Last survivor first hook

Ok I'm sure their was some good reason for getting rid of this but seriously can we have bacl where if your the last person in a trial you can at least attempt to get off because it's really frustrating when you haven't been hooked all game and everyone else leaves and the doors open and you can't even attempt to get off you just die

Comments

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807

why? If your team died and you got hooked, the killer earned that win. Why do you need another second chance?

• Loner
    Loner Member Posts: 139

When was it ever like that? Pretty sure you could never attempt escape when you were last in the trial,actually 100% sure. Only time you can do is if someone else is alive or dying on the hook and you get hooked before he dies. Then the game lets you attempt escape.

• Loner

Would it hurt the killer that much if the survivor got a second chance tho? Doubt it. I think that by then he'd guarantee a pip/blackpip,and 1 survivor escaping wouldn't be a problem. Not justifying it at all as a second chance,just a thought I had for a second.

• Frankie
    Frankie Member Posts: 807
    edited June 2020

On top of the already endless second chances survivors already have? It doesn't "hurt" the killer, but if you get yet another second chance, again on top of the many you have as a survivor, it could just make the killer lose a kill...and not cause they were outplayed. Because you were handed a second chance. It doesn't matter if it would be a problem or not. The killer earned the victory. You didn't earn the second chance, so why should you have it?

So no. You don't need it. Even the devs know this.

• Loner
    edited June 2020
  • FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476

Well we all know you haven't been playing since release.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

I think give the survivor a chance, especially if they're running Deliverance they earned the ability to unhook themselves. There's no guarantee the survivor will escape anyway even if they unhook themselves. Maybe they escape, or killer gets extra hook points - possibly one that gives them iridescent emblem in sacrifice. If killer has ivory or ebony mori they can mori the survivor.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

Because the match really doesn't need to continue on at that point, they'd rather get you into the next match faster then extending a match that's practically over for another minute or two.

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

This. The devs dont want to make matches longer. The last survivor can also not attempt to free himself to waste the time of the killer.

• Loner

I only started playing around the end of 2017,4.1k hrs by now. So was it like that on release then? How did the mechanic work?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

In the earlier days the last hook wasnt special. But it lead to survivors struggling and wasting a lot of time while they already lost.

One day the devs implemented the last hook rule, so that the game actually ends when it has ended.

Recently they added a condition to check the status of all survivors: if theyre all dead or hooked, the game ends faster, this actually is just a fix for the forementioned situation of the last survivor NOT getting instantly sacrificed even though he cant do ######### anymore.

I dont understand why survivors would want to get rid of this. Killers only leave the last hook because the rule is in effect, if a survivor could jump off, they'd be camped on last hook and downed upon getting free (unless unhook immunity bugs out and makes them invincible for too long).

• FearedbytheGods
    FearedbytheGods Member Posts: 476
    edited June 2020

Just what happens to all the others, you either had a couple attempts then went to struggle state, or if you wanted to troll the killer you'd just sit there slowly counting down to struggle state. Which is why they got rid of it.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Im going to make a vid telling why you should not self unhook attempt when you're the last survivor

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

This is why self unhook as the last Survivor is pointless and waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4zPDPKP26M&feature=youtu.be

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,055

The Killer will just wait. If the Survivor gets off the Hook, they will keep slugged for a minute to wait out DS. And even IF they have Unbreakable, they will be down again.

It would just be a huge timewaster.

Besides that, I think if someone lets their team die while they can still be hooked 3 times, they can be more aggressive earlier in the game to avoid getting their teammates killed.