Console Optimization

When are Devs going to mention something about this? It’s been since December 2018 that we were told that it was going to be optimized then. I really hate when anyone brings up Console Optimization they always say “we are looking to Optimize on all Platforms.” How about looking at the platforms that REALLY need it. I hate when I go against spirit, the game will run at 30 FPS, add in a map like Ormond, Lerys, Hawkins or any of the Yamaoka maps, it tends to be a free escape for the survivors because it runs like ass on the killers side. Demo, Hag, Doctor, Spirit and Nurse become unplayable because of how the game is Optimized. I also dislike how they keep saying, “It’s an ongoing Process”, I get that but how about an update on that, please stop copying and pasting responses. This game is really popular on Xbox and I would hate for it to die and get a lot of hate because of how it runs. I would switch to PC but there is no cross Progression.

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,793

I feel like they're going to need to do a big optimization pass with the upcoming graphics overhaul. I hope it's not something only PS4 Pro/Xbox X or next gen systems can take advantage of

• BBQnDemogorgon
    BBQnDemogorgon Member Posts: 3,615

Optimization? That's the next gen console version most likely.

Because its been years of promises but no progress on that part

• javimasilla
    javimasilla Member Posts: 12

Soon™

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

they're too busy working on their next patch of wallet squeeze outfits, get the mobile version and you'll see the sad reality of a phone running this game on 60 fps

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I believe the cosmetics team operates separately to the optimization team.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,767

This. The huge Graphics update & crossplay are due out by the end of the year. The next gen consoles are due out by the end of the year. Where would you put your resources into?

PS4 and Xbox1 yeah well shame about those frames and ping & latency but see yaaaaaaaaaaaa.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

hey remember that "optimize consoles" twitter account? that the dbd twitter responded to and said they're always trying to improve it? fun times.

please upload all optimisation related here (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/optimization) in as much detail as possible, including specs, steps for reproduction, and the exact issues. for example, saying "fps bad" doesn't help at all, whilst "i play on the PS4 and whenever bloodlust activates in a chase the screen froze. i was playing on Grim Pantry with Doctor, and it happened just as I began to swing".

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303

The regular ps4 and Xbox have the power to handle the graphics fine. It's really messed up they won't put it to use, and instead give us a half-assed version. Buying this on console compared to PC is like buying a bag of Doritos, but they filled it with wal-mart brand nacho tortilla chips...

• dastru
    dastru Member Posts: 165

i just feel its shady as fck that they have the nerve to keep selling auric cells for consoles if this game is going to be absolutely unplayable when the improved graphics update comes and they truly have no intentions on making this optimization

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602

At least for me on the xbox one x the games runs normally okay though lately its been pretty laggy and stuttering. But overall the game is not well optimized

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,764

I own it on the switch and play it on there, indeed. I prefer it since the fps is better than my current pc, just a shame there's no KB/M support because joy-con drift kills me inside.