The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Struggling on hook should be fixed on console

dnj510
dnj510 Member Posts: 438

Ever been spamming 'X' on PS4 while struggling just to get a lag spike that caused you to die instantly? Yeah, it happens to me 1 out of 10 times I'm struggling on hook and it's usually caused by a sudden event that happened during the trial.

You could be struggling on hook and then all of a sudden the Survivors become exposed, the Killer downs someone, or basically anything that causes a status change on your HUD results in lag that may cause your death.

This has been going on for a while now and needs fixing

Comments

• hex_aw_beans
    hex_aw_beans Member Posts: 12

Honestly, they should change struggle so that you don’t have to constantly spam keys or buttons. Any ideas on a replacement?

• ZCerebrate
    ZCerebrate Member Posts: 641

I've suggested this before:

1) Re-make the struggle on hook mechanic. Stop making us spam Spacebar or whatever - it doesn't add tension and any bit of latency seems to kill console players according to them. Just make it skill checks just like PH's cages if you have to. People who "don't want their ability" to suicide on hook to be taken away should realize that their "leaving" the match also negatively impacts the other 4 players in the game. If you "need to leave" the esc + disconnect option is always there to leave your husk behind - I suppose players could also sandbag into the killer repeatedly but this still allows other survivors to get unhook points. If you choose to attempt to unhook yourself fail then choose to also fail every skill check you will still die in struggle phase faster - just not within 10 seconds like currently. 

And of course this would need the disconnect husk update that was promised to us back in like 2018

2) Disconnect husks for survivors. If a survivor DCs a greyed out soulless version of their avatar with crows flying around them remains than can still be hooked (for things like BBQ), mori'd, etc (The disconnect icon still shows up at bottom left for everyone). For survivor side - playing at least 3+ minute with a disconnected husk on their team automatically results in a black pip for the survivors. Survivors can also rescue this husk for bloodpoints/altrusim if they wish. Also for survivors if the killer disconnects at any point - they should have depip protection and automatically get rewarded 5000 bloodpoints for escaping (Survival Offering actually gives you even less bp if you are at a level where killers rage quit on you a lot if you're winning). No timeouts necessary, would alleviate alot of the "cuck him of his achievement/challenges" mentalities and whatever else there.