Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why are Claudettes the worst survs in the game?

Self explanatory. Why are people who pick her absolute trash at everything? I have yet to see one, either as killer or survivor, play the game like they have half a brain. Is this the noob skin that potatoes pick whether it's a regular to P3? If there's more than one in your group it's almost a guaranteed lost. JFC they make every stupid ######### play imaginable. Even one is a liability at best.

Comments

• BoiltOver
    BoiltOver Member Posts: 118

The original five using base cosmetics are always a recipe for disaster, sometimes even if they're using purchased ones. But I try my best to bring good will to the Claudette name.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

I got rank 1 survivor, solo, playing as a Claudette. Also, the worst are the David's, his body distracts the guy behind the monitor and ######### up everything

• Kolonite
    Kolonite Member Posts: 1,346

Self care is a cruel mistress that draws in new players and teaches them a poor play style

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275

Claudette is still the most common new player pick because she's a base game survivor with a self-heal.

There are good Claudette players too, obviously.

• NinjaDette1
    NinjaDette1 Member Posts: 1,289
    edited June 2020

It’s obviously Nea😒 any Claudette hatters will be smacked until they bleed😀.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

Actually, self care is a great perk, it prevents stop your teammates of doing gens to help you, and it works as a catalyst to medkits, you can also heal your self in chases that in some cases is a great idea and can apply even more pressure on the killer

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670

I was playing on a team yesterday with a phenomenal Claudette. However, that is not what I see most of the time. I do believe a lot of new players gravitate to self care, and never learn the advanced strategies of the game that require dumping that garbage perk.

• Kolonite

my personal experience with it is that it’s suicide. I play gf with nurses and don’t even use sloppy. I rarely play a game with multiple self care gamers that does go extremely poorly for them. Inner strength is just leagues better than it. Plus there’s quite a few killers than can just one shot you anyways so healing instead of just getting on a gen injured is a waste of time. Plus killers like Oni, bubba, Billy, and Myers make it practically useless because they can easily 1 shot you and three of the four are very popular.

• DBD_Pinhead
    DBD_Pinhead Member Posts: 763

There shouldn't be any reason that a P3 Claudette should blow a gen in the first 10 seconds of the game. TWICE. Or stay in the basement after being rescued. Or keep struggling on the hook when your P2 clone screwed the team with boneheaded plays where not a single gen gets by the time there's one person left that's even putting progress on them, and doing bones, AND rescuing said Claudettes. These things have happened with every game I've played tonight so far. I been debating making a post about the concentration of the scrub players for a while but it's like they all suck. I don't even expect ones without special skins to ever make the right play but you would think that P1-P3 wouldn't be playing like 20s yet here we are.

• DBD_Pinhead

They need to stop. Seriously. Your backpack can only be so big when you have them on your team. To be fair I'm sure there are some great players that happen to play Claudette. But in my experience those are in SWF and even then they can be a weak link. I've come across some bad Neas before but these Claudettes and their plays... it's even scarier when you're on the hook with Kindred and seeing them Urban Evasioning around the map... without the perk and doing nothing else.

• yosufrp
    yosufrp Member Posts: 16

This post is nothing but DISCRIMINATION. I don't care what you say!! NOT ALL CLAUDETTES play the same, I've met very friendly and helpful claudettes and played against a few claudettes who walk around and don't do much which could be because they maybe new but maybe not. At the end of the day, I am so sick of people labelling all claudettes as bad and dumb. I main claudette and I love to help others and do gens and it's annoying being labelled as someone who apparently hides in a bush. Let's not even talk about the racism as well.

• Kolonite

You should hang out with the bubba mains that don’t camp. They’re the only ones that are gonna be able to relate to you lol

• DBD_Pinhead

You damn right it is. I'm black and I'm embarrassed that those who play her fit the stereotype of being the first ones dead in a horror movie. At this rate, I'll take the wait of a lobby dodge. If I want to throw a game, I'll TRY to work with one while they screw the gens and run the killer towards me.

• Golden_spider
    Golden_spider Member Posts: 587
    edited June 2020

As a totally unbiased Claudette player I can say it's usually the Megs who are the biggest liability in a match from my experiences.

Blows up generators, goes down consistently within 30 seconds of chase (ironically), grabbed from lockers meaning a chase didn't even happen.

(Seriously though any character that's free with the base game will always be played more meaning more likely that a newer player is using them, not just one character.)

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 650
    edited June 2020

I main Claudette, although self-care is not in my build, and generally don't have much issue with other Clauds. David's on the other hand are frequently kinda potato. Especially a No Mither David. All in all though every character has people that play them amazing and/or potato. I am probably overly altruistic, I joke a lot that altruism kills 100% of the time.

I have seen other survivors who dislike Claudette go out of there way to lead the killer to me and the like. But that is not on my for playing this character, that is on them for being hateful jerks. If a fellow survivor works with the killer hook me, I just suicide out and head on tot he next match, no one needs that crap.

• timbologna
    timbologna Member Posts: 348

They're people that pick dark characters to blend in with the environment easier. Of course people are going to prefer dark players over light players. It's an easy exploit.

• Owlzey
    Owlzey Member Posts: 442
    edited June 2020

Honestly, Megs have screwed me over way more times than Claudettes.

Just the other day, I had a Meg drop the pallet on me when we both could've gotten through, causing me to become injured. There was also a match against facecamping Bubba where a Dweet ran him around for awhile before getting facecamped. Once he died, 1 gen was left and ofc when the Meg got downed instantly (would've been first hook) she disconnected. Like yes, facecamping Bubba sucks, but if you didn't DC then we could've finished the gen and 2 players would've gotten out alive instead of only 1.

All in all, ######### Megs.

Post edited by Owlzey on
  • PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

Well, Adam is a DLC character and has a white coat, unless you waste shards or Auric cells on a different cloak. Claudette is also a smaller character model.

The fact that she also has healing perks is inticing to new players, since they generally can't last in a chase.

• PigMainClaudette

I'm also not THAT bad at the game!

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219
    edited June 2020

So, for what p3 character is it ok to blow up gens? because i see lots of others doing it as well.

I just think that advanced claudettes dont use the usuall "just run around a mindless loop" approach. I for one juke the killer, but that "sets him free" to go after someone else, even if i wasted 2 or 3 minutes of his time. And i see players thinking that if the killer dosnt hook you at the end, you didnt occupy him. But not everyone likes the same playstyle.

• arslaN
    arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

No, Megs are way worse. I don't remember the last time I've seen a decent Meg.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

I'm a rank 1 claudette main. Don't stereotype, as the bad claud players just want to be immersed. Good ones are awesome. Like ayruns also a rank 1 claud main. I don't even wear dark outfits on her. I'm the opposite of a stereotypical claudette. So thats offensive to the people who dont just use her to be invisible.

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666

You can blame certain Claudette main youtuber that kept making unfunny ######### videos for 13 year olds.

• PigMainClaudette

I play with the default skin and I still contribute to my team. I'm just not as good in a chase as a lot of other people. Immersed is boring, but using her natural stealth abilities is fine to me.

Hovering around rank 4 and 5 depending on when reset is too.

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

TBH I thought you meant worst as in they're like dealing with Satan. I didn't think you actually meant they're bad skill-wise.

I was about to say, I'm starting to have it out for Fengs, not Clauds. Fengs are usually the ones that think they're hot ######### from my experiences (maybe they like to pick the cute character and show off because they have a princess complex IRL? I have no idea why.)

As for the actual "worst" survivors I see (when it comes to skill) it's usually Meggheads. I have no idea what it is about them -- it almost feels like they aren't human. Like an AI trying to figure out how to blend in with other humans on a game of DbD. I like to watch them sometimes like I'm watching a nature documentary in real time.

• hillbillyclaudmain69
    hillbillyclaudmain69 Member Posts: 1,528

Good to see a fellow claud main. I'm not a very god tier looper, and can only get around a 2 gen chase, but I'm always there with a flashlight if someone gets downed lol. Honestly though, the David's are the idiots.

• PigMainClaudette

I don't run any items on any of my characters. Funny thing is that I have also been running my P3 Yui lately.

If you can, Resilience and Spine Chill are fantastic for looping. The extra vault speed is always very good for chases, and if you combine it with Self-Care, you can 99 the healing to have two health states AND get the Resilience bonus.

• xenotimebong
    xenotimebong Member Posts: 2,803

Claudettes are either gods who have been playing the game since launch and know every trick in the book, or scaredy cat newbies who have no business being the rank they’re at. There’s no in between.