What about Legacy

Let me just start by saying this; I have been playing this game since 2016. It is one of my favorite games and the game I have the most hours on in steam. I had Legacy 3 Dwight and Nea, Legacy II Claudette, and a Legacy I Hillbilly. In 2017, my save file got corrupted and I lost all of it forever. Despite several emails to the Developers, I just got the same reply, "We will continue to work on this issue and solve it".

Well, they finally solved it.

Ik most people are gonna flame me but whatever. I worked for those and so did a crap ton of other people as well. It's like they are blaming us for their crappy save code. Dbd is much bigger than it was in 2016, development team and player base. I'm sure they could solve this by showing if you had proof of legacy (via steam achievements or screenshots) then you should get the legacy back.

Link to my screenshots:

I do not have screenshots for my Claudette or Billy so I don't expect them to have them ever. I will though leave you with my first screenshot for the game.

TL;DR I'm very butthurt

Comments

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

The devs are acting as if returning legacy to those that lost it is impossible. It's not.

You could return legacy cosmetics by:

• Accepting proof such as steam screenshots, videos etc. Prestige achievements before November 24th 2016 would be MANDATORY evidence.

Or by reaching a compromise:

• Again, prestige achievements before November 24th 2016 would be MANDATORY evidence. Based on how many times the person prestiged before Nov 24th 2016, you allow that person to chose ONE character to receive their legacy cosmetics on. So if they have prestiged twice before the deadline, you allow them to receive 2 legacy cosmetic's on ONE character. It's the least you could do, instead of shrugging your shoulders and pretending this issue can't be resolved.
  • DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

I don't agree fully with your compromise suggestion but the fact that the devs haven't reached out to the veteran for OVER THREE FREAKING YEARS is absolutly disgusting. That's such a middlefinger to everyone who made the game grow that much back then, those who supported dbd when it was NOTHING but a super buggy and unbalanced mess which had accidently a good concept.

• icemancat
    icemancat Member Posts: 150

I also lost my legacy back in 2017. I had legacy 1 and 2 for trapper and just like you, I tried to contact the devs a few times. Just like DwightOP mentioned, only 3 years later do they finally mention it in a dev stream and only now are we hearing that they might not be coming back. Hopefully my post gets approved soon so that more awareness for this topic possibly catches the dev's attention. My post was on lost legacy too.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,033
    edited June 2020

Prestige steam achievements before the cut off date makes a lot of sense. I hope they can work on returning the legacy outfits with that as proof.