Time the PTB is gonna go live

Waddup guys,

So i saw a lot of people dont know the exact time when the PTB goes live so here you go:
11AM EST
5pm GMT

Comments

• S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

Thats 7PM in Germany. Good to know, Thx =)

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited August 2018

Around 5pm

EDIT: 5pm in France so time can change in other country

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

@SpitfireOrMichina said:
    Around 5pm

really ? :D this is cool :3 i'll be back just in time to DL it and play nit around 6PM France then <3

• Kalec84
    Kalec84 Member Posts: 495

5:00 PM in italy, good to know

• C4Garuda
    C4Garuda Member Posts: 198
    Nice 11am for me lol ill make sure to take my lunch at that time for sure
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Naughty_Lolicon said:
    Waddup guys,

So i saw a lot of people dont know the exact time when the PTB goes live so here you go:
    11AM EST
    5pm GMT

Its not always the same though

• FinLadd
    FinLadd Member Posts: 190

Around 5pm

So You are frenchman... I have one question... Pls don't get offended but i want to know why french People won't speak english to tourists but only french... Do they assume we know the language? 
  • sunnyariane
    sunnyariane Member Posts: 60
    Okay and where did you get the information from?
    The clown came to the PTB earlier.
  • xLordBeenx
    xLordBeenx Member Posts: 5

So the PTB is available at 5pm but where do you`ve got those informations?

• ACEvHEARTS
    ACEvHEARTS Member Posts: 403
    I’m not sure the OP got these times confirmed, but it was right around that time for the past 2 PTBs, so it’s probably accurate. 
  • Neffesh
    Neffesh Member Posts: 5

Is it 11 am EST already?

• Someissues
    Someissues Member Posts: 1,604

2 hours 20 minutes left should be the correct answer, 4pm UK time

• sunnyariane
    sunnyariane Member Posts: 60
    The clown came at 3 pm GMT. 
    (17 uhr - 5 pm German time)
  • Utna
    Utna Member Posts: 186

@FinLadd said:
    SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

So You are frenchman... I have one question... Pls don't get offended but i want to know why french People won't speak english to tourists but only french... Do they assume we know the language? 

My guess is: a little bit of ignorance of foreign langages, and a little bit of lazzyness, since it is much easier to listen someone speaking in a foreign langage than actually speaking it. FinLadd, it might look strange to you but, since after the end of the WW2, France politician were worried about was felt like a cultural invasion from Anglo-Saxon countries (such like the US or the UK). Music, litterature, movies, even fashion ... all of it where getting influenced by our former allies. In the 70' and 80', french education policies didn't felt the necessity to prepare children for a soon to be english speaking world. So here we are now: french people who speak english, almost all work in the tourism, informatic, or business area.

So in other words, please have patience, because things are getting better now. And remember that someone might not speak english but still understand it very well ... so please try learn some little french, and we will be able to communicate just fine.

• TheDarkLycan
    TheDarkLycan Member Posts: 435
    Utna said:

@FinLadd said:
    SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

My guess is: a little bit of ignorance of foreign langages, and a little bit of lazzyness, since it is much easier to listen someone speaking in a foreign langage than actually speaking it. FinLadd, it might look strange to you but, since after the end of the WW2, France politician were worried about was felt like a cultural invasion from Anglo-Saxon countries (such like the US or the UK). Music, litterature, movies, even fashion ... all of it where getting influenced by our former allies. In the 70' and 80', french education policies didn't felt the necessity to prepare children for a soon to be english speaking world. So here we are now: french people who speak english, almost all work in the tourism, informatic, or business area.

So in other words, please have patience, because things are getting better now. And remember that someone might not speak english but still understand it very well ... so please try learn some little french, and we will be able to communicate just fine.

You misspelled literature.
  • Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

So the PTB is available at 5pm but where do you`ve got those informations?

The last stream, the time was mention somewhere in the middle of the video. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@FinLadd said:
    SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

A lot of the older generations cant speak english or their english is really bad. That applies to multiple countries though

• Utna

@TheDarkLycan said:

Only that word ? Jeez I'm on fire !

• TheDarkLycan
    Utna said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

You did misspelled laziness and I think informatic isn't a word
  • Utna

@TheDarkLycan said:
    Utna said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

anything else ?

• TheDarkLycan
    Utna said:

@TheDarkLycan said:
    Utna said:

@TheDarkLycan said:

anything else ?

Nope you're good now
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258

@FinLadd said:
    SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

Many of french people just don't know english laguage.

• FinLadd
    Utna said:

@FinLadd said:
    SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

Thanks for the answear it really bothered me
  • FinLadd
    edited August 2018
    RSB said:

@FinLadd said:
    SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

Im finnish myself and i can't speak english but i can write it.
    Edit: i can't say the words right so they sound weird or you can't understand me... Lol
  • S0ckenSchuss
    S0ckenSchuss Member Posts: 110

My Native language is German. The best other language i speak is englisch (tons of years in school and in tons of videogames xD)
    Actually i try to learn spanish because I love that language and make holidays on canary isles three tims a year xD

When I meet spanish ppl, they allw ant to learn german. So we learn Spanish and german from each other and the communication language is english. to explain something and so on. works really great. So, to communicate with the world you have to speak english. Other languages are good, but you need a reason to learn it. The more fun you have with languages, the more communication is possible. for learning a language as good as i learened english, its a lot of work to do, but i dont have the time that I need for it. Really sad.

• TheDarkLycan
    I love how we we're talking about the PTB but now we are talking about language
  • RSB

@FinLadd said:
    RSB said:

@FinLadd said:

SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

Edit: i can't say the words right so they sound weird or you can't understand me... Lol

I mean, they often do not write, nor speak english, or other languages than their own. They just do not will to learn other languages.

• FinLadd
    RSB said:

@FinLadd said:
    RSB said:

@FinLadd said:

SpitfireOrMichina said:

Around 5pm

I mean, they often do not write, nor speak english, or other languages than their own. They just do not will to learn other languages.

True... True
  • Utna

@S0ckenSchuss said:
    My Native language is German. The best other language i speak is englisch (tons of years in school and in tons of videogames xD)
    Actually i try to learn spanish because I love that language and make holidays on canary isles three tims a year xD

When I meet spanish ppl, they allw ant to learn german. So we learn Spanish and german from each other and the communication language is english. to explain something and so on. works really great. So, to communicate with the world you have to speak english. Other languages are good, but you need a reason to learn it. The more fun you have with languages, the more communication is possible. for learning a language as good as i learened english, its a lot of work to do, but i dont have the time that I need for it. Really sad.

Cheers, man. I'd like to add "To Europe and its people", because there so many interesting person, places and cultures to meet and discover. Still, with England leaving the union, it might be a little bit weird to speak english with each other, even between french and german, or polish and spanish, ... , etc. Anyways, I suppose that's something to deal with in our timeline. :)

PS: sorry for the off topic. Just waiting for the PTB, enjoying a nice conversation.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604
    Thank you @sunnyariane for posting the correct German time.

17 Uhr* @S0ckenSchuss
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

HYPE

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436
    edited August 2018

If these times are right, it seems so odd no official announcement has been made about the PTB patch, seems like they've gone completely silent.

but HYPEEEEEEEeeEeeEeeeeeeee

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917
    45m. Hype
  • Giche
    Giche Member Posts: 753
    edited August 2018

@RSB said:

I'm gonna be honnest, the majority of French already struggle to speak their native language correctly.

Keep in mind that french is a very difficult language to write and speak without flaws, tho.

• RSB

@Giche said:

@RSB said:

I'm gonna be honnest, the majority of French already struggle to speak their native language correctly.

Keep in mind that french is a very difficult language to write and speak without flaws, tho.

I know, my grandmother is french, and I've been learning it for 3 years in high school, but to be hones, there are more difficult languages than french.

• Giche

@RSB said:

I know, my grandmother is french, and I've been learning it for 3 years in high school, but to be hones, there are more difficult languages than french.

Never said it was, but one of the hardest for sure.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Giche said:

@RSB said:

Never said it was, but one of the hardest for sure.

Haha... No. Try learning an east-Asian language, where they have one character per sound. Thousands upon thousands of characters, and that's just to learn the alphabet.

• Utna
    edited August 2018

@Giche said:

@RSB said:

Lol. Please keep in mind french is not like latin or ancient greek. Meaning it is evolving and defenitely alive ! Whatever the french (and belgium and Quebec fellow, and many west africans) are saying IS correct french speaking, because as they speak, they make their langage evolve in history. Maybe it doesn't seems to be the same langage as some books you read, but it doesn't make it incorrect ; it just make your vision of our langage out of date.

• Giche
    edited August 2018

@Utna said:

Lol. Please keep in mind french is not like latin or ancient greek. Meaning it is evolving and defenitely alive ! Whatever the french (and belgium and Quebec fellow, and many west africans) are saying IS correct french speaking, because as they speak, they make their langage evolve in history. Maybe it doesn't seems to be the same langage as some books you read, but it doesn't make it incorrect ; it just make your vision of our langage out of date.

You're right on the principle, it the case for every language.

What i see in France, especially with young adults and teenager, isn't what i could call a good evolution.

Just have to look on the web (facebook, forums, etc...) to be reminded of the movie "Idiocracy".

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

@Giche said:

@Utna said:

You're right on the principle, it the case for every language.

What i see in France, especially with young adults and teenager, isn't what i could call a good evolution.

Just have to look on the web (facebook, forums, etc...) to be reminded of the movie "Idiocracy".

But that IS how language evolves. Your complaint is as old as language itself.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@FinLadd said:

They don't do that to cause any harm. French people have a lot of trouble with foreign language, and even when they talk english or spanish, they're pretty shy about their accent. We have a pretty academic way to teach foreign languages in school, hence it's not easy to "break the ice". Even when I talked english in UK, people answered me in french because they recognized my accent.......... lol

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235

So how do we get into the PTB again?... I kinda forgot x:

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

@Twix said:
    So how do we get into the PTB again?... I kinda forgot x:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/26/how-to-access-the-player-test-build#latest

• Utna

@Giche said:

Beg your pardon sir, I didn't realise you were a member of the Académie française !
    Joke aside dude, who do you think you are to call anything a good or bad evolution ?

• RSB

Where is our PTB? ;<

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@RSB said:
    Where is our PTB? ;<

its live

• Utna

lol thanks for reminding me. Just began the downloading.

• RSB
    edited August 2018

@Tsulan said:

@RSB said:
    Where is our PTB? ;<

its live

Do not make laugh out of me ;<

Pardon, it is really live, but I can't download it. Ehh... Gonna restart Steam.