If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Clown Memento Mori idea - Something Better

Options
Judgement
Judgement Member Posts: 955

My last discussion got deleted for some reason when I edited it, so here's a repost.

I've heard on the DBD Discord about the Clown's Memento Mori.
I haven't seen it myself - I don't think I could watch it - but apparently it involves the Clown biting off a Survivor's fingers and then stomping on their heads?
I don't care to give another generic-kill idea like this - I care that the devs missed an amazing opportunity for a Memento Mori.

The contents of the Clown's bottle is obviously a liquid that becomes a gas when exposed to air. A glass bottle cannot be pressurised to contain that much gas that covers that much of an area, because glass is extremely brittle unlike steel.
The contents being liquid is the only explanation for how there can be that much gas when the glass is thrown and broken.
So the Clown should force-feed the Bottle's contents to Survivors for his Memento Mori.

This wouldn't be the first or only kill that a Killer uses with his power - Nurse warps to choke, Freddy kills them in the dream world, and Billy and Leather use their chainsaws.
It is an extremely missed opportunity however that the devs didn't decide to go this route.

The gas from the clown's bottle causes lethargy, nausea, confusion, and blindness when it's just inhaled. Imagine what it would do when it's consumed orally?
I have two ideas - for one, it could be an extremely toxic substance that causes fatal vomiting to the point where the Survivor would vomit their guts out and die, or for two it could be a potent acid that corrodes the Survivor from the inside-out.

It's not like either of these would be the most gruesome Memento Mori in the game. Look at the Hag Mori - she literally tears out and eats her victim's guts after biting a chunk out of their throat and eating that too. That suggests the devs aren't afraid of putting gore in this game, and they are definitely capable of it.
The Clown's Mori could have been so much more creative than a finger-bite and headstomp.

TL;DR: Make Clown Memento Mori force-feed the Bottle's contents to Survivors to kill them.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

Comments

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    edited May 2018
    Options
    How about pulling open the survivors mouth — force feeding the contents within the bottle and then slashing open the survivor’s throat, releasing the pink gas.
  • Mr_Grumpy
    Mr_Grumpy Member Posts: 76
    Options

I think his Mori is actually quite good, it suits his Lore, the only thing that bothers me is that there is no cracking sound when he stomp on the Survivors Head.

• Twix
    Twix Member Posts: 235
    Options

@Mr_Grumpy said:
    I think his Mori is actually quite good, it suits his Lore, the only thing that bothers me is that there is no cracking sound when he stomp on the Survivors Head.

It doesn't feel gruesome enough though :( a finger is nothing.. at least let the head crack open or something lol

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,785
    Options

The mori fits perfectly with his lore. He doesn't care much about the kill, but rather about his collectibles.
    Besides, the content of his bottle is a narcotic that works when inhaled. When ingested it could loose a lot of effectivness and take hours to make significant effects. Unless you like to watch a survivor slowly getting into a coma, I'd stick with the headstomps

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Just noticed the Clown's Mori is 14 seconds.
    New record for longest Mori, and he achieves it with a mile of distance as well.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188
    Options

I actually like Clown's mori. Maybe, as some have said, tweak the sound effects.