Do you think Pyramid Head needs to nerfed, buffed, or is fine the way he is?

Noire
Noire Member Posts: 41

I've seen the reception to him being very split. Many say he's op and need to be nerfed to the ground while others say he's weak and needs quite a few buffs.

What side are you guys on or do you think he's relatively fine the way he is now.

Comments

• dhealy646
    dhealy646 Member Posts: 462

Definitely needs buffed. I could tell he was going to be around myers tier when they described his power. He needs to be bumped up to atleast demogorgon tier

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    edited June 2020

Wait on it.

Hell no, it works fine right now Pyramid Heads literally get free downs on me by preventing vaults, and when I try to bait it, they just M1. If you had to, I'd personally reduce his punishment for missing his power attack a bit. So maybe from 3 seconds to 2.5?

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

The one thing that would make him better. You can't move left and right whilst using your power and you need to move forward to navigate, let him move left and right without having to go forward. Also let bbq work.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited June 2020

Needs a buff.

Just reduce the recovery time after his Rites of Judgement attack by a second and make it apply Torment to reward good plays.

Currently he feels like he wastes more time putting his trenches around the map and at loops in an attempt to get people Tormented, than the actual time he saves sending them to cages. Essentially it negates the point of them saving him time.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Strength wise he seems fine. Unfortunately he seems to attract the biggest ######### in the game. As a side note. It was a brilliant idea to bring out a challenge that requires mutual hook saves along side a killer that skips hooks. Really well thought out.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

"Literally gets free downs on ME"

Sorry dawg, rest is invalid.

• JacksonWise
    JacksonWise Member Posts: 651

I think it's gonna take a few months to see where he really stands but I think he's fine the way he is right now. His cages help him save time and split pressure, but he has to invest time into making the trails, which survivors may or may not step in. His punishment of the damned attack helps him a lot in a chase, but it has a high skill cap and can be easy to dodge. He counters DS and BT, but also can't use PGTW or BBQ&C as effectively, so people playing him will need to be pretty consistent in chase to make up for it. Otherwise, gens will still just get done too fast.

TL;DR he has a roughly equal amount of strengths and weaknesses so I think he's pretty balanced at the moment.

• Poweas
    edited June 2020

Yes, ignore my post because I'm describing how some people are using it to create a situation where it's difficult for a survivor to do anything and actually learning the new killer instead of asking for buffs so soon.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

I'm ignoring your post because it truly adds nothing to the conversation.

You get denied a vault and complain about it instead of adapting, or "learning the killer" as you put it.

It's okay.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

lots of buffs.

• Poweas

I never complained, you completely misinterpreted it. I said it doesn't need changes there if he can easily prevent it. My bad if it sounded like I was complaining.

• Poweas
  • immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652

Just let me control my aim a bit better and he may just he ok..that or make the line attack a bit faster..with how narrow and punishing it is on top slow clunky controls , seems wrong I can throw a pallet and still dead hard before the attack goes through when I made the bad read

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Buffed in some areas, but with nerfs in other areas. Right now his power is punishing (ironically) to use, and his cages aren't really worth using, but his camping and tunneling potential rivals Bubba. I mean, he can literally stand in front of the cage and survivors can't perform the unhook action.

He just needs some tweaks all across his basekit to make him more fun and interactive for both sides. For instance, make the cages spawn as far away as possible from all players, not just Pyramid Head so insta-saves don't happen, but make Pyramid Head unable to see the aura of the cage until the unhook happens. Make the Punishment of the Dammed break dropped pallets but ends the attack after it breaks it, so Pyramid Head can't just follow the survivor at a loop with his blade dragging and the survivor literally cannot do anything to avoid being downed. Make him able to aim and flick his Punishment of the Dammed so there's a skill ceiling to it and it's not so pathetically easy to dodge. Stuff like that.

• Puffieball
    Puffieball Member Posts: 64

I like playing against him. He could use a buff which I wouldn't mind either. The only thing that is total bullshit to me is the fact that if you rescue someone from the cage in the terror radius the survivor being rescued doesn't get borrowed time where as a rescue from the hook in a terror radius would.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,360

The main thing that needs adjustment is his range attack. The risk/reward for it is very off. Little reason to use it outside of guaranteed hits from survivors locked in vaulting animation as it's not easy to hit and you get hit with a long stun for using it that makes you lose a lot of distance.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

He doesn't need any buffs.

Cages need to be changed. The tunneling is ridiculous.

• Krilkal
    Krilkal Member Posts: 68

He needs some add-ons that speed up his" punishment of the damned"-power or reduce the cd instead of blindness or haemorrhage add-ons (Very rare add-ons btw 🙄).

At least he didn't get any "more bp, less power" add-ons

• ActulCasul
    ActulCasul Member Posts: 178

Buff his chase Nerf his tunneling capabilities.

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

I've only played him twice so that's worrying if nobody plays him

• cheetocultleader
    cheetocultleader Member Posts: 1,259

Fine where he is but review his perks.

• EldritchElise87
    EldritchElise87 Member Posts: 626

You could spam Dispair too quickly in the PTB< but where the cooldown is right now is overly punishing, either reduce the cooldown a little, or shorten the amount of time the glow on the ground appears for surviors, as right now it is very easy to dodge.

Cages are fine but you shouldnt be able to facecamp them, that should get fixed.

• Tactless_Ninja
    Tactless_Ninja Member Posts: 1,791

He's fine where he is. Can cover his tracks and attack as well as skip hooks. The guy is a terror and people wanna buff him. Absurd.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

What ya'll need. Is to give it more time. Let people go up the ranks with and against him.

We need to see the best and the worst before we go changing anything. Current things are speculation. Perhaps within a week or 2 there will be some big brain revelation and he will need to be nerfed to the ground or, he will be about average and get a slight buff that totally won't make him busted.

Just chill out and wait.

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001

I'd say he needs a buff, or at least make him how he was on the PTB, he feels like he has a bigger cooldown than before but that is just me.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I think he has a lot of potential since he can injure survivors whenever they are in an animation lock, so his chase potential is pretty strong. I think it's too early to really say if he needs buffs or nerfs, but I would definitely say that his tunneling potential needs to be weakened, as it's just too good at the moment.

And he might need some other small buffs, I wish the tormented status effect did something else in addition to its current effect. Something that helps him with his lacking map pressure.

• Decarcassor
    Decarcassor Member Posts: 651

Rites of Judgment does nothing in chases and is complelty avoidable when outside of chases. As a result the Tormented status is very unreliable to apply efficiently. Not that it does anything by itself.

Punishment of the Damned is extremely easy to dodge unless the survivors are locked in some kind of animation or are trapped in a narrow space, and the recovery time is huge, giving survivors a lot of distance if you don't down them with it. Against good survivors, you end using it as a bait and switch into basic attack to counter the pallet or vault bait from the survivors. A power that is best not used is just boring and sad.

Cages of Attonement are also best not used in most situations. Sending a survivor to the opposite end of the map will often lead to an immediate and safe rescue. And in the few cases where you might want to use the cage because picking up the survivor would be risky or to resume pressure quicker, you will very often not be able to, because the survivor you want to cage will have avoided the Tormented status anyway.

So at the end of the day, what you do as Pyramid Head is a lot of regular M1 killer normal gameplay.

Various possible buffs:

-Rescuing a survivor from a Cage of Attonement only remove the Tormented status from the rescued, not the rescuer.

-Punishment of the Damned apply the Tormented status.

-Reduce the recovery time of Punishment of the Damned or make it faster and harder to avoid.

-Remove the Blindness immunity (white aura) of Cages of Attonement.

• Desh
    Desh Member Posts: 1,118

They need to fix the way he moves using his power, it feels clunky and as if it wasn't finished yet. They also need to release some sort of guide on what his power does and does not affect. A lot of people don't know what his power actually negates in terms of perks and people don't know what the cage allows and disallows.

• Ashwitherton
    Ashwitherton Member Posts: 83
    edited June 2020

Personally I love him the way he is he is just so balanced in my opinion I have a play style for him that works so well and he just feels so satisfying to play with and against so I think neither he dosent need nerfs because he is perfectly balanced and just because you cant get to a brain dead loop or use your cruchy ds perk on him dosent meen to say hes op so stfu but at the same time he dosent need a buff because you cant just give him brain dead range and turning with his power you need to have it fair and dogable

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Strength-wise he is in a good place right now. But imo he needs some tweaking to remove the tunneling factor because rn its way to easy to avoid DS the entire time and tunnel everyone down. Not really fun and fair.