Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:
    I said she’d be op then you said “Well it’s a 4v1 horror game. Killer should actually be strong while the survivors should be scared.” So I think I just misinterpreted that as a response instead of it’s own statement my bad on that one

70% of the matches are SWF.

Hm? I thought 48,3%. Or maybe we should stop pulling stats out of our asses.

Devs said in a stream that 70% of all matches contain SWF.
    But i´m to tired to search the stream for you, to proof you again, wrong.

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Anyway, nice, boi. You're counting 2 men SWF in the statistics you're using to cater balance. Way to go with statistic manipulation. Meh.

About 30% of the SWF groups are 4 stacks. That leaves the other 40% of SWF users to be 2 and 3 mans.

This doesn't change the fact that 70% of games have some kind of SWF.

Stat manipulation? You mean like how the devs did to make it seem like SC only had a 21% pick rate among Survivors? Meh.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:
    Sorry, but this game wasnt made or designed with the ability to play with friends in mind. SWF gives you a massive advantage, there should be a downside to it as well, as do some perks and addons. That's called balance. If you dont want the disadvantages, play within the intended balance.

I've already done the theoretical math in my petition that garnered over 3k comments on Steam. Wait times wouldn't really be affected too much and if anything, would cause the playerbase to grow by attracting old solo players and Killers alike.

Growth and profit at the expense of fun for one of the sides isn't good game design, it's shilling for the majority and dropping your initial vision for profit. This kind of artistic murder is shameful. People who bought this game to play with friends when it first came out bought the wrong game. Devs knew SWF would be unbalanced, wo they opted no to include at it first until they could figure out how to balance it.

Survivor mains whined and review bombed and made them cave. Yet when Killers review bomb and whine, they get told to get over it. Funny how these things work.

Sorry, but the developers weren't always right since the beginning inception of the game. There is no magical merit to clinging onto original developer statements like a messiah.

Playing with friends should be encouraged. Cooperation should be encouraged. This game is a team game and players should not be penalized for inviting more players to play with them and buy the game. Networking is a powerful tool for the game's growth and maintenance, and the developers know it.

Okay... I would be impressed if you managed to prove reliability or validity in your data and analysis...

Idealistic masturbation and Puritan gatekeeping over a specific preference of play will only prohibit improvement of the game. "Artistic" doesn't mean "original", and "growth" doesn't mean "bad". People who bought the game at its inception are not the only players that get a say in the game's direction, and their voices have no more merit than other players. Devs knew that prohibiting SWF limited growth and player retention, and they merely took the step in a direction you cannot appreciate.

Thanks for the anecdotes buddy.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:
    I said she’d be op then you said “Well it’s a 4v1 horror game. Killer should actually be strong while the survivors should be scared.” So I think I just misinterpreted that as a response instead of it’s own statement my bad on that one

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Anyway, nice, boi. You're counting 2 men SWF in the statistics you're using to cater balance. Way to go with statistic manipulation. Meh.

I said that 70% of all matches are SWF. Doesn´t matter if its 2, 3 or 4.
    So that´s statistic manipulation for you.

And yes, again. Last summer you said, that many killers love to play against 4x SWF with flashlights. I asked others, and proofed you wrong. (Please don´t ask me why i remember those dumb things)

• weirdkid5

@Visionmaker said:

@weirdkid5 said:
    Sorry, but this game wasnt made or designed with the ability to play with friends in mind. SWF gives you a massive advantage, there should be a downside to it as well, as do some perks and addons. That's called balance. If you dont want the disadvantages, play within the intended balance.

I've already done the theoretical math in my petition that garnered over 3k comments on Steam. Wait times wouldn't really be affected too much and if anything, would cause the playerbase to grow by attracting old solo players and Killers alike.

Growth and profit at the expense of fun for one of the sides isn't good game design, it's shilling for the majority and dropping your initial vision for profit. This kind of artistic murder is shameful. People who bought this game to play with friends when it first came out bought the wrong game. Devs knew SWF would be unbalanced, wo they opted no to include at it first until they could figure out how to balance it.

Survivor mains whined and review bombed and made them cave. Yet when Killers review bomb and whine, they get told to get over it. Funny how these things work.

Sorry, but the developers weren't always right since the beginning inception of the game. There is no magical merit to clinging onto original developer statements like a messiah.

Playing with friends should be encouraged. Cooperation should be encouraged. This game is a team game and players should not be penalized for inviting more players to play with them and buy the game. Networking is a powerful tool for the game's growth and maintenance, and the developers know it.

Okay... I would be impressed if you managed to prove reliability or validity in your data and analysis...

Idealistic masturbation and Puritan gatekeeping over a specific preference of play will only prohibit improvement of the game. "Artistic" doesn't mean "original", and "growth" doesn't mean "bad". People who bought the game at its inception are not the only players that get a say in the game's direction, and their voices have no more merit than other players. Devs knew that prohibiting SWF limited growth and player retention, and they merely took the step in a direction you cannot appreciate.

You lost me at cooperation should be encouraged. Read the store description of the game.

Work with your team... or don't.

This is not a team game. You have the opportunity to work with your team, but ultimately you are playing for yourself. Sorry 70% of the playerbase doesn't understand this concept.

• weirdkid5

If people want team comms as a main part of this game, i'll pull a Mathieu Cote here.

Play something else. Go play Deathgarden, a game that is balanced around teamplay and comms from the get go, not a game that was originally balanced around solos, and would need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL in order to to balance it properly for teams.

• Visionmaker
    edited May 2018

@weirdkid5 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@weirdkid5 said:

You lost me at cooperation should be encouraged. Read the store description of the game.

This is not a team game. You have the opportunity to work with your team, but ultimately you are playing for yourself. Sorry 70% of the playerbase doesn't understand this concept.

You say this while there is an Altruism Emblem that dictates performance as helping and cooperating with others. Points, performance ranking, and a higher chance of survival isn't encouraging team play, in your eyes?

You confuse "encourage" and "force", and pretend that just because you aren't forced to act as a teammate, survivors are not a team.

Meanwhile, the sole mechanic that caters to uncooperative teammates is the hatch, which, coincidentally, is getting a hefty nerf.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@weirdkid5 said:
    This video right here is the reason Killers hate you all so much. Excuse the language, especially at the end of the video:

Worst Game In A Long Time

For those not willing to watch the clip, I ended up winning this one. I made a few mistakes here and there as Killer as it has been a minute, but I just wanted this to be here to show how hypocritical Survivor mains really are. Keep in mind I AM A SURVIVOR MAIN.

This is why Killers camp you. This is why Killers hate you. This is why they all call you a bunch of babies that have to have their hands held. Where is your sense of respect and honor? These guys had the gall to call me a tryhard, but seemed to be a full 4 stack, looped me, teabagged me, taunted me, disrespected me as a Killer at every opportunity, and then quit my game when they get bodied?

This game is still hugely frustrating. You can see towards the end of the video how my screen is shaking, because I'm so angry my hand cannot stay still. These players continue to make playing Killer a living nightmare. The new pallet changes are good, there are several instances in this video where I manage to land hits I otherwise wouldn't have due to the removal of the vacuum.

However the problem of looping is still ever so present. As you can see, pallet spawns are still absolutely ridiculous. At what point do you plan to make this game fun for the Killers, BHVR?

Honestly, 30 seconds into the video I can tell you your mistake already.
    There is a twitchtv name in your lobby, if you dont feel like dodging him, then prepare for the most toxic, most frustrating game :wink:

And then they didnt even have a single DS; imagine a DS/flashlight squad....

Ingame, well if you follow the best looping survivor then you will lose 100%, everybody knows that the game isnt balanced. You only chance is to get the weak survivor in the team and tunnel him, maybe you can even bait one of the good loopers at the hook and get him like that

• Tsulan

@weirdkid5 said:
    If people want team comms as a main part of this game, i'll pull a Mathieu Cote here.

Play something else. Go play Deathgarden, a game that is balanced around teamplay and comms from the get go, not a game that was originally balanced around solos, and would need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL in order to to balance it properly for teams.

My proposal was to introduce voice coms for everyone while black listing external voice coms.

• Vancold
    Vancold Member Posts: 188

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

And yes, again. Last summer you said, that many killers love to play against 4x SWF with flashlights. I asked others, and proofed you wrong. (Please don´t ask me why i remember those dumb things)

Yep. It matters. Because if you think it's the same SWF 2 and SWF 4, then I'm really REALLY glad you're far from being relevant balance-wise, as not a member of the devs team.

Lmao, so, your personal experience and those who you asked should matter regarding statistics? Bet you asked: "Do you like being BULLIED BY SWF 4-MEN-SQUAD CLAUDETTES 2 PFL 2 BNP?!?!".

Meh.

• Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647

@weirdkid5 said:

That just hurts your whole post by pulling that, but at your wish.

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited May 2018
    weirdkid5 said:

@Visionmaker said:

@weirdkid5 said:

Sorry 70% of the playerbase likes to enjoy a game they like with friends 
  • weirdkid5
    edited May 2018

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Yep. It matters. Because if you think it's the same SWF 2 and SWF 4, then I'm really REALLY glad you're far from being relevant balance-wise, as not a member of the devs team.

Lmao, so, your personal experience and those who you asked should matter regarding statistics? Bet you asked: "Do you like being BULLIED BY SWF 4-MEN-SQUAD CLAUDETTES 2 PFL 2 BNP?!?!".

Meh.

Comms advantage is comms advantage regardless of how many people use it. As a solo player I automatically am going to have an easier match if I am paired with a 2 or 3 stack. That's just how it is.

Far from relevant? If that's what you really think dude, but nice try trying to act like I'm not relevant balance wise is hilarious to me.

And yeah, personal experience matters? We all play the game to have fun. If one side isn't having much fun, there's probably an issue. Just saying. Nice assumption by the way, cause I've never even remotely came close to saying something like that.

@Zanfer It was a quip at the hypocrisy the devs and survivors continue to perpetuate. However, it is true that Deathgarden is balanced around teams from the start, whereas DbD would need a complete overhaul.

@ThePloopz I'm sorry 70% of the playerbase is ok with playing with their friends at the expense of game balance and their killer's own fun. Only the SWF fun matters.

• Vancold

Listen, dude. I don't even quote because I don't think it's that important. I wasn't even talking to you. In this thread you're too biased, you kind of repeat the same thing and often misunderstand other users points. There's no reasonable argument I want to bring up to show you another way to look at balance, you simply cannot accept it.

So, again, it wasn't for you my message.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018

@Vancold said:
    Listen, dude. I don't even quote because I don't think it's that important. I wasn't even talking to you. In this thread you're too biased, you kind of repeat the same thing and often misunderstand other users points. There's no reasonable argument I want to bring up to show you another way to look at balance, you simply cannot accept it.

So, again, it wasn't for you my message.

Funny considering I can say the same thing about a lot of the people who have posted in my opposition.

You're right though, that wasnt directed at me so I apologize.

• ThePloopz
    weirdkid5 said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Meh.

Comms advantage is comms advantage regardless of how many people use it. As a solo player I automatically am going to have an easier match if I am paired with a 2 or 3 stack. That's just how it is.

Far from relevant? If that's what you really think dude, but nice try trying to act like I'm not relevant balance wise is hilarious to me.

And yeah, personal experience matters? We all play the game to have fun. If one side isn't having much fun, there's probably an issue. Just saying. Nice assumption by the way, cause I've never even remotely came close to saying something like that.

@Zanfer It was a quip at the hypocrisy the devs and survivors continue to perpetuate. However, it is true that Deathgarden is balanced around teams from the start, whereas DbD would need a complete overhaul.

@ThePloopz I'm sorry 70% of the playerbase is ok with playing with their friends at the expense of game balance and their killer's own fun. Only the SWF fun matters.

Sorry 70% of the playerbase doesn’t agree with your view. Would you like a hug? Geez we just want to play with our friends and have fun on this game I didn’t know us wanting to enjoy ourselves was such a problem to so many people. I mean hell I pretty much only play in swf and I love to give suggestions and talk with killers as to what would help make things balanced and more enjoyable for them but it’s ######### like this that make me not want to do that and just be like the other survivors who actually don’t care about the killer’s fun. So maybe just maybe people shouldn’t make such asinine statements anymore about swf players not caring about balance or killer fun. Just a thought though.
  • weirdkid5

@WalterWh1te said:
    You flooded the Steam Forums with posts that were full of prejudices, insults, entitlement, toxicity and salt and you got banned multiple times for it. Can you at least PLEASE restrict your "posts" to the off topic section. It is so sad that you want to ruin this forum aswell.

Nice try trying to bring up my band as if I was banned for being toxic multiple times, but sorry you're just incorrect at my ban reasons. Only one of my bans was due to toxic behavior with one particular user. Whom we had personal beef with but have since made up. The other was not at all for toxic behavior and was questionable at best. It was not for toxicity. If you wanna discuss my bans in detail feel free to message me and I can send you screenshots, but dont act like I'm some vitriolic guy that wants to ruin this game, you're simply slandering me at this point and going way off topic.

Prejudice? Entitlement? It's obvious the survivor side is busted that's clear. Insults? I only ever directly insulted one user and that was why I got one of my bans, all other "insults" are directed at game skill and if you take that personal that's your own issue. Toxic? Please, I'm far from the most toxic players in this game.

My profile stats show I'm still the survivor main all other survivor mains hate. Thankfully I have people who agree with me as well.

• Tsulan

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Meh.

BNP fits in a flashlight? Talking about being glad that someone is far from being relevant balance wise...
    You have been proofed wrong, but instead of admitting that 70% of all matches are SWF, you keep on telling that it´s irrelevant, since it´s not 4x SWF.
    What about 2 SWF groups of 2 survivors? Still not relevant?
    And no, i didn´t ask "like being bullied by swf?"
    But you can´t even recall a quote, while quoting yourself. sigh

I´m sure that at this point you are just trolling.

• weirdkid5
    edited May 2018

@ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Meh.

Sorry 70% of the playerbase doesn’t agree with your view. Would you like a hug? Geez we just want to play with our friends and have fun on this game I didn’t know us wanting to enjoy ourselves was such a problem to so many people. I mean hell I pretty much only play in swf and I love to give suggestions and talk with killers as to what would help make things balanced and more enjoyable for them but it’s ######### like this that make me not want to do that and just be like the other survivors who actually don’t care about the killer’s fun. So maybe just maybe people shouldn’t make such asinine statements anymore about swf players not caring about balance or killer fun. Just a thought though.

If the description of this match doesnt apply let it fly. As I stated before, I am aware of the fact not all survivors are like this.

But a Killer cannot afford to give them breathing room unless it's quite clear they are not trying to ruin his game. But this is most SWF groups in the experience of many Killers. To dismiss this issue is laughable.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

Wow, this thread went full apeshit.
    Don't forget to just break the pallet boyz.
    We need @GeneratorJake in here to calm people down.
    I'm counting on you and your memes.

• weirdkid5

@Runiver said:

Just break the pallet and stare at a wall during pickup dude. It'll solve all your problems.

• Runiver

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Just break the pallet and stare at a wall during pickup dude. It'll solve all your problems.

Does it ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxskFXYRUFs&lc=z23pedcpwwqwf1w0nacdp43aoexw13bpinxqh04xjwdw03c010c

• Visionmaker

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Does it ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxskFXYRUFs&lc=z23pedcpwwqwf1w0nacdp43aoexw13bpinxqh04xjwdw03c010c

LOL

• weirdkid5

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

@Runiver said:

Does it ?

WOW OK I'M DONE LMAO

• Runiver

@Visionmaker @weirdkid5
    Not to mention one thing.
    I did catch her 30s later, again. And she got away with DS this time.
    Kek.

• Vancold

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

BNP fits in a flashlight? Talking about being glad that someone is far from being relevant balance wise...
    You have been proofed wrong, but instead of admitting that 70% of all matches are SWF, you keep on telling that it´s irrelevant, since it´s not 4x SWF.

Sigh.. Pretty much the unexpected bias I was fearing.

2 PFL 2 BNP. I thought survivors could bring 1 item each, but I guess in your game 2 items max per squad.

Lol, I even chose to believe your devs stream statistic. That was not the point. I said it's irrelevant when you put in the same place 2 men SWF e 4 men SWF complaining about and asking for balance.

2+2 SWF have NOWHERE near the same coordination of 4 men squad (jeez, even 4 men SWF are sometimes not that tryharding) and sure as hell don't need the same tweaks.

Well, my sentence about your "survey" was kind of a joke, but I guess when someone is closed-minded and somewhat triggered, there's no way out of the thread.

Meh.

• ThePloopz
    weirdkid5 said:

@ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Meh.

If the description of this match doesnt apply let it fly. As I stated before, I am aware of the fact not all survivors are like this.

But a Killer cannot afford to give them breathing room unless it's quite clear they are not trying to ruin his game. But this is most SWF groups in the experience of many Killers. To dismiss this issue is laughable.

weirdkid5 said:

@ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@ThePloopz said:

Again? Hm. Interesting.

Meh.

This thread is now laughable 
  • weirdkid5

@ThePloopz said:
    weirdkid5 said:

@ThePloopz said:

weirdkid5 said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said: @Vancold said: @Tsulan said: @Vancold said: @Tsulan said: @ThePloopz said: I said she’d be op then you said “Well it’s a 4v1 horror game. Killer should actually be strong while the survivors should be scared.” So I think I just misinterpreted that as a response instead of it’s own statement my bad on that one 70% of the matches are SWF. Hm? I thought 48,3%. Or maybe we should stop pulling stats out of our asses. Devs said in a stream that 70% of all matches contain SWF. But i´m to tired to search the stream for you, to proof you again, wrong. Again? Hm. Interesting. Anyway, nice, boi. You're counting 2 men SWF in the statistics you're using to cater balance. Way to go with statistic manipulation. Meh. I said that 70% of all matches are SWF. Doesn´t matter if its 2, 3 or 4.

Yep. It matters. Because if you think it's the same SWF 2 and SWF 4, then I'm really REALLY glad you're far from being relevant balance-wise, as not a member of the devs team. Lmao, so, your personal experience and those who you asked should matter regarding statistics? Bet you asked: "Do you like being BULLIED BY SWF 4-MEN-SQUAD CLAUDETTES 2 PFL 2 BNP?!?!".

Meh.

weirdkid5 said:

@ThePloopz said:

weirdkid5 said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said: @Vancold said: @Tsulan said: @Vancold said: @Tsulan said: @ThePloopz said: I said she’d be op then you said “Well it’s a 4v1 horror game. Killer should actually be strong while the survivors should be scared.” So I think I just misinterpreted that as a response instead of it’s own statement my bad on that one 70% of the matches are SWF. Hm? I thought 48,3%. Or maybe we should stop pulling stats out of our asses. Devs said in a stream that 70% of all matches contain SWF. But i´m to tired to search the stream for you, to proof you again, wrong. Again? Hm. Interesting. Anyway, nice, boi. You're counting 2 men SWF in the statistics you're using to cater balance. Way to go with statistic manipulation. Meh. I said that 70% of all matches are SWF. Doesn´t matter if its 2, 3 or 4.

Yep. It matters. Because if you think it's the same SWF 2 and SWF 4, then I'm really REALLY glad you're far from being relevant balance-wise, as not a member of the devs team. Lmao, so, your personal experience and those who you asked should matter regarding statistics? Bet you asked: "Do you like being BULLIED BY SWF 4-MEN-SQUAD CLAUDETTES 2 PFL 2 BNP?!?!".

Meh.

This thread is now laughable 

To some, it is laughable. To others, it just confirms what they already believe to be the problems with the game.

Regardless, I couldn't care less about pleasing people on these forums. I spit out a lot of unpopular opinions, and I'm always met with dismissive attitudes and attempts to hurt my credibility, and yet despite this, I have more people to agree with me than disagree at the end of the day.

• Tsulan

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

@Vancold said:

@Tsulan said:

Sigh.. Pretty much the unexpected bias I was fearing.

2 PFL 2 BNP. I thought survivors could bring 1 item each, but I guess in your game 2 items max per squad.

Lol, I even chose to believe your devs stream statistic. That was not the point. I said it's irrelevant when you put in the same place 2 men SWF e 4 men SWF complaining about and asking for balance.

2+2 SWF have NOWHERE near the same coordination of 4 men squad (jeez, even 4 men SWF are sometimes not that tryharding) and sure as hell don't need the same tweaks.

Well, my sentence about your "survey" was kind of a joke, but I guess when someone is closed-minded and somewhat triggered, there's no way out of the thread.

Meh.

Please go back to the original statement. Where i was talking about 4 SWF with 4 flashlights and you thinking that many killers love to face this challenge. Now you changed it to 4 SWF with 2 flashlights and 2 BNP. Since you can´t even keep the numbers right, when you quote someone.
    Do i still pull numbers out of my ass like when i said 70% of all matches are SWF? or do you want more proof?
    It´s hillarious how you deny the statistics several people presented to you. Of course 2x 2SWF isn´t nearly as coordinated as a 4 SWF group. BUT there shouldn´t be any coordination at all. 1 survivor gets chased and during the chase he sees a burning totem. Now guess who´s coming to cleanse it.

Devs need to start balancing around voice coms. Because the mayority of their player base uses it.

Yeah, you really are close minded.

• Judith
    Judith Member Posts: 819

Look whos "getting emotional" about the game. It is just a game sir right?

Lmao.

• weirdkid5
    edited June 2019

Oh man, you sifted through my post history from OVER A YEAR AGO in order to attempt to try and "expose" me?

That's pretty sad. You've officially gone off the deep end for this discussion. I've learned to reign in my anger, nor do I actually attempt to hide when I do get angry. Regardless, when people told me to stop getting emotional, I heeded their advice and tried to improve myself.

You, however, remain vindictive to try and justify your poor behavior. End this discussion.

Post edited by weirdkid5 on