do it but even without it. A killer is a predator and predators often go for the weaker prey just like in the animal kingdom a less skilled evader will often prove to be an easier kill. It makes sense and is hard wired into the very concept of being a predator in the first place. Camping absolutely sucks and rage quitters should burn in hell especially the toxic one's who bm then DC when they get downed. There are plenty of valid arguments out there on both sides but sorry "tunneling" is not one of them. I don't know why some of you put it out there like it's even worth complaining about when it sounds more like excuses for getting outplayed. I've even seen survivors complaining about killers getting 4k instead of 3k and carry last one to the hatch and actually make a thing of it like "Try harding instead of carrying last one to hatch" honestly it's comments like that where I sympathize more with killers. I love both sides but some survivors out there are really self entitled and come up with really stupid reasons to attack the killer post match. Even saw one of my team mates threatening to report the killer for tunneling like wth guys? I feel like there are proper little kids playing this game?

Comments

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

I don't think it's a valid complaint. But people do it anyways. I'd blame the teammates more as generally tunneling happens because they saved the person at a bad time, like when the killer is too close. It's just the salt talking though because they feel like they are being specifically targeted which is true, and they don't like being smacked down and chased constantly and not being able to do much in the game they got into.

Someone asked me why the tunnel once. I just told them I was doing my job as the killer, and it's much faster to kill someone than waiting out the timer if I give them enough breathing room to be saved but not enough for me not to just chase them and knock them down again.

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190
    People usually say noob when i got 3k or 4k
    And that is stupid af.it's time to stop
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    It's not like a survivor would go for a gen that is 90% finished instead of a fresh gen, or would they?
    Mmhhh
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Tsulan said:
    It's not like a survivor would go for a gen that is 90% finished instead of a fresh gen, or would they?
    Mmhhh
    Depends on where the killer is hanging out. Risk assessment 
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    edited August 2018
    Valid in what sense? It's "valid" to complain that being tunneled is not fun, especially when you're facing a killer that can teleport or has great mobility. And yes, being mori'd two minutes into a match because you happened to be seen by the killer right at the start is not fun either. If you do things that are not fun or cut the game short for the other side then you'll need to accept that you're possibly going to get salt. Feel free to ignore it.

I'm not sure what you want. If you don't want people complaining to you when they lose or you use strategies that stifle their fun then don't play competitive multiplayer games. People message me crap all the time. If I'm in the mood I'll argue back, if what they're saying crosses the line I report them, if I don't care I'll either ignore it or send them "lol." Idk them, they don't know me. Their salty msgs saying I'm bad at a game because I killed them or escaped are laughable, and even if I was bad or had a bad game, that has no bearing on me as a person.

You cannot change anyone else, you can only change your reaction to them.
  • Tsulan
    HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:
    Mmhhh
    Survivors camp gens. If the gen is almost finished, I guarantee you that there's a survivor nearby just waiting that the killer leaves.
  • HeroLives
    @Tsulan
    the beginning of the match and the very end of the match most likely. However I don’t at the end especially if I see the killer is babysitting the most progressed gen. It’s all about reading. 
  • deadbydaylightfan
    deadbydaylightfan Member Posts: 262
    Think of it like this the killer is gone your teammate unhooks you your off and run with your teammate for heals killer comes back so you teammate tries to lure him away but they completely ignore them and go for you even though they could hit that person and just hit you instead even if your teammate is right in front of them your just targeted until your third hook it’s bs because you can’t do anything after your first hook or until you lose them and even then they’ll most likely go for you because your on your last hook. Another example would be camping and tunneling I.e your hit as your unhooked and instantly put back on it’s totally valid just because you want points you don’t need to ruin someone else’s gameplay with ######### tactics I play killer and never need to camp or tunnel because I know how ######### it is and what a boring play style it is is understand if you just got the game and aren’t confident in letting the kill you worked for get away but you have to look on both sides not just yours.
  • deadbydaylightfan
    Tsulan said:
    HeroLives said:
    Tsulan said:
    Mmhhh
    Survivors camp gens. If the gen is almost finished, I guarantee you that there's a survivor nearby just waiting that the killer leaves.
    What are they gonna do? Not do the gen because they’ll escape your right they shouldn’t do that it’s not like it’s their main objective to do them no they should just let the killer get the kill too while there at it I don’t get how some killers and survivors on this forum want ezpz games it’s supposed to be a challenge on both sides there no such thing as “camping gens” it’s called doing gens
  • Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    What are they gonna do? Not do the gen because they’ll escape your right they shouldn’t do that it’s not like it’s their main objective to do them no they should just let the killer get the kill too while there at it I don’t get how some killers and survivors on this forum want ezpz games it’s supposed to be a challenge on both sides there no such thing as “camping gens” it’s called doing gens

Way to miss the point.

• Anzi130
    Anzi130 Member Posts: 51
    I Think its worse when your teammate unhook you right In front of the killer and the killer puts you in the dying State right as you are off the hook, only to hook you again.. as a killer i always target the unhooker, because it isnt the hooked survivors fault that they were that stupid..
  • deadbydaylightfan
    Anzi130 said:
    I Think its worse when your teammate unhook you right In front of the killer and the killer puts you in the dying State right as you are off the hook, only to hook you again.. as a killer i always target the unhooker, because it isnt the hooked survivors fault that they were that stupid..
    Exactly
  • Orion

@Anzi130 said:

Indeed it's not, but it's not the Killer's fault either. If you don't want to get hook farmed, don't end up on a hook. I always expect to be hook farmed and/or camped when I get hooked.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Think of it like this the killer is gone your teammate unhooks you your off and run with your teammate for heals killer comes back so you teammate tries to lure him away but they completely ignore them and go for you even though they could hit that person and just hit you instead even if your teammate is right in front of them your just targeted until your third hook it’s bs because you can’t do anything after your first hook or until you lose them and even then they’ll most likely go for you because your on your last hook. Another example would be camping and tunneling I.e your hit as your unhooked and instantly put back on it’s totally valid just because you want points you don’t need to ruin someone else’s gameplay with ######### tactics I play killer and never need to camp or tunnel because I know how ######### it is and what a boring play style it is is understand if you just got the game and aren’t confident in letting the kill you worked for get away but you have to look on both sides not just yours.

Survivors don't look on both sides and try to loop the killer as much as they can while their teammates genrush the killer.

Why is it the killer who has to do everything? Why can't survivors be nice and not do generators or leave their generators at %50 and do another generator?

It is because it is bullshit to leave your genny and do another genny. Genrushing ruins killers' games while tunneling ruins survivors' games. One side will be unhappy regardless.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2018
    myself, i just quit when tunneled as a survivor.  better things to do with my time than be someone's toy.  
    "Aw, I get tunneled by killer! Its unacceptable, so I RQ, and give killer who tunneled me almost free win against other 3 survs, who now don't have enough time to repair gens. And also, Iam not gonna get BP nor pip, but I don't care anyway. BECAUSE MY FREAKIN PRIDE GOT HURT!"
    Post edited by Rattman on
  • deadbydaylightfan
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Survivors don't look on both sides and try to loop the killer as much as they can while their teammates genrush the killer.

Why is it the killer who has to do everything? Why can't survivors be nice and not do generators or leave their generators at %50 and do another generator?

It is because it is bullshit to leave your genny and do another genny. Genrushing ruins killers' games while tunneling ruins survivors' games. One side will be unhappy regardless.

Because think about it like this you got homework and only do fifty percent of it and then waited until the next day to do the other half why would you do that when you could easily get it done then and there I agree with with the gen rush though I wouldn’t mind if the devs buff the time of gens to 100 second instead of 80 because when I play I do feel they are done fast and when I play survivor but I don’t think it’s logical to do something nice for someone who’s goal is to hunt you down and kill you it doesn’t really make sense but I do understand where your coming from
  • Delfador

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Because think about it like this you got homework and only do fifty percent of it and then waited until the next day to do the other half why would you do that when you could easily get it done then and there I agree with with the gen rush though I wouldn’t mind if the devs buff the time of gens to 100 second instead of 80 because when I play I do feel they are done fast and when I play survivor but I don’t think it’s logical to do something nice for someone who’s goal is to hunt you down and kill you it doesn’t really make sense but I do understand where your coming from

You didn't understand me at all.

I asked that question because it is more or less the same thing with tunneling the injured guy. You hooked him and if you can hook him 2 more times there will be 3 people left. Besides, you need to hit him once to down him while it takes 2 hits to down other healthy survivors. Sure getting tunneled is not fun for the survivors but getting genrushed is not fun for the killer as well. Why does killer have to think about survivors' fun while survivors don't give a crap about killer and genrush him?

Hooking 3 different people means nothing while hooking the same person ensures a kill. Completing %50 of all generators means nothing while completing %100 of 5 gens allow you to escape. You can't ######### about both of these situations.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088
    edited August 2018
    There is some types of tunneling. The only ones I dislike:
    1) Killer let go survivor he chases right now, as he notices other survivor got unhooked. Then killer go SIGNIFICANT amount of map to hook and then tunnels.
    2) Hard camp+tunneling. With exception that killer don't know if there are other survs nearby or not. He camps cause he can, not because of situation.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Vankruze said:
    I play both sides equally and I have to say I don't agree with people complaining about "tunneling" if a killer has a mori there's clearly more motivation to do it but even without it. A killer is a predator and predators often go for the weaker prey just like in the animal kingdom a less skilled evader will often prove to be an easier kill. It makes sense and is hard wired into the very concept of being a predator in the first place. Camping absolutely sucks and rage quitters should burn in hell especially the toxic one's who bm then DC when they get downed. There are plenty of valid arguments out there on both sides but sorry "tunneling" is not one of them. I don't know why some of you put it out there like it's even worth complaining about when it sounds more like excuses for getting outplayed. I've even seen survivors complaining about killers getting 4k instead of 3k and carry last one to the hatch and actually make a thing of it like "Try harding instead of carrying last one to hatch" honestly it's comments like that where I sympathize more with killers. I love both sides but some survivors out there are really self entitled and come up with really stupid reasons to attack the killer post match. Even saw one of my team mates threatening to report the killer for tunneling like wth guys? I feel like there are proper little kids playing this game?

Tunneling is either your mates fault if they unhook you infront of the killer or you can blame yourself for not being able to hide from the killer.

For the killer though, tunneling is just common sense.

As a survivor you alwasy walk back to the gen you started and wouldnt leave a gen at 70% to start a new one, would you?

• deadbydaylightfan
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

I asked that question because it is more or less the same thing with tunneling the injured guy. You hooked him and if you can hook him 2 more times there will be 3 people left. Besides, you need to hit him once to down him while it takes 2 hits to down other healthy survivors. Sure getting tunneled is not fun for the survivors but getting genrushed is not fun for the killer as well. Why does killer have to think about survivors' fun while survivors don't give a crap about killer and genrush him?

Hooking 3 different people means nothing while hooking the same person ensures a kill. Completing %50 of all generators means nothing while completing %100 of 5 gens allow you to escape. You can't ######### about both of these situations.

That’s not what I mean the reason gen rushs are a thing is because the dev implemented a set time for them to be done quick and it’s an objective just like how a killer objective is to hook survivors you could say “you can’t ######### about both of these situations” when in reality that’s what you just did by saying “why does the killer have to think about survivors fun” it’s a double standard both sides have a valid argument killers have to hook and survivors have to do gens there’s no why should I care because both sides can say this. I can see why tunneling is a thing but it doesn’t mean it’s not a ######### thing to do same as camping or gen rushing but adleast you can get hex ruin or overcharge to avoid it and you could borrowed time can avoid it but your in the dying state when the timer runs out and if the killer tunneled you before they’re gonna do it again so it’s not really avoidable for survivors
  • Orion

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    That’s not what I mean the reason gen rushs are a thing is because the dev implemented a set time for them to be done quick and it’s an objective just like how a killer objective is to hook survivors you could say “you can’t ######### about both of these situations” when in reality that’s what you just did by saying “why does the killer have to think about survivors fun” it’s a double standard both sides have a valid argument killers have to hook and survivors have to do gens there’s no why should I care because both sides can say this. I can see why tunneling is a thing but it doesn’t mean it’s not a ######### thing to do same as camping or gen rushing but adleast you can get hex ruin or overcharge to avoid it and you could borrowed time can avoid it but your in the dying state when the timer runs out and if the killer tunneled you before they’re gonna do it again so it’s not really avoidable for survivors

Google "run-on sentences" and use some periods, for the love of English.

• deadbydaylightfan
    edited August 2018
    Orion said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Google "run-on sentences" and use some periods, for the love of English.

I don’t really use grammar properly while texting, sorry
  • HeroLives
    It absolutely sucks to be tunneled. It’s not a valid complaint though. I prefer the campers or tunnelers bc I find they are a lot less skilled at the game usually vs killers who don’t do either. Also if I’m solo que then 50/50 chance at surviving Bc camping or tunneling is better than 1/4  when they don’t. 
  • S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

I always try to NOT tunneling. If a surv got unhooked, i also went over there but i chase the one who unhooks the hooking one. When i get "make your choice" in bloodweb i een have a reason to do that. Meanwhile I just do it because i like fair play. I also dont camp if i dont need to. (I also did when exit gate and two survs on a hook near the exit hang around there - but in that case it would just be stupid to not camp, because they could jump from hook into the open exit)

I just tunnel people that do something I dont accept. One guy sabotaged an event hook. he was the only one who hadnt dropped a invitation for bbq of course. I was not near, i was not even in match because it just started. So no reason for that guy to sabotage an event hook. He could do it with every other hook, but he chosses the event hook. That was an attack on me, my invitaion and my bonuspoints - so my event fun.

Lucky me had a Survivor Fight Club (4 swf that always around the killer to troll, unhook reight behind me and stuff like that) so that guy was unhooked really fast and he was out of the game around 2-3 mins after it started. I tunneld him really reallly bad for his attack on my Event-Fun. And i would do it again.

But otherwise I belong to that what survs call a "fair killer" - that also means at rank 13 I just loose every surv to an exit and end alot of rounds in 0 Kill or 1 Kill. Maybe Im just a bad killer, or I should be more "unfair" and get the salt for that. Who knows... ?

• Delfador

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

You actively try to not understand me and I don't see this discussion leading anywhere so this will be my last post for you.

There is no ######### thing in game's mechanics.

No, genrushing is not a ######### thing to do it is survivors' objective and faster you complete your objective, more chance for you to win.

Again no, tunneling is not a ######### thing to do, killing survivors is killers' objective and faster you kill your targets, more chance for you to win.

It's not double standards because I don't expect the killer to not tunnel me when I play survivor and I don't expect survivors to not gen rush me when I play killer. Both of them are concepts and I just acknowledge and deal with it.

If you are not okay with tunneling, just do the generators and get out as 3 men. If you are the one who is being tunneled, get better at the game and learn ways to lose the killer or loop him to the end of the match and escape.

• Shadopaw
    Shadopaw Member Posts: 34

Sorry But as a Killer Player..
    Easier Pray is always the thing to go for...
    Its the same reason I run Nurses calling and Deertracker on Pig.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Equip a stealth build if you dont wanna be tunneled. Stealth is the most efficient counter to tunneling.
    BT only helps against camping, I thought we talk about tunneling?

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

It isn't. Its a valid strategy.

• Cass
    Cass Member Posts: 47

@Rattman said:
    There is some types of tunneling. The only ones I dislike:
    1) Killer let go survivor he chases right now, as he notices other survivor got unhooked. Then killer go SIGNIFICANT amount of map to hook and then tunnels.
    2) Hard camp+tunneling. With exception that killer don't know if there are other survs nearby or not. He camps cause he can, not because of situation.

About 1). Signficant distance might feel that way. But sometimes a hook is in a corner of a map and as a killer you have pretty good view on narrowing that part down. When a survivor gets unhooked you know for sure at least 2 survivors are in that area. If lucky 3 and they will be healing which is useful with nurse callings.

I do this strategy at times. But I don't always tunnel the unhooked because when survivors scatter you can spot a bit by their movement if they will be outrunning you or easier prey.

Also I play mostly pig so I want to beartrap as many as possible :)

• Boomer
    Boomer Member Posts: 34
    edited August 2018

I had a 4DS Rank1 team game as killer earlier today. I had to tunnel 1 of them because the whole team was just BMing non stop and I got so much salt. They actually compared 4 DS SWF to BBQ and Chili like it made it = smh. After I got a 3k they were so salty that I tunneled 1 of them (No Camp). People that play only Survivor and have never hit rank 1 killer in the last 6 months have no clue. Try Rank 1 Survivor and Killer every season, or just 1 season, and then come back to me and explain how DS isn't a big deal on all 4 survivors.

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

@Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

Delfador said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:

You actively try to not understand me and I don't see this discussion leading anywhere so this will be my last post for you.

There is no ######### thing in game's mechanics.

No, genrushing is not a ######### thing to do it is survivors' objective and faster you complete your objective, more chance for you to win.

Again no, tunneling is not a ######### thing to do, killing survivors is killers' objective and faster you kill your targets, more chance for you to win.

It's not double standards because I don't expect the killer to not tunnel me when I play survivor and I don't expect survivors to not gen rush me when I play killer. Both of them are concepts and I just acknowledge and deal with it.

If you are not okay with tunneling, just do the generators and get out as 3 men. If you are the one who is being tunneled, get better at the game and learn ways to lose the killer or loop him to the end of the match and escape.

If they don't get it by now they aren't gonna.. Kudos to you for trying though, some people are just oblivious.

• Tsulan

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Tsulan said:

HeroLives said:

Tsulan said:

Mmhhh

sigh
    So you are ok with the killer tunneling and camping, since it´s his only objective?
    Because that´s exactly what i said about gens.

• Action_Jaxon
    Action_Jaxon Member Posts: 73

@Tsulan said:

@deadbydaylightfan said:
    Tsulan said:

HeroLives said:

Tsulan said:

Mmhhh

sigh
    So you are ok with the killer tunneling and camping, since it´s his only objective?
    Because that´s exactly what i said about gens.

Think you're fighting a uphill battle on this one bud, the reading and comprehension skills don't seem strong with this one.

• dannyfrog87
    dannyfrog87 Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2018

@SovererignKing said:
    BloodyNights said:

I don't think it's a valid complaint. But people do it anyways. I'd blame the teammates more as generally tunneling happens because they saved the person at a bad time, like when the killer is too close. It's just the salt talking though because they feel like they are being specifically targeted which is true, and they don't like being smacked down and chased constantly and not being able to do much in the game they got into.

Someone asked me why the tunnel once. I just told them I was doing my job as the killer, and it's much faster to kill someone than waiting out the timer if I give them enough breathing room to be saved but not enough for me not to just chase them and knock them down again.

This is true mostly. A lot of Survivors have that mentality of “blame the Killer” rather than their own team mates who rush the hook. They get yanked off the hook 5 seconds after I put them on it... what am I supposed to do? Blatantly ignore them? They say “punish the guy doing the unhook then and chase him!” 

Ummm... that’s not how it works. If I chase him, he get benevolent score points toward his emblem and a free 1500 BP. If I chase you down again, he loses his benevolent score toward his emblem. As well as it decreases his odds of survival if you die quickly, as that’s one less pair of hands on gens. 

He wins if I chase him. So I’m going to chase you for the obvious reasons, but also to punish him. Blame your team mates, not the Killer.

yep i had this crap blaming me when i was myers with ew3 addons to gain evil faster. the morons kept bum rushing the hook but that was my fault. tried to explain nope im a camper with the exit gates open, their own dumbass fault for letting me stalk them with enough evil too kill at least 2 of them. cant fix stupid i suppose lol

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    I don't get this either. It's logical to go after an injured player. Does it make for a fun experience probably not but neither do flashlights and those are practical. 
  • Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

It’s only okay if it works, if not; the person doing is BY DEFINITION stupid. Literally.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Jack11803 said:

It’s only okay if it works, if not; the person doing is BY DEFINITION stupid. Literally.

Exactly. Don’t tunnel the DS tea-baggger and all that. Do tunnel his weak SWF girlfriend or something that sucks at the game. Pick off the weak links first, then Cupe De Grace.