The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Diversity in perks

Ok, so I have been playing this game for all of a week... I'm not ranked, I haven't really figured out half the dbd lingo...(what is juking?) I haven't even reached level 20 on the blood web. I've only ever managed to kill 3 survivors in the same game, and I escape 40-50 percent of the time. But I have played about equally as a survivor and a killer.

I've seen 'cheaters'... The survivors working with the killers to point out where I am, kill me quick, and then chase\wiggle\pallet drop over and over again to earn blood points...

I'm still having a great time.

When I read the forums, I see lots of survivors crying "this killer is OP!" I can say I have played against almost all of of the killers, and I don't feel like any of them Are OP (at least not at low level... Can't speak for high ranks)

What I can say, is that I think it is pretty unfair that survivors have a 'catch all' build with their perks that counter almost all of the killers. All the reading I have done says to equip these 4-6 survivor perks to be able to beat all the killers... (I understand killers also have a similar blanket solution towards survivors, but I haven't looked into killers as much, because I don't honestly have many on their perks yet and was planning on being a survivor first ... But those wait times yuck!)

I don't think it should be like that. I think that survivor perks should be more specific? Like equipping these 4 perks works great against killers x,y, and z, but is useless against killers a, b, and c....

I can see survivors arguing that it isn't fair because they can't predict what killer they will be up against... But I feel like there are certain killers I can play better against than others... Like I seem to sucks vs huntress, but I have had 0 problems beating any doctor (so far...) So I would equip perks to counter huntress, just in case.

I don't think there should be a "blanket" immunity to all killers... It supposed to be a horror game, I want to be scared... I want unpredictability... I want to have strategy... I don't want to win because I have the best perks (killer or survivor) I want to have fun. I want more close calls . I want a 50\50 win lose no matter what side I play.

*Shrug*

I want to be afraid.