Is Pyramid Head's Punishment of the damned meant to act like shred?

When you fully charge the power and press M1 for Punishment of The Damned right after it just M1's, Is this a bug or is it meant to be like this?

Is makes sense with Demo's Shred because if Demo doesn't charge it enough it should be an M1, but Punishment of the damned doesn't go further the longer you charge it.

If you're wondering what I mean you can look at this: https://youtu.be/jiDMXvPZfNk

Comments

• BigBrainMegMain
    BigBrainMegMain Member Posts: 3,826

Yes. It's the same mechanic with a 5 second punishment.

I've been avoiding it, I've been getting 4ks without it.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 923

That's the feeling I've been getting. I've played a lot a demogorgon and PH range attack feels very similar to gorgens shred in how it should be used, but the movement and aiming it is still quite different.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

As a Demo main; Not really.

While they both need to charge their attacks, both

Demo get slowed down to 92% once his shred is fully charged and has a length of 11 meters with full camera mobility, with a 2.25 seconds of cooldown on missed attacks (if I recall correctly) and 3 seconds cooldown when hitting survivors (which is a bit less than the normal cooldown for hitting a survivors with your M1)

Pyramid head gets slowed down minimally to just 110% when using his power, at the cost of lesser camera mobility and a hefty cooldown which is justified considering his ranged attack is the only one that can go through walls

Overall I think Pyramid Heads ranged attack is harder to use, but is overall more rewarding and has more potential than demos shred. But demos shred is easier and more fun to use so I will stick with him

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

Cages are bad because don't activate perks like pop, devour and bbq

Range attack is bad because bad designed

What an amazing job, BHVR!

• coppersly
    coppersly Member Posts: 2,318

It's really sad I was so hoping his range attack would let him become like a new Nurse for the game. Oh well :(.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,380

I think the only similarity they have is they both can get free hits from window vaults.

PH's ranged attack is too punishing to use outside of guaranteed hits from survivors being stuck in animations like vaulting whereas Demo's shred is still pretty usable up close to preserve STBFL stacks.