Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Fun Question: Toxic Killers or Toxic Survivors. Which do you see more?

Toxic survivors are usually more vocal I think or do the teabagging and flashlighting bit...

or maybe you mean they kill themselves off first hook or let themselves get caught...

Toxic killers is a bit different because it's understood but not "defined" (I.E. camping, tunneling, slugging, etc etc) However I have also had killers go off on me in chat after the game lol..

So which do you see more? Why?

Comments

• Brightened
    Brightened Member Posts: 308

I'm the "You had plenty of time to save" bit lol I find myself saying that about everyone... not even if it's just myself left on hook. I could just be spectating a game and still go.. "Why did you let yourself get pushed out?" "Why didn't you go look for no-ed?" and stuff like that. We have to work together to get out and I don't like those that don't get that #saltysurvivormainrant

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Comes down to game population. More survivors per game more chance of toxicity.

I often see survivors ignoring me post game chat but attacking each other.

sometimes you can tell, toxic swf attack the killer, toxic solos attack each other. Close the chat it ain’t worth your time win lose or draw.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

What if you play SWF and "attack" stupid teammates for not cleansing NOED? Just a hypothetical.

• Killigma
    Killigma Member Posts: 372

More survivor player base will clearly skew the numbers.

• LordRegal
    LordRegal Member Posts: 1,549

Definitely see more toxic survivors than killers. It's very rare that I'll run into a killer that I would consider toxic, while as in solo queue I wind up siding with the killer in post game chat fairly frequently when they get called out for toxicity when I quite frankly didn't find it toxic. Even with the multitude of threads complaining about Pheads facecamping cages, I never encountered one, or anyone that tunneled hard out of a cage. Whereas just in the few games I've played so far today I've seen a Dwight extremely mad and spouting obscenities at a Feng postgame for not killing herself on hook so he could get the hatch (which made me extremely glad I opted not to give him the hatch as I was thinking I would).

• Gopher
    Gopher Member Posts: 50

Toxic survivors, only because I'm a killer main. XD

• coffeegirl
    coffeegirl Member Posts: 38

Survivors toxic bc they rr obsessed abt rank and dont be kill neither take a risk, just waiting for other to take risk and be killed

• Brightened
    Brightened Member Posts: 308

I agree with this 100%. I do think there should be more emphesis on altruism, but then if you end up against a killer that has a tough time catching people, you'd end up with no points...

• JimPickens
    JimPickens Member Posts: 158

The only way you could say killer is if you only play survivor lol, it's THAT bad. Actually that's not even true because a good 6/10 my team has at least one toxic cringe lord on it. You'd think it would get old

#MakeKillersScaryAgain

• bingbongboi90
    bingbongboi90 Member Posts: 576

Survivors, because its 4v1 its easily to gang up a killer in the endgame chat because it is one side against the other.

That's why i ussually leave the game immidiately after the match has ended.

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Well, for everyone 1 killer there's 4 survivors. Probably going to see more toxicity with more people

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited June 2020

Survivors, easily. It's not even a competition.

Every time I play survivor it's mostly just GG's all around. Occasionally a killer does something annoying like the whole "Gonna give you the hatch, JUST KIDDING, LOL" thing.

With survivors it's just constant, all the time. Someone has some trash to talk, someone has to be a smartass, SWF's are constantly exploiting the matchmaking and looking to bully baby killers for pips in red ranks, every single game people have to whine about how the killer played and issue insults accordingly, and so on.

The only good thing a survivor has ever said to me was just nothing at all.

Edit: Heh, two consecutive games after posting this: me as killer, my wife as survivor. Survivors tell me to kill myself in my game, and one of my wifes teammates tell her they hope she dies of corona, while the killer just said gg in hers.

Post edited by Bovinity on
  • DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

I have gotten lots of evil messages from survivors, but the only message I have gotten from a killer that was negative was somone who wrote "easy" after winning. So toxic killers are super rare.

• kazakun
    kazakun Member Posts: 581

I want to say it's even,but upon further reflection,yeah,it's probably just going to be survivors. They have a lot more things at their disposal. Since you can get killers that are low rank,there can sometimes be the excuse of "they just didn't know any better" that people frown on camping or whatever. As far as messages,it's still going to be survivors. Don't really see a lot of salty messages from killers, personally.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
  • Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640

Oh, it's no contest. Survivors.

• Bovinity
    Bovinity Member Posts: 1,522
    edited June 2020

I suspect they were displeased about not getting their easy pips running this 4-man:

(I'm sad, though, I ranked up to 15 from that game. Darn.)

• Clinton
    Clinton Member Posts: 348

I play on PS4 Survivors by a mile.

I run into at least one t-bagging idiot every other game. Funny thing is the cocky toxic survivors are some of the worst players and will dc and send you hate mail for tunneling them. You wanted my attention so you got it

• JustCats
    JustCats Member Posts: 298

Killers don't really have the means to be toxic the way survivors do. There's no emoting, no flashlights to click, most of them can't even duck. Plus, who has time for that BS as a killer. The only "toxic" behavior is when they violate some random rule in the Survivor's Rulebook for Killers, which is honestly not so much toxicity as it is just playing the game a way the other team doesn't like. For example, camping in a shooter isn't toxic, it's just lame.

So yeah, survivors are going to be more toxic. It's honestly astonishing to me how frequently they are, however, especially considering that the game is largely stacked in their favor. But that may be part of it - lots of opportunities for survivor BS, and if they lose it's going to feel "unfair" because it probably doesn't happen often.

• SewerSwans
    SewerSwans Member Posts: 147

Barely ever see toxic killers, though I don't call strategic tunneling, slugging etc toxic.

I've virtually never been BM'd at by a killer, whereas even in situations like "I didn't slug for the 4K and your escape is solely because of this and map RNG", about 2/4 survivors will BM me when their escape is assured. The few toxic killers I encounter who slug me to bleed out or facecamp the first down are usually incredibly bitter people out solely to grief others, who are playing killer specifically because of ways to grief.

Whereas the SWFs who key out on death hook and send me "GG EZ" are survivor mains playing the game normally, with petty sadism being part of the fun for them.

• ShrekTheThird69
    ShrekTheThird69 Member Posts: 327

About the same amount of both. But survivors usually make use of the end game chat to be toxic, killers just leave after tunnel, camp, mori

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Its not an exact science more a general statement. Usually you see a two vs two or three on one post game survivor hate fest.

Most post game negativity is in the minority I have to admit you either get props or a GG no matter game outcome.

Although 4k mori on hag is like dinner and a show usually hehe.

• Reaver_Raziel
    Reaver_Raziel Member Posts: 400
    edited June 2020

Gonna be honest here I am like 80-90% killer player. The last 10%-20% is doing survivor challenges, rituals and playing with friends. But when im playing survivor I have on several occassions (personally I would say most of the time, but its a been while since I last did it) been a #########. If I am just playing solo to complete challenges and what not, and I happen to be the first one on the hook. If its really really early in the game and I see like 3 survivors urban evading around on the other side of the map, of if I happen to go second phase on my first hook. Well thats a gg from me I kill my self on hook and move on.

I cba to deal with people that dont wanna play the game or "win". If there is no attempt at playing im out. Surivor queues are fairly short in my area so its not a problem.

Does that make me a bad person? No. But it does make me a terrible team mate, which is why I usually play killer so I dont have to deal with the occassional potato.

As a killer, I rarely camp (99% of the time its after the last gen has popped and the game is basically over, just trying to get a final kill. Maybe more if the survivors ######### up.

As for tunneling. I cant even begin to describe how often you get accused of tunneling when you either randomly run into the same survivors over and over, either because of poor decision making, them being the only one near me (run away if you have been hooked once, dont be a suicidal hero), the others being immersive or just bad luck. Ofc sometimes its very intentional, a few times because of feeling slighted by them (stupid of me, they want my attention), sometimes because well 2 gens left and 0 kills. Somebody has to die if I want a chance at this. And sometimes me just being completly unable to catch the other guys.

Sucks to be that survivor but if I see someone I just hooked run into no mans dead zone, and another fresh survivor with a clicky clicky flashlight run into pallet heaven, ofc im not gonna follow into a pallet heavy area. I want fast downs and fast pressure. The more arrogant a survivor seems (flashlight clicking, tbagging, running OoO, etc) the more I try to not chase them, and chase everyone else. Its plain suicide to do anything else.

Post edited by Reaver_Raziel on
  • Senateman
    Senateman Member Posts: 3

I don't really count tunnelling or camping as toxic, annoying maybe but I can understand it. Usually if I die it's bc I was playing badly. I've had my first experience tonight while playing of another fellow toxic survivor who was telling me I should die and cussing me out for playing overly cautious. I maybe should've tried more to be a proactive player but the killer was always around. It's kinda off-putting and it was the first time I encountered it. The next game I tried to play more recklessly and we all died so idk I guess it's been an off day. I've also had survivors in pre-game chat saying the nword and other offensive terms. Most players are nice but it stung.

• LALYTHIA
    LALYTHIA Member Posts: 1,656

In match: Killers.

Outside the match: Survivors.

That's easy.

• Rasinbran
    Rasinbran Member Posts: 240

Killers easily have the greatest toxicity potential but fail to truly harness it like I have.

Completely ignore the objective and get as many downs as possible on every survivor, eventually bleeding them out.

I'm not talking about downing them once, I'm talking double digits people. Pick their entitled bottoms up and drop them off a ledge and watch them float down to the ground like a piece of garbage and keep doing it until they get off your shoulder.

They deserve every flip and flop, screw cocky survivors I'll put them in their place thinking immediately dropping pallets and vaulting God windows allows them to tbag and message me after a game.

• goatslinger
    goatslinger Member Posts: 522

I see toxic survivors much, much more often. This is mainly because when i play survivor I am the toxic survivor so I see one every game. Then the ones I see when i'm playing killer from time to time.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Here's a secret.

Of course it's going to look like survivors are more toxic, every single time. You have 4 of them and they are going to chat between themselves at the end of the match. Who is the killer going to talk to.

1. You have a high probability of seeing a toxic person in the survivor group because there are 4 of them. That's 4 times the chance of having a toxic person, every single match.
    2. The 4 survivors are obviously going to be more likely to chat among themselves because they're a group and will back each other up most times.
    3. The killer obviously isn't going to say much because he doesn't have anyone to back him up.
    4. The killer's toxicity is more subtle such as tunneling. You can't tell if a killer is tunneling to be toxic or tunneling as a strategy.
  • CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

Toxic killer play styles, toxic messages from survivors.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Survivors. Easily.

I play on PS4 so people are less Verbal but an example of the game my Fiance just played:

He is going for one of the Legion challenges in the Rift. He let the Survivors farm off him, watched them do gens, stood at pallets so they could drop them on him and then flashlight him, watched them heal and get chase excapes. The survivors didn't stick together but usually there was one (a Nea) or two (the Nea and Adam) running all over him for BP. But when he tried to Feral Frenzy them so he could get the challenge + they could heal they would immediately run away from him, 360 him and make sure he would have to run across the entire map to find 1 or 2 other survivors.

It was gross and felt terrible for him. It was frustrating to watch.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

I see more toxic survivors, even when I play survivor I get attacked more post game chat by "team mates" than the killer.

• MusicNerd_TC
    MusicNerd_TC Member Posts: 3,099

Toxic survivors. It's really hard to be toxic as killer, and I mean REALLY. Toxic killers do stuff like nodding their head repeatedly or watching the last guy die on the floor, even if you're next to the hook. I see more survivors do stuff like, t bag flashlight click and ######### talk in the end game chat than killers.

• PlaysByShady
    PlaysByShady Member Posts: 590

Toxic survivors by far. Very few will say gg after being hammered into defeat. They'll only say GG if they managed to run the killer around and abuse him, etc. Their definition of GG is that it was good for them, not a good match overall.

Some are so toxic they'll blame anyone and everyone for their own mistakes... they'll blame the killer, and even other survivors.

Killers on the other hand just get on with the job at hand, there's not much else they can do. I don't buy the whole camping/tunneling thing as being toxic because with some SWF groups running stretched res, etc, it's the only way you can get a kill and slow the game down a little.

Everything is contextual, and only the killer has the wider context being as it's a single killer who's a side on their own. The survivor's only see 1/4 of the whole experience each, and easily get confused or a distorted picture. I've had survivors accuse me of tunneling because they thought I went straight after them, when they didn't see I went after someone else and followed the scratches which inadvertently led me to them. Until survivors realise they don't have the whole picture, regardless of how things appeared to them, they'll never accept that they made a mistake and reduce their toxicity.

• Vox_Nocturne
    Vox_Nocturne Member Posts: 545

First of all, I play both sides and have seen and met many decent (even friendly) players, survivor and killer. Either side gets their fair share of unjustified grief, when it's only a small portion of each which plays like entitled scrubs. Saying that...

From my history of playing this game toxic survivors vastly outweigh toxic killers. It has been the longest timw since I've experienced any face-camping, tunneling or griefing from a killer (& I mean that in their actual meaning, not as in someone patrolling a hook where the survivor starts saying they're "baby killer" and all that crap. However, the clicky-dicky brigade and tea-bagging tosspots are still plentiful. Toxic survivors are also most likely to b***h and moan - I mean politely protest - at the "unfairness" of the game.

Fortunately, there are a lot of fun players from both sides to overcome this. So, as a thought, maybe it should those decent players from both sides could come together to rat out the toxic crap on both sides. It'll never be completely without toxicity, but it should be about the majority of decent folk vs the slurry of entitled and bitter.

• mouse0270
    mouse0270 Member Posts: 849

When playing killer, I don't find a lot of toxic survivors. Some dicks in end game chat. But I that might be because I find it a lot harder for survivors to be toxic... Like literally I find two things toxic, Forcing me to hit you with BT when I am clearly trying to avoid you so you pin me in a hallway where I have to hit you to pass. (To be clear, this is different than taking a hit. If I go to swing for the other person and you get in the way, that is good TM, the other is basically asking me to tunnel you). The other thing is, working on a gen in my face because your anti-momentum perk is still up. At least go work on a gen somewhere else.

When playing survivor, I do tend to find more killers being "toxic" but that might be because as I prefer the killer role, I hold the to my standards.

• metalklok
    metalklok Member Posts: 632

im not sure

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063

Survivors. I'm a killer main, and so the majority of my experiences comes from survivors being toxic against me, but even during the 600+ hours I played survivor, they were just as toxic to me and other survivors as they were to the killer. Their toxic mentality Reminds me of this: