Pyramid, buy or not ?

ClaudetteFurtive
ClaudetteFurtive Member Posts: 22
edited June 2020 in General Discussions

Two reasons make me hesitate to take Pyramid ..

1; The nerve, like the others!

2; The pyramid track does not last long.. fear of boring me vs good survivor,Crouch just to avoid it OK !

What do you think are you going to buy it ?

EDIT : Like Resident evil I like all the Silent hill !πŸ˜€

Comments

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

I was all for buying him but unless his perks become a little better I will most likely pass on him, he has an interesting concept with the cage, but i feel that will get old fast.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,615

Probably.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

I'll buy him. Whether the perks are bad or not, I can experiment with playstyles and tactics to make them work. His power is decent and would make him a very viable killer.

• SpookyStabby
    SpookyStabby Member Posts: 621

Definitely getting him. I have plans for his perks on others and I'm excited to use a build I mapped out for him. >:3

• ClaudetteFurtive

1 million PB, 8k shards = 600k PB = 1,600 million.. sure need test perks !πŸ˜›

• TheRoyalOwl
    TheRoyalOwl Member Posts: 749

Well considering I plan on buying all the characters, yeah kinda have to. That and he looks interesting to play.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

Perks are trash power is cool

I was excited to Play him but he needs major buffs first.

Situational broken status during chase ?

Undetectable that reveals your location ?

Healing information outside of your range to capitalize and requires 2 people not using selfcare to then also split up knowing the perk will penalize them for doing so...

Yeah that'll help me kill them lol

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

He definitely seems like a great antiloop character, but I would like to test him out first. This right here is one of the biggest problems about dead by daylight - the fact that you can't test out a DLC character without purchasing them first. I thought the deathslinger would be a really cool character that I would enjoy playing as, but come to find out the FPS mechanic just did not suit my play style at all, and unfortunately I had to spend $8 to find that out.πŸ˜•

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

I'll probably buy him because i only have 3 months left to play this game...

Gonna enjoy the rest of it while it lasts

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I will.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
  • Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587

I'd rather wait for the first buff/nerf/change they do to Pyramid and or the chapters perks before deciding.

• Lyralistix
    Lyralistix Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2020

I cannot wait to get him. I tested him at ptb and played him sadly a lil barely (due the cue times in germany aprox 30 minutes). I will improve my playstyle and if it fits, i will main that Pyrathing :)

Ya his Perks are not as good as we all expected, but tbh, we all play with the Perks, we are usually using on other killers, so this is not the point to decide in my opinion.

• OmegaXII
    OmegaXII Member Posts: 2,191

It's nothing too big actually, i just need to leave my home, and not bringing my pc with me for three years

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I'll probably buy him just so I can piss of survivors that depend on DS way too much :P

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

Yep! He seems like a fun and decently strong Killer to play.

• dbarranco
    dbarranco Member Posts: 97

I will without a doubt buy triangle man.

• TKTK
    TKTK Member Posts: 943

I hope they make atleast 1 or 2 of his perks not niche cause they are all forgettable but it's gonna be a yes. I really loved silent hill 1-3 and konami has ######### on the silent hill franchise for years now with crappy prequels and sequels after team silent was broken up so i guess this game is the only way to enjoy silent hill besides going back to play the old games on ps2 or playing a ######### pachinko machine in japan.

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

I'm buying it. And buying it for several others as well.

It's a cornerstone in Dead by Daylight.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142
    edited June 2020

It all makes sense now!

If the devs released Pyramid Head with strong perks then Survivors will whine about "pay to win." If the devs subseqently nerf said perks then the Killers who bought Pyramid Head will file complaints of being ripped off. (This is what happened with Freddy.)

It makes more sense to release Pyramid Head with weak perks, let consumers buy him for the novelty, buff his weak perks later on, and get even more sales when players buy him for the perks; all without complaints of pay-to-win or being-ripped-off.

Pretty smart of them.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

I always buy all killers as soon as they come out and dump 1mil BPs into em. The fact they just gave me 500 auric cells for doing a DBD quiz just makes it easier.

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469

I'm so Silent Hill starved that yes I will buy it, Silent Hill 2 was a master piece, but 3 remains my favorite of all time. Im happy to have both PH and Heather (Cheryl.) Hell .. I will actually play survivor now just because of Heather. I hope they allow her alt costumes from the game, she had like 8 or so.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,363

I dunno bout that. We still havent seen if theyre gonna make any changes from what we've seen on the PTB...but apart of me still remembers how quick MoM hit the meta and stayed there for like a month.

• notsonew
    notsonew Member Posts: 269
    edited June 2020

i might only buy pyramid head with AC, but honnestly, i hate everything about this chapter but the map, the perks sucks, the killer power is so easy to counter, just take the second hit to avoid the torment effect and so make him hook you, easy to dodge long rage attack, not worth buying really,

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695
    edited June 2020

I still think there's a lot of potential to have a lot of fun with Pyramid Head. That being said, I've seen a lot of streams lately where a lot of players got a chance to play test both the new killer and the new survivor, Cheryl, in the new map, and I think it speaks volumes to see a lot of streamers using perks that are not exclusive to either Pyramid Head or Cheryl.

Cheryl's best perk looks to be the one that locks down a gen preventing the killer from kicking it, but even then it prevents you or any other survivor from working on it, while at the same time letting the killer know that this is a preferred generator that the survivors are going to go back to.

So I don't know. Pyramid Head still looks to be a lot of fun, Cheryl not so much.

• BubbaMain64
    BubbaMain64 Member Posts: 546

Don't. He's at best a lower mid tier killer. Power and perks are a waste of time. If you feel like inflating your bloodweb for $10 then go ahead, I already made a post about why the chapter sucks if you want to read it.https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/158833/silent-hill-dlc-isnt-worth-buying/p1

• H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3
    H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 Member Posts: 189

Yup. I’ve been a silent hill fan for quite some time, having pyramid head in the game is a dream come true for me and others

• MadArtillery
    MadArtillery Member Posts: 826

We already know he has throwaway perks. Doubt much will be changed by release.

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

I'm buying it, not sure for which platform yet though.

• ClaudetteFurtive

I recap the capabilities..

1; it can strike survivors through obstacles. The only way for survivors to counter is to squat...

2; he sends the survivors into a cage (maybe even camp the cage).

3; during the chase, he can draw a line, so it's easy to spot a survivor surrounded. The affected survivor is followed by barbed wire.

I’m sure he’s going to slaughter and that many people will want the nerve...

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,295

I'm holding off because all the killer perks are meh. The one perk I've been wanting for a while and even suggested was getting Undetectable when performing the break action on gens. However it has so many downsides on the perk it's too situational unless you're like a Hillbilly or something.

It's a no go unless they buff the perks or at least make them a bit more reasonable. Don't care about the survivor not because she's a bad character but it doesn't make sense to me that she is paired with Pyramid Head.