We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Including Consoles in PTB

R52G
R52G Member Posts: 257

So with upcoming cross-play and other things involving all players interacting with each other, I think it would be a great idea to include consoles and other platforms in the PTB. There are always problems they spot in the PTB but that’s only on PC. I don’t think what happens on PC should dictate how everyone else could play. Especially if there are problems on console or switch or etc. that isn’t seen until way after they release the chapter.

Comments

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

The thing is that you actually have to use your game files in order to access the PTB, consoles can't edit their game files

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 23,015

It's mostly down to certification processes I believe, it's not possible for us to do this in the same way for consoles as we can on Steam. Which is why it's only the Steam platform that has the PTB (not even MS Store which is also a PC platform). With Steam we can also make changes very quickly if it's needed which is not the same for other platforms, and its very necessary to have that on the PTB.

So whilst I am sure we'd love to have the PTB across more platforms, it's not going to be possible I'm afraid.

• averycoolname
    averycoolname Member Posts: 22

I think the issue is that you need to actually download an update to get to the PTB and then to redownload the Live game when youre done, its not a flip you switch and suddenly you are on the PTB, you actually need to download and redownload the game atleast twice to go from Live to PTB to Live