If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Which side do you think the balance caters to more?

Options

Killers? Or Survivors?
https://strawpoll.com/3xys43f4

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

Survivors 100%

I'm a survivor main and have been one since Day 1. This game has always favored survivors slightly, whether that be through exploits, overpowered perks, unfair mechanics, or breaking the balance in general with SWF.

Anyone who says this game favors Killers is delusional.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

Survivors.

Tho it's slowly getting better. Survivors are also improving quite a bit tho, which is good.
    The emblem system improved the match quality at high ranks significantly, at least for me.

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    Survivors 100%

I'm a survivor main and have been one since Day 1. This game has always favored survivors slightly, whether that be through exploits, overpowered perks, unfair mechanics, or breaking the balance in general with SWF.

Anyone who says this game favors Killers is delusional.

You are too correct. I've been a killer main since before Nurse came out ( I started playing like the 2nd month after release) and it's always been highly survivor favored. I don't want us Killers to be so OP that survivors don't stand a chance, but I also don't want it where survs can gen rush the game into a 4 minute match, 1 surv can pallet loop you for the whole game and run DS for the escape, run from an open area with Sprint Burst, have the game force us killers into face camping just to get a single kill against tryhard gen rushing, toxic survs, and etc (need I say more?) I want the game to have intnese gameplay. Not loading bar simulator, lobby simulator, mechanic simulator, etc

• Grey87
    Grey87 Member Posts: 346
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?
    Isn't the pallet vacuum removal is a nerf on survivors? Which side is it helping I wonder xD

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?
    Isn't the pallet vacuum removal is a nerf on survivors? Which side is it helping I wonder xD

The whole point of a poll is to gather opinions.
    Tho this poll isn't about the last update (that is only PTB for now, btw), it's about the balance in general.

@GeneratorJake said:
    The pallets.

Kek, the memes are back.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

It indirectly nerfs them but it's more along the lines of mechanical changes that make the game more streamlined.

The vacuum itself I'm not sure was intentional. If it wasn't, it isn't a nerf at all but rather a bug fix. Considering they had removed vacuums on windows, they needed to do the same for pallets.

Either way even with this change the survivors still have the game in their favor.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

Not really a nerf when it was actually a fix of bugged mechanics.

• CallMeRusty420
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

You call that a nerf? lol. That's a mechanic fix bud. You survs shouldn't be teleporting because of a magical piece of wood

• Grey87
    edited May 2018
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

You call that a nerf? lol. That's a mechanic fix bud. You survs shouldn't be teleporting because of a magical piece of wood

Was never a "bug" that needs a "fix". It's a change - a nerf.
    And I'm playing both side ya biased killer main kid. Go cry to mommy.
    Also , I agree with the change, silly kid.

I knew coming to these forums wont change anything from the steam forums. Same dumb biased kids crying and assuming bs.
    Shame.

• Grey87
    Options

@AlexAnarchy said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

Not really a nerf when it was actually a fix of bugged mechanics.

Please do show me the devs saying it was a bug. Please.
    You can;t because they never said it's a bug.

• CallMeRusty420
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

Was never a "bug".

I never said it was a bug. I said it was a mechanic fix. And how am I biased? That comment came out of no where. IT's true that survs are too OP and should be nerfed. It's no secret either. The only one who seems baised here is you bud. Relax.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

Was never a "bug" that needs a "fix". It's a change - a nerf.
    Also , I agree with the change, silly kid.

I knew coming to these forums wont change anything from the steam forums. Same dumb biased kids crying and assuming bs.
    Shame.

Oh you added more. Let's see here.
    reads your tantrum fit statement
    So what am I baised for and can you provide actual facts? And assuming bs? What bs? The only one here assuming is you assuming that I'm assuming some great catastrophe as you seem to make it out to be lol

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    I never said it was a bug. I said it was a mechanic fix. And how am I biased? That comment came out of nowhere. IT's true that survs are too OP and should be nerfed. It's no secret either. The only one who seems baied here is you bud. Relax.

If its a mechanic that needs fixing, its ether a bug or a rework.

I honestly don't care if it was a bug fix, rework or a nerf. Its a good thing overall.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    I never said it was a bug. I said it was a mechanic fix. And how am I biased? That comment came out of nowhere. IT's true that survs are too OP and should be nerfed. It's no secret either. The only one who seems baied here is you bud. Relax.

If its a mechanic that needs fixing, its ether a bug or a rework.

I honestly don't care if it was a bug fix, rework or a nerf. Its a good thing overall.

Yeah I'm with ya man. Let's just let the cranky kiddo cool down. It seems that he's mad that he doesn't have his magical pieces of wood anymore. For shame.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

It indirectly nerfs them but it's more along the lines of mechanical changes that make the game more streamlined.

The vacuum itself I'm not sure was intentional. If it wasn't, it isn't a nerf at all but rather a bug fix. Considering they had removed vacuums on windows, they needed to do the same for pallets.

Either way even with this change the survivors still have the game in their favor.

You are correct. I think you and me should actually discuss the balance and come up with ideas to present to the devs. You seem to not be biased and know that your favorite role is the OP role when it shouldn't be. You have my respect.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018
    Options

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

You are correct. I think you and me should actually discuss the balance and come up with ideas to present to the devs. You seem to not be biased and know that your favorite role is the OP role when it shouldn't be. You have my respect.

Oh good sir you are only just getting to know me. I've been in this community since the game came out and I've been against things like SWF since Day 1. I made a Petition on Steam that garnered over 3k comments asking for a Ranked and Casual mode, but the devs ignored it (yes they knew of its existence as well. I directly gave it to Dave Richard).

I'm the Survivor main all other Survivor mains hate.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Grey87 said:

@CallMeRusty420 said:
    Killers? Or Survivors?

Lol what?

Oh good sir you are only just getting to know me. I've been in this community since the game came out and I've been against things like SWF since Day 1. I made a Petition on Steam that garnered over 3k comments asking for a Ranked and Casual mode, but the devs ignored it (yes they knew of its existence as well. I directly gave it to Dave Richard).

I'm the Survivor main all other Survivor mains hate.

Well then let them hate you. They're the kind of people that are Ochiduh wannabes that want all their crutches. You and me are the few that want this game balanced, fun, and intense for both Killer and Survivors. I say we band together and see if we can come up with something cool.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685
    Options

Please do show me the devs saying it was a bug. Please.
    You can;t because they never said it's a bug.

If you ca'nt tell that regular humans are'nt meant to be teleporting around pieces of wood then you must simply be something less than braindead sadly.

• CallMeRusty420
    Options

@SaltyKiller said:

@Runiver said:
    Survivors.

Tho it's slowly getting better. Survivors are also improving quite a bit tho, which is good.
    The emblem system improved the match quality at high ranks significantly, at least for me.

This. If the devs left the game as-is and just added new characters then I would have dropped it. It is still very frustrating at how agonizingly slow they are when it comes to balancing the game and I would prefer if they just took a few months off from creating new content and just focused on the balance.

Instead of little patches every 3-6 months just one big giant patch that fixes all of the glaring humongously bad design choices.

Remove instant heal from the medkit.

Change DS into something else.

Nerf Adrenaline.

Nerf Self Care.

Nerf Sprint Burst.

Reduce the number of pallets.

Remove the key. They don't need an instant escape.

Address the horribly designed loop spots in certain maps.

Slow down gen progression and/or give Survivors more to do (I.E. they have to get gas and parts before they can work on a gen).

Remove body blocking when picking someone up and hooking them.

Balance for SWF.

And then, finally, you'd have a balanced game. Or as close to balanced as you can get.

Nerf NOED and, nerf BBQ. Go do it. If the changes I listed above are made then I'm fine with them nerfing some Killer perks.

Nah they don't need to nerf anything Killer related. They've done that enough cough cough Freddy