whats the point of bloodpoint caps

genosyo
genosyo Member Posts: 46

i dont understand it to be honest ? can someone explain why there being a bloodpoint cap is contributing to the game helpfully in anyway.. ?

( NO arguements in the comments. genuinely curious. )

Comments

• Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725

I think it might have been a countermeasure to people editting their gamefiles when DbD first came out and it was easy to do that, but that's outdated now. I've since heard people say that they don't want people being able to prestige and get straight back to lvl 50. If that's true, then I guess the primary reason is to unnecessarily handicap players.

• BaschFonRonsenburg
    BaschFonRonsenburg Member Posts: 311

If there were no bps caps then games could last forever, games aren’t timed so people could just continue to farm altruism, deviousness, boldness and brutality points. Putting a cap incentivizes ending the game.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

It used to be there to keep people from giving themselves unlimited BP in the early years of the game. At least as I understand it. Now, for some reason. The devs don't want people to be able to max out new characters at their release.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

I think it is about the 1.000.000 cap, and not about the 32k cap

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

Why unnecessarily? Forcing different builds/perks so that not everyone runs meta builds on new characters is a good thing in my opinion

• genosyo

with a million bloodpoints u can get to like lvl 44... ??? #########

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

band-aid fix to counter cheaters who used to get infinite bloodpoints. Pretty useless considering that cheaters cheat directly their inventory without using the bloodweb.

• raulblideran
    raulblideran Member Posts: 225

The devs stated that they don't want people to max out a character in the first day hence why they keep it at 1 million.

• genosyo

thats so dumb ######### why would u wanna restrict that from the players..? it wont affect them in ANY-WAY. sometimes this games devs get me thinking on ######### theyre up to

• Kei_Ra
    Kei_Ra Member Posts: 56

Devs stated that they don't want people to max out a character in the first day yet Otz got Pyramid Head to P3 Lvl 30 in a single stream day, even I have Cheryl P3 50 now.

my point being people will still get these characters to max ASAP might as well make it easier on casual players and raise the cap some.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

It's so the day a new killer comes out people don't max them out. Yet it's not much of a counter measure to the people who play a lot. I saved up like 800k bloodpoints before ph got here and I got him to mid 30s. If I had shards saved up I could buy perks I already have from the shrine to get another 200-250k each. I've taken GF to p1 the day he came out.

• emptyCups
    emptyCups Member Posts: 1,262

I'm sorry I got PH to 45 before I played a match.

Challenges for 90k cap at 100k login 50k and tomb had like 80k because I stacked old killer ones up

10 matches and then i P1 on first day.

• Cabbage
    Cabbage Member Posts: 349

People were hacking into the files and giving themselves millions of bp, so the devs added the cap to monitor accounts. By doing this if they saw an account over a million bp they knew that they were hacking and hence got banned. Nowadays if you see someone with over a million it’s because the devs have probability gifted them some, for data loss, etc.