Chapter 17 Speculation

R52G
R52G Member Posts: 257

Hey y’all I know it’s very early to even mention this but I wanted to talk to y’all about chapter 17 and see what y’all thing it could involve. What are y’all’s thoughts?

Comments

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

IMO I think that next chapter will be candyman. Think, all the leaks they put out looked towards candyman (except that mccote tweet), the colours, skull shapes, the discord April fools etc.

My thought is that companies don't like their things being falsely advertised, and of course, a good chunk of the hype for this update was for candyman due to the leaks. But it was pyramid head. So either:

A) The devs intentionally (or unintentionally) hinted towards candyman in order to build hype, and they could do this because they knew that candyman is the next killer and the company that own him wont be a bit pissed.

B) The devs intentionally (or unintentionally) hinted towards candyman in order to build hype (again), but they don't have the licence for candyman, and we most likely will never get him if this is the case.

However Tony Todd (actor of candyman) has liked a few tweets sent by the devs and leaks by daylight, which i'm guessing is a signal that they don't hate BHVR.

It's a bit of a stretch, but whatever.

• TwistedJoke65
    TwistedJoke65 Member Posts: 316

I really hope it's Candyman. He would fit so well with the astetic and the all out creepyness. It would also be cool if they had him be a talking killer, give him a bit of voice lines. Candyman would be perfect for that. His voice is so iconic. At least to me. I did a chapter idea for him a little bit ago. I called it swarms of doubt. Just an bit of ideas, like Helen being a survivor and Cabrini green being the map. I don't think it's that big of a stretch. A lot of things point towards Candyman so I wouldn't doubt it.

• R52G
    R52G Member Posts: 257

What did the full chapter detail you had for this look like?

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

Chapter 17: The Angler's Release

New Killer: The Floppy Fish

Angered by being thrown back by the angler at a young age, this small fry still feels the pain from the hook in its mouth. So many friends lost to the humans above. They will know no mercy.

The Floppy Fish slaps survivors down and flops them on the hook. By flopping all over the map at very high speeds nothing is scarier.

Survivor: Ted

Ted forgot to close his tackle box one day and when he came back the worms dragged him into the realm of the Entity where he met The Floppy Fish. Running into the forest out of fear he now tries his best to survive and tell his fishing buddies a whopper of a tale.

Coming soon to a pallet loop near you.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

They don't do 2 licenced in a row i think so no Chucky :(

There was that thing about a "lava chapter" people found so hopefully a pyromaniac next

• finitethrills
    finitethrills Member Posts: 617

Uhm. Nightmare on Elm Street was followed by Saw, and Ghostface was followed by Stranger Things.

Licensed chapters are more based on availability of a license (as in, the timing of when they get offered the license) than any actually release rule.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2020

I laughed way too hard at both of these.

That's not a confirmed statement at all, and in fact they have done 2 licensed chapters in a row in the past before.

Chapter XII was Ghostface

Chapter XIII was Stranger Things

EDIT: Multiple times actually. I forgot that:

Chapter VI was A Nightmare on Elm Street

Chapter VII was SAW

Not to mention a month before Chapter VI they released Paragraph II: Leatherface.

and right before Chapter XII, Paragraph III: Ash vs Evil Dead released.

So there's no rule about having multiple licensed properties back to back, and in fact they've repeatedly proven that statement wrong on multiple counts.

The Silent Hill chapter content wise was a lot better than I thought it would be, and I actually am enjoying Pyramid Head a lot, but I had hyped myself up so much for something absolutely incredible like Candyman or Pennywise, or Pinhead, maybe the Xenomorph, or hell even Jason became a more viable candidate than ever before which I was low-key half expecting. I won't be satisfied until the next licensed chapter comes out, whenever that is.

So I'm reeeeeaaally hoping the next chapter is licensed.

• Guiltron
    Guiltron Member Posts: 149

Lava Chapter was a placeholder for the Silent Hill DLC.

• fredericoevandro
    fredericoevandro Member Posts: 10

I bet on Candyman, in addition to the clues that have emerged, the new film is scheduled for release in September, it would be a good period for a new chapter, about 4 months after the chapter Silent Hill;

• tixerp
    tixerp Member Posts: 270

I'd really enjoy for them to slow down, not make a new chapter, and just refine what they have. We're at 20 killers and even more survivors. With how complicated/convoluted some killer powers are getting, I'd really love if BHVR just took a good amount of months to refine everything they have currently in the game now (killer reworks, 1st person moris for all, more map variants, QOL changes, more items, BUG FIXES, maybe base perks?)

I know that's not gonna happen though. So I'll just settle for Hellraiser chapter, or a werewolf killer. Maybe a vampire.

• SansUndertale
    SansUndertale Member Posts: 30

I really hope we get a Baldi chapter. He's an extremely scary character and the game is one the best and innovative horror games to come out in the past 5 years along with FNAF.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I'll keep wanting Alien until it happens.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I think it will be another killer-only chapter: Wall-E. Last one cleans the entity

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I'd like to say that it actually might not be too early to talk about.

At least according to their 4th year stream, they said they prepare chapters multiple months before they come out...which makes complete sense.

Anyway, i mean that most likely things are already being made.

My money's on an original chapter.

• Cius
    Cius Member Posts: 86
    edited June 2020

I think it will be a killer that hooks you just by looking at you and the new map will not have pallets

as always each chapter more fun than the last