So when are sounds gonna be a priority?

Options

They've been broken for LITERALLY. Y E A R S.

And I think at least now most people realise just how bad the situation is. And all we've ever gotten is "oops, oh well it's hard to do sounds hehe tough luck buddy."

How is it that no other game has THIS amount of problems not only with bugs but just bad echolocation in general? Siege can adapt sound to walls and ceilings breaking, Y axis is unreliable, but at least you can HEAR something. Valorant is (purposely) loud as #########, but at least it's CONSISTENT. How is it acceptable for these issues to STILL be in the game?

It's not that it's unfixable, it's just that no one at BHVR really seems to care that much about it. If there was a real team of people dedicated to fixing this issue it would have been fixed a year ago, when these bugs were already present and not as AWFUL as they are right now.

On top of that, my game freezes for a solid second every time the killer hits me or something meaningful happens, and I have a ######### RTX2060, which might not be the best but it's definitely not on the lower end of GPUs.

Comments

• MongolPSR
    MongolPSR Member Posts: 1,032
    Options

i wanna put the fix this door meme but don't know how :(

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Gamebreaking bug with DS - fixed in 5 days.

Gamebreaking bugs with sound - fixed NEVEEEEEEEEEER!

GO BUY MORE OF OUR OVERPRICED DLC'S! NOW ONLY 14,99$!

(Which are totally not "DLC", becasuse you are forced to download them even if you don't own them. Its more akin to a license .)

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

Chasing purely based on sight has been absolutely miserable the last couple days. Once I finish the killer side of the archives I’ll probably move to pure survivor for a while, even though I really want to master PHead.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

The problem is they keep adding content to the game, which just keeps making the problem worse and worse, until a point where we are at now where they have to untangle this massive ball of yarn to get to the real issues. I'd like for them to fix this but I doubt it will ever get fixed.

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
    Options

I'm just amazed they're still pretending everything's fine and we don't need a break from new chapters and have a real, fully fledged Operatio Health.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,547
    Options

I would absolutely love a “chapter” that was one big ball of bug fixes. Call it the “revitalization of the fog” chapter or whatnot.

• BigTimeGamer
    BigTimeGamer Member Posts: 1,752
    Options

its incredibly lucky this game has no competition

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options

@BigTimeGamer that's the joy of monopolies. Until dbd gets some real competition they have no actual incentive to prioritise qol

It's far more lucrative to scrape by and pump out cash grabs such as lisa garland

Real disappointing

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

Competition doesn't equal to better game. PUBG is the best example of that.

• DetailedDetriment
    DetailedDetriment Member Posts: 2,632
    Options

In all of my survivor matches today, I've made bo sound when falling. No woah, no grunt, and no footsteps after running.

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250
    Options

@hahahillbillygobroom true but it gives businesses actual reason to focus on the health of their game otherwise ppl will leave for their competitors

With monopolies it doesn't matter. You'll be back as there's nothing else offering the same kind of experience

• BraveClem
    BraveClem Member Posts: 333
    Options

they didn't even fix the hook screams yet,shame

• hahadrillgobrrr
    hahadrillgobrrr Member Posts: 953
    Options

You make a good point but I disagree that with monopoly it doesn't matter. Sure it might take some pressure off and give some leeway but you can't just go on autopilot and cash in the profits.

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

Yup same. And I've gotten free Iron Will at least once every single match.

And obviously no footsteps whatsoever except for wooden tiles like the Saloon.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480
    Options

I'm not going to lie, I haven't noticed a lot of audio bugs but I'm guessing that it has to be because it's harder to tell when sound isn't happening as opposed to if there was a sound that was happening that shouldn't be there (like with the newer chainsaw sound bugs) but I do have to agree that as of recent I've been seeing them a lot. The aforementioned chainsaw one is one that I've seen as a pretty obvious one for a while, but with the new patch it seems like it's gotten worse. Scott Jund did a good video on it, where he showcased it with him playing killer and chasing a Dwight and Bill (I think?) and they were literally not making any noise whatsoever (no pain grunts, no footsteps on terrain and such). Also he showed that if you were to drop from a height where you'd kind of do the "waahhh!" sound as you're falling, the sound doesn't happen, nor does the sound of your character hitting the ground or the sound of the terrain when you hit the ground. That's some really bad audio, since it pretty much means that every survivor just gets free Iron Will and half of the effects of Balanced Landing.

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

Yeah I saw the video, it's actually insane. For some time I thought I was the problem, then I realised sounds are just stupidly ######### beyond acceptable.