Whos Bright idea was it to give claudette black clothes.. comeon

Options
Skemooo
Skemooo Member Posts: 194

Its already hard to see her.. and the PTB has black clothing for her for 50auric cells .. comeon if iever catch a blackshirt claudette im camping her.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Skemooo said:
    Its already hard to see her.. and the PTB has black clothing for her for 50auric cells .. comeon if iever catch a blackshirt claudette im camping her.

Well gee lets make her easier to kill since she's the slowest and easiest to catch and down. There's certain maps where's she's basically a free kill if she gets seen even 1x. Gas haven for one, Lery's for another to name just 2. While we're at it lets remove Wraiths almost invis since on a few maps he can't be seen at all until literally right on top of you.

I mean you get BBQ and Nurse perk with Ruin and Claudette is super easy to get even with the darkened clothes, roll pig when you see her and she might as well auto hook herself then.

• powerbats
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@powerbats said:

@Skemooo said:

Well gee lets make her easier to kill since she's the slowest and easiest to catch and down. There's certain maps where's she's basically a free kill if she gets seen even 1x. Gas haven for one, Lery's for another to name just 2. While we're at it lets remove Wraiths almost invis since on a few maps he can't be seen at all until literally right on top of you.

I mean you get BBQ and Nurse perk with Ruin and Claudette is super easy to get even with the darkened clothes, roll pig when you see her and she might as well auto hook herself then.

She's the slowest? Are you high? All the survivors move the same speed what lo

If you're talking about the same default movement speed then yes, but if you add in perks then that's not correct at all.

Tenacity, Urban Evasion, Adrenaline, I could go on and no every survivor in a match is going to have the same perks let alone the fastest movement speed ones. The Claudettes are a perfect example of this and are usually the slowest of them all.

The top 3 survivors by pick always seem to sue 2 of the speed boost perks at the same time making them the fastest. The same is true for quite a few other I've seen 1 or 2 other Claudettes that use 2 speed perks.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

@powerbats said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@powerbats said:

@Skemooo said:

She's the slowest? Are you high? All the survivors move the same speed what lo

If you're talking about the same default movement speed then yes, but if you add in perks then that's not correct at all.

Tenacity, Urban Evasion, Adrenaline, I could go on and no every survivor in a match is going to have the same perks let alone the fastest movement speed ones. The Claudettes are a perfect example of this and are usually the slowest of them all.

The top 3 survivors by pick always seem to sue 2 of the speed boost perks at the same time making them the fastest. The same is true for quite a few other I've seen 1 or 2 other Claudettes that use 2 speed perks.

Uhm that doesn't make her the slowest because teachable exist. Just because you personally don't see Clauds running speed perks doesn't mean anything.

The meta for a while now has been P3 Claudette, with DS, SC, SB and DH. I really don't know what world you live in where Claudette's dont use SB. But I'd like to be a part of it.

Whether or not she's "slow" because people CHOOSE not to run speed perks on her is irrelevant because teachables. Plus, I can get to high rank playing Meg and never use a speed perk at all. So I'm not sure what logic you're using here. Survivors are simply skins. That's it.

• powerbats
    Options

My point is just because somethings meta doesn't make it for everyone and not everyone has all the perks out there. That's especially true for the highest tier of those perks so her being the slowest in most games still stands. Now at really high rank that's probably not the case but there's also a lot fewer Claudette's out there compared to the say 10-20 survivor rank games.

Besides the really great killers will always find people on most maps since her darker clothes only really help her on a few maps whereas others it's about as useful as the bright Neon ones.

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43
    Options

Honestly I don't think it was that bad an idea or that game breaking. Technically, Claudette already has black clothing, and I don't find the new clothes any more OP or game-breaking in the stealth sense of the game then her black jacket. Lets also remember only some maps support a color palette that works for all black, and on other maps a brown/red-brown Claudette blends better actually, ie: Autohaven and Coldwind

• powerbats
    Options

@Saint_Judas said:
    Honestly I don't think it was that bad an idea or that game breaking. Technically, Claudette already has black clothing, and I don't find the new clothes any more OP or game-breaking in the stealth sense of the game then her black jacket. Lets also remember only some maps support a color palette that works for all black, and on other maps a brown/red-brown Claudette blends better actually, ie: Autohaven and Coldwind

This since you never know even with a offering that works for you that 1 or 2 others killer included won't override it and send you to say The mental ward where it's all white. Wearing an all black outfit in an all white area screams free kill this way.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options

I enjoy your posts the ones I’ve seen are very level headed
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

This kids logic is flawed horribly.

powerbats. rethink what you said man.

If I see a Claudette that is wearing all dark stuff as well... I'll patrol camp her for sure. It just reeks of tryhard. And that person probably has DS as well.

• Saint_Judas
    Saint_Judas Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2018
    Options

Flawed how? I'll admit, lery's is a very bright map, and hard to hide in, even with all black cosmetic claudette, and while some rooms have dark carpets and there are a few spots of grass, in most rooms her black would stand out very sharply against the white/pale blue. Lets also not forget maps like The Game, the bottom floor would be pretty decent for hiding but the top one? It would be far brighter then an all black claudette, she would stand out far too well.

(EDIT: Nevermind, I think you were talking his earlier comments when you talked flawed logic, in which case I have some agreement that there is nothing inherantly slower or limiting about Claudettes and their perk choices vs others. Though I don't think her clothing is a problem really myself)

To be fair, I understand a camp for DS, but some of the black clothing options for Claudette are very pretty, and I don't think I would camp someone just for their choice in fashion. I for one have been that person using the white jacket on Claudette just to say "Look at me" while everyone else did gens, then turned around and gone my extra bloody Jake just to pull off stupid cheeky hiding spots that had no right working if it hadn't been a dark map and my clothes hadn't blended in.

DS is a bit of a different issue entirely, but then again... if we want to start talking tryhard Claudettes, lets not forgot 90% of the Nea population here with flashlights and DS locked into their loadouts permanently.

Also thank you @ThePloopz I can't say I am at all like this in game but I try to look at both sides and keep a calm and open temper. Beats me if I manage it half the time though

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

@Skemooo said:

Yeah the pricing is the problem.
    They could sell the skin for 50$ or even 500$ and people would buy their ninja suit.

• powerbats
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    This kids logic is flawed horribly.

powerbats. rethink what you said man.

If I see a Claudette that is wearing all dark stuff as well... I'll patrol camp her for sure. It just reeks of tryhard. And that person probably has DS as well.

You're logic is flawed, I'm over 50 so strike one.

There's absolutely no guarantee you're going to get the map you want that's best for dark clothes even with an offering. Someone else the killer especially will pop an offering just to make sure you don't get what you want. The other survivors might not want a dark map. So that'd be strike two.

Patrol camping for the one survivor that's more than likely not try harding but likes the outfit instead reeks of poor sport tryhard. If you're so upset over 1 survivor having a cool cosmetic then you've got your focus on the wrong thing. Since while you're flailing around for that 1 person the Nea's and all the others running DS and other perks are laughing their asses off doing gens.

Oh sure you may get that 1 Claudette and stroke your epeen for it but 3 people make it out and make the entity very displeased at you. So that'd be strike 3 and your out. :p

• Skemooo
    Skemooo Member Posts: 194
    Options

they changed the black clothes color tint... atleast its not as bad as before... DEVS if your reading this thank you..

• powerbats
    Options

@Cake1100 said:
    Stop complaining and simply play the game. Others are going to be more difficult to find - just get good and listen to breathing & moaning.

As I posted earlier black clothing or the standard dark clothing meets Lery's and is about as good as having a flashing neon sign pointing at you saying free kill here.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    edited June 2018
    Options

That's actually good. Claudettes tend to hide badly because they think they are invisible, let's keep making them believe so :) (also their breath is quite loud, especially with Stridor)

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

Stealth pizza Dwight WHEN!?

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

Always

• drinds
    drinds Member Posts: 19
    Options
    White_Owl said:

That's actually good. Claudettes tend to hide badly because they think they are invisible, let's keep making them believe so :) (also their breath is quite loud, especially with Stridor)

That's my problem lolol. I have the l4d shirt and will break out into a sprint as soon as I think the killer is gone. Oh well
  • powerbats
    Options

I always love the ones that pick her and then go with the bright flaming outfits and then get nailed 1st because they stand out so badly.

• MocaJava
    MocaJava Member Posts: 9
    Options
    White_Owl said:

I can't count the number of times I've caught a Claudette crouching in a corner and they don't run because they think they're invisible. Never ceases to amaze me.
  • powerbats
    Options

@MocaJava said:
    White_Owl said:

I can't count the number of times I've caught a Claudette crouching in a corner and they don't run because they think they're invisible. Never ceases to amaze me.

As a a Claudette main I've seen the same thing and I pretty much know where you can and can't hide on certain maps. So as a killer when I see 4 Claudettes in a lobby i have to laugh because only red Forest can you be really sneaky with her dark outfits. But even then a really good killer with the enhanced night vision or know how where to look can still get you.

• ACoolName
    ACoolName Member Posts: 177
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

Have you ever seen a galant knight Hiding, sir?
    Ney! i say!

Pizza Dwight flourishes through the fields with his meme induced superpowers

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Its so weird that every survivor is the same, but Claudette is the best because she's small and black :p

• powerbats
    Options

@Nick said:
    Its so weird that every survivor is the same, but Claudette is the best because she's small and black :p

But then they wear some bright flaming outfit or white one on wrong map and yor the killer. The Aaah Fresh Meat butcher voice from Diablo 1 plays in head then. If you're a fellow survivor it's I'm getting away from them as far as possible early.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,963
    Options
    Idk whose idea it was but may they be showered with all things awesome in the world Bc #thankyou