Fun Facts about the DBD Community In Real Life

Unicorn
Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Hiiiiiiiiiii! πŸ˜ƒ

It is I, the Majestic Stallion back with another off-topic discussion.

I'm really interested in some of my peers & would like to know more about most of you. Lets drop some fun facts about ourselves in real life (whatever you're comfortable with sharing, of course) and have a wholesome magical discussion.

If you have a specific person you'd like to know fun facts about, TAG THEM! 😊

Here are my fun facts:

I'm a Girl in real life

I ADOREEEEE Anime

My favorite color is Lavender

I have a Pupper named Odie (he's a support/service animal) πŸ’œ

My favorite offline video game of all time is The Last Of Us

I have social anxiety in real-life which is why I love communicating with people through gaming/forums. Its so much more easier & comforting.

@Cornpopers_Evan is my Senpai πŸ’œ

I summon @GrootDude / @Cornpopers_Evan / @MegMain98 / @Poweas / @toxicnancymain / @NMCKE / @Peanits / @MandyTalk / @Mushwin / @Aven_Fallen / @Umbrae_pk / @Almo

(If I tagged you and you don't feel comfortable or just don't want to share fun facts feel free to ignore this!) πŸ’œ

Β«1

Comments

• Respectfulnancymain
    Respectfulnancymain Member Posts: 1,816
    edited June 2020

My life's pretty boring tbh but i have a few fun facts:

Im obbsesed with the color red

I have 2 cats who hate eachother

I played almost every single assassins creed game

I stopped playing apex legends so i have more time to play dbd

Im thinking about getting a pc if i could transfer my progress when crossplay relases

Favorite movies are definitely all the harry potter movies

I hate reading books

I bought animal crossing but my swtich broke before i could try it :(

Thats all i have

Im gonna tag : @LordGlint / @Boss / @PigMainClaudette / @Fibijean / @CheersTC / @Elk and @NinjaDette1

Edit: adding a few more facts:

I also just got a new puppyyyy

I skip majority of my online classes

Im 15 but people think im a 9 year old which is why i dont like talking when playing online😞

Post edited by Respectfulnancymain on
  • Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Thanks for tagging me @toxicnancymain

I'm a male

I have 3 roommates who all play Dead by Daylight, two of which play on PC and one of which plays on playstation.

My family have a cat named Bella and I had a dog named Bonni who died fairly young due to heart issues.

I'm a big fan of horror movies in general, however I usually hate horror comedies.

I love sports, most notably football/soccer, however I hate my countries national Sport (Being Gaeilic Football and Hurling).

I'm depressed due to a certain illness I have that will most likely lead to my death, yet I haven't changed anything about my daily life since then.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Oh okay, uhmm...

• Happily married.
    • Indigo's my favorite color.
    • Got a chubby cat who's way too kind for his own good.

I was never good at these.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360
    edited June 2020

My Favorite color is Blue, but more specificlly robin's egg blue. I've liked it ever sense I was a kid with an over-sized crayon box that had colors named after random stuff like "macaroni and cheese"

I'm an US Airforce Vet. Use to work on the avionic's systems for C-130s while stationed in Japan.

Huge anime lover (as I'm sure many of you are). I got hooked watching DBZ on toonami in the afternoons after school and have been watching anime since. Thank god its alot easier to find thanks to the power of the interwebz, lol.

I have a cat named Charlie who I named after this video... no prize for guessing how he earned his name

I'm a father of a 1 year old boy that's really good at knowing when I start a match because THAT'S when he decided he needs something, lol.

I partially snagged my username off a mech name from a game I use to play ALOT.

I'm the type of person who likes to play 1 game for a VERY long time and learn every aspect of it. Before DBD, it was Warframe with some on again off again for Overwatch. Before Warframe it was an MMORPG that turned into a HUGE pay to win by the name of Perfect World International.

Guess I'll tag...

@Divine_Confetti

• Respectfulnancymain

Wow your lifes much more intresting then mine, guess its cause Im still 15 so havent had much happen yet

• Cheers

I don't mind at all, Lung Cancer is the illness I have.

Still miss her, I probably mentioned my most unfun facts without talking about fun ones.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,360

Hardly, lol. Anymore I'm just a stay at home Dad who spends too much time online.

• Unicorn

Wowzers. Thats so cool that you're Married ^-^ πŸ’œ

Robin egg blue is the best blue!

I also played alot of Overwatch & Charlie bit your finger?! ;O

I'm literally so sad now :l I'm so sorry. Wish I could hug you in real life right now hun πŸ’”

You're such a great person, I've seen your comments around & have never deemed you anything other than a positive light here in the forums.

I hope nothing but the best for you, truly from the inner depths of my heart.

• Cheers

Thanks for saying that, it means alot.

Hope I make it through it all.

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I don't have much more to say tbh, I'm very straightforward, sorry.

• Unicorn

Its all good ^_^

As said above, say what you're okay with saying πŸ’œ

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

It is the best Unicorn in the whole wide world! πŸ’–

Some things about me:

My favorite color has been pink for over six years

My dream is to one day get happily married and become a stay at home father πŸ’–

I have a twin brother, another brother who is a year and a half younger than me and I have a sister twelve years younger than me

I’m gay πŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆπŸ³οΈβ€πŸŒˆ

I love cherry blossoms and really want one one day 🌸

Unicorns and Groot are some of my favorite things πŸ’–

My favorite food is veggie pizza with ranch

I am obsessed with ranch

@Cornpopers_Evan is everyone’s senpai 😁

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Here's some things about me! ❀

• Moderate the DBDM Discord Server
    • Enjoy Video Games
    • Plan on going to the National Guard
    • Loves Starbucks
    • Main Nurse on XB1
    • My gender is an attack helicopter (just kidding, I'm a boy)
  • Unicorn

Nurse on console? Commendable.

Also, identifying as an attack helicopter is TAXIC. Lol

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120

My first video game system was a Telstar Alpha.

I was a game programmer most years from 2000 to 2018 when I switched to game design on DbD. I started designing games at the age of around 8 by changing the rules for existing equipment, starting with Gabriel's Point-Blank.

I have a master's degree in physics, specialized in astrophysics. I like stellar mechanics in particular.

I released one game on AmiNet (Amiga shareware network), called "Tactrix!" It was a (very weird) chess variant. I released 4 shareware titles on Mac System 7 in the late 90s. A whack-a-mole style game called Fast Smack 'Em, an implementation of Othello for 2 players or one vs AI, Lazer Zone (remake of Jeff Minter classic shooter), and Hexaplex which was a board game designed by a friend which included an AI.

I made an iPhone game while at Ubisoft called Crystal Shuffle (sadly, it's off the market).

I also design boardgames; one is published, it's called "Linkage".

I have a crazy cat named "ThEO" (The Evil One).

My favorite video game is currently Rocket League. It used to be Ballblazer. DbD is in my top five though, I really like it a lot!

I like to customize my controls in most games. I use WERD to move in any game that normally uses WASD. I want QAZ available on my pinky for other functions, and if you're usually moving forward WR are more comfortable for strafing than SF would be. Invert Y is correct. Obviously. But not Invert X; that's nuts (Jak and Daxter forced that on its camera control).

Mains: Pig, Feng Min, Caitlyn, Sage, D.Va, Sgt. Hammer, Zerg (Starcraft I and II), Undead (Warcraft III), Chun Li (SFIICE), Lei Wulong, RoadKill (TM:B), Pai Chan. There are probably more.

I like Dub Techno (not to be confused with Dubstep).

• Unicorn

Omg I'm so excited you responded. This is so cool & I'm so jealous that you have so much experience in the video game industry.

Also Chun-Li is QUEEEN πŸ’œ

• MegMain98
    MegMain98 Member Posts: 2,913

I’m boring as hell but I’ll try...

β€’My favorite color is aqua (put me on blast all you want for being basic @Unicorn but aqua is such a pretty color).

β€’I have a brother who is two and a half years younger than me.

β€’I’m 21 πŸ₯‚

β€’I love seafood specifically crab legs and salmon.

β€’No I am not actually a β€œMeg Main” but she was my first character I got to P3.

β€’My favorite TV show currently is probably Stranger Things and my favorite cartoon is without a doubt SpongeBob.

β€’I prefer single player games over multiplayer. I’ve played others like Rocket League and White Noise 2 but F13 and DBD are the only two multiplayer games that I have thousands of hours played. I usually like story-mode horror games like Until Dawn or Alien Isolation (which I still have to finish 😭)

β€’I have negative aim so I dislike FPS games.

β€’My sexuality is confusing even to me but I like both men and women.

β€’@Cornpopers_Evan is also my senpai πŸ₯°

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Interesting facts about me huh?

Well then, you asked.

I'm 23 and have never moved houses at time of post.

I have two younger brothers. The middle one is 20 months younger than me and the youngest is 5 years after the middle one.

I have only 5 cousins, but only 3 of them are actually related by blood.

My first video game was Crash Team Racing on the PS1. Favourite series is either Ratchet & Clank or Telltale's Walking Dead.

I currently hold a black belt in Shotokan Karate, and trying to get ready for my 2nd Dan (ranks within black belt!) while also working towards a black belt in kickboxing.

I used to play bass guitar with a band, but stopped playing after the band split up because life got in the way.

I'm basically addicted to Warhammer 40,000 and have spent more money on it than I could have on a new car. Once I get a free day, I'll try to get them all out and post a thread with all of them. All 30,000+ points of them.

I haven't had a haircut in over a decade, and now have a majestic ponytail longer than most females I know.

My first job was in a laser tag centre at the age of 15. I was awesome.

I was one of the first recipients of the Grey Wolf award from Cub Scouts. I'm in Australia, so it might be a bit different for everyone else.

Love playing Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder. Favourite character was my Warlock that I played in Curse of Strahd.

Might just leave it at that for now.

Thanks @toxicnancymain for tagging me.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

Ah, well, I try. But I am not good at stuff like that, mainly because I think my life is pretty boring.

So, in Real Life I am a guy and I am from Germany.

DBD is currently my Main Game, before I played a lot of World of Tanks. I am too ######### for real Shooters, lol. Other than that, I enjoy From Software-games or Indie Games, also looking forward to Amnesia: Rebirth. But in general, I play few games, but a lot.

I am not that much into Horror in general, at least when it comes to movies. Watched Horrer Movies when I was younger (mostly stuff like Nightmare on Elm Street or Friday the 13th), but currently not really into this. In general, if I watch a TV Series it takes quite some time for me to start, but if I like it, I watch it pretty quick.

I am working as a Volunteer for the Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Card Game and attend tournaments around Europe for it. Not currently, obviously, but in general I enjoy it, because I can meet a lot of friends I only see at those events (from Germany and Europe in general). My highlight would be the year 2018, because I got invited to go to Tokyo and also took part in an Event in Melbourne. I am not that much of a player anymore, but at some point I want to get back to this.

Also enjoying good food, but again, not really a possibility currently. Sure, we can go to restaurants here in Germany, but I rather dont take any unneccessary risks.

I have 3 cats, 14 and 4 year old and a younger cat which is 9 months old.

I guess thats it. :x

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

I love horror movies. My favorite is John Carpenter's The Thing.

I love reading. The Discworld series is my favorite. I also like writing and am passionate about the art of good storytelling (and I will decry the current state of storytelling in all media if given a chance).

My first gaming system was an ATARI 2600.

My most played games are probably The Dead or Alive series (both the fighting and volleyball games) and Animal Crossing.

Other video games I've played recently are Catherine, The Evil Within, and Battlefront II. Some of my older favorites (besides classics like Super Mario Bros.) are Parasite Eve, American McGee's Alice, Oni, Phantasy Star Online, and Viva Pinata.

I struggle with social anxiety and depression. I prefer being cold to being hot. Autumn is my favorite month. Halloween is my favorite holiday. I prefer physical media to digital, and I like collecting stuff. I pretty much live on Flamin' Hot Cheetos. I'm a dog person.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,964

I'm not one for sharing too much about myself but here goes: I've got a teenage son who's naturally obsessed by video games and wants to become a games developer himself. I work as a fitness instructor and personal trainer and then as a Community Co-ordinator for BHVR on top of that plus I mod for a couple of our Fog Whisperers on their Twitch channels. I have a crazy dog who's half Rottweiler and half Labrador - he's rather large and getting old now though :(

Always played games, board games then PC Games with a bit of console thrown in - a bit of a tech nerd and love building computers. I hate cold weather and rain with a passion (not ideal when you live in the UK), am obsessed with travelling and find staying in one place difficult and have travelled a lot in life.

Really loved playing the old Tomb Raider games, which were the ones that probably got me into gaming the most am not much of an FPS player cos I have really bad aim! Favourite console game is Heavy Rain, I absolutely loved that game. I tend to enjoy a lot of story based games though.

@Unicorn thank you for the tag <3

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050
    edited June 2020

Just some random dude from the states on the internet, been playing games for as long as I can remember.

Winter is my preferred season, I would rather be freezing than sweating. The snow is also just enjoyable.

Absolute favorite game(s) is a tie between Battalion Wars and Super Smash Brothers series, both on the GameCube (All except Brawl :P)

I have 2 cats and a dog, he's getting to be on the old side now.

Played Soccer for 4 years.

I have played the Trombone for 7 years. Such a fun instrument to play xD

I spend a little to much of my spare time watching anime... Maybe a little to much of it.

I have 3 older and 3 younger siblings. I get to be right in the middle c:

Specifically Sky Blue is my favorite color, it's just very relaxing. And it sorta looks like... Well... The sky.

I work as a cook. Been going for 5 yrs now, and probably for the foreseeable future. I don't mind it so much though :D

That's about it. I stay inside a lot.. There's that πŸ™„

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    edited June 2020

True facts about me:

• I am a boring dude who sounds like a complete cartoon character.
    • I live in California (and love it!).
    • I have been happily married since 2009, and my wife and I have two awesome puppers, Pickle (who we think is some sort of Maltese mix) and Bosco (a corgi/chihuahua mix). Both of our dogs are rescues.
    • I turn into a big softy when it comes to anything related to animals.
    • I am a huge fan of all things horror, since first seeing all the big slasher movies that came out in '88 (that would be Halloween 4, Friday the 13th Part 7, and Nightmare 4 for everyone who's counting). For anyone here who's a fan of Joe Bob Briggs on Shudder, I remember watching his first weekly movie block, weekends on TMC.
    • I was in junior high school the last time I owned a PC that I did not build myself.
    • I'm a lifelong gamer, and I still have my original Legend of Zelda box from the copy that my parents bought at Wal-Mart for $32.94, in 1987. I can tell you everything you need to know about repairing or refurbishing a NES.
    • I own every adventure game Sierra On-Line and LucasArts ever published, most of them complete in box.
    • My all-time favorite video game is probably either Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Chrono Trigger, some iteration of Street Fighter II, or whatever Soulsborne game I'm into at the moment.
    • My love of gaming also extends to board games, which I own far too many of (it drives my wife nuts when I try to get her to commit to a four-hour game of Eldritch Horror with me). If I had to pick only one board game to play forever, it would be Spirit Island.
    • I have been working in the video games industry for almost 17 years.
    • My favorite color is green, on most days.
    • My favorite fictional character is Scrooge McDuck. I am huge fan of Carl Barks and Don Rosa's duck comics.
    • My all-time favorite movie is Seven Samurai (favorite horror movie would have to be the original Halloween).
    • I've played Dead by Daylight for almost 1,800 hours, and I still Dead Hard into walls.
  • Cheers

@Orion anything interesting about you?

• Unicorn

I loveeeeee seafood too.

And Aqua blue us underrated, although blue is such a common color as a fav. We've had this conversation before.

πŸ’œ still adore you though.

• Unicorn

That whole last paragraph is me. Literally me. Are we long lost twins?

May I ask what your favorite genre of movie/tv series is?

• Unicorn

Of course, no problem! πŸ’œ I don't want to be a pain, but can you maybe post a picture of your doggo? I've never seen that mix & I'm obsessed with pups 😣

Your the middle babbu lol.

Also I think its awesome you play the trombone. What made you want to pick up this instrument more than the others? Or do you secretly play others

You're not alone. I, too dead hard into walls lol.

• Mushwin
    Mushwin Member Posts: 4,583
    edited June 2020

Oh jinkeys where do I begin, I feel like I am about to do my life story lol! Er, let's have a go and some of my Mushlings (Mushwin family may of heard some already lol)

-I never ate eggs for 9 years, due to me eating eggs and toast and throwing up - i very much thought eggs were the cause!

-Uh i nearly died when i was around 1 years old, choked on a piece of wire that was inside a Quaver (crisp/chip) i was even in the paper!

-I am a pagan.

-My aura is Blue which narks me off as i love pink.

-I have a great sense of humour, not easily offended.

-I love horror, name it Ii have seen it.

-Fave colour is pink of course.

-I love metal/rock.

-I love sharks.

-I use to be more of a tom boy growing up, i collected frogs and toads, made snails a house, climbed trees, i was great at baseball, i loved playing red revor and many other such games.

-If any of you know of the OLD Gladiators i once met the wolf when he was in pantomine here in the Uk, lets just say i turned to jelly as i got a kiss on the cheek.

-I been on the ps for a long time, sega was my first console, yes there was mickey and donalds adventure, sonic, echo the dolphin, golden axe.

-I can't be much beat when it comes to car games, oddly i have some sort of natural talent, ask Mr Mushwin! lol

-I have 3 boys.

-I am married of 10 years, been with Mr Mushwin for 12 years.

-I love reading, bit of a nerd, i watch a lot of things, serious, like comedies but i hate rom coms or very romantic smush.

-My fave book is Paul Jennings - Uncanny.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

"May I ask what your favorite genre of movie/tv series is?"

Sure. :P

If I watch anything, mostly fantasy. But I also watch animes, but again, it takes a lot for me to start something, but then I am binge-watching it. e.g. I watched Dragonball Super, and it took me quite a while because GT ruined Dragonball for me. Just as an example.

• Respectfulnancymain
  • Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    edited June 2020

Gasp! Me?!

I'm Elk Hooverson

I love playing video games in my free time. My favorite type of games are FPS, Horror, Adventure, Mystery and Story(Like Choices affect the ending) The games I'm currently playing are Dead by Daylight(Feng and Claudette), Apex Legends(LifeLine and Loba) and Evolution Worlds (Gamecube). I stopped playing Overwatch but will always play Mercy.

My favorite foods are Chinese, Sushi, Japanese....well a lot of food. The top 3 would be Beef and Broccoli, Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce and Pho.

I have 2 cats and a dog.

I used to watch a lot of anime back in the day. The only 'recent' one i watched was 'A Promised Neverland' which i like.

Youtubers i like range from games and genre. So i have many i watch for different reasons. My overall top 3 are Jazzyguns, Gab Smolders/ GG Gab and GeekRemix.

That's it, i guess i can answer more if people are really curious. If they like.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428

Welp, I'm a super boring person but here goes nothing!

• Went on a whale watch around the age of 8.
    • I was chasing snakes around when I was about 5 and still do when I can.
    • Love sharks, reptiles and... basically anything with a lot of teeth.
    • When I was little, I dreamed I would become a astronaut, a paleontologist, movie director, actor, biologist, CDC worker, anything dealing with the video game industry and a few others I can't recall currently.
    • Long time OW fan despite me easily getting pissed at it.
    • Been playing DBD since at least the first month for the console release.
    • Still own my original Xbox and PS2!
    • Still thinking about what to do with my life.

I'll come back with more interesting facts later, if I think of any.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I like this discussion lol extremely interesting to read.

- Had a 18 year old cat who was with me since I was a kid. Miss you.

- Massive Call Of Duty Zombies player before Dbd became my main multiplayer game.

- Irish (Apparently voted the sexiest accent a few years ago lol).

- Big Horror fan. Whether it be movies, games or tv shows.

- Broke my arm twice within the space of 6 months (3 times in total).

- Chatty and takes nothing serious.

- Lastly I've ranked my top 10 favourite games. Starting from 10th they are:

• South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    • Ratchet And Clank: A Crack In Time
    • Cuphead
    • Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2
    • Dead By Daylight
    • God Of War 2018
    • Def Jam FFNY
    • Bloodborne
    • Ratchet And Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal
    • Call Of Duty: Black Ops 1

• Unicorn